Waste of time

Well lets wait until tuesday and check if the updates will fix most of the problems. I think that, at this point, the “UK update” will be secondary to “sim updates”.
At least…this update will be in next days. It would be worst if we had to wait about 20 days for the update

This is my point - if everyone reports their issue to Zendesk then they should be aware of any global issues affecting the large majority of users and should provide a fix.

I just read a lot of people posting on the forum for the first time, and want to make sure everyone knows to report to Zendesk as some people don’t know about this resource as you and I do.

1 Like

I don’t have CTDs, but what I do have is regular drop outs of VR where the Oculus link fails and needs a good kicking.

And before you ask, it’s absolutely fine with all other games. I can only assume it’s the OpenXR implementation, which has been mentioned many times before on this board.

Please discuss points, not people. I’ll let the topic cool down for a minute or some.

1 Like

This topic was automatically opened after 9 hours.

The article starts with wasting time. Time is money. Perhaps we should all bill our time to microsoft’s financial management because the Microsoft FS2020 was launched far too early.

To be fair, there’s a lot of us who are experiencing CTDs but don’t comment or post. I typically come here to look for answers, but rarely say anything. I’ve been having a lot of CTDs since the last update.

If they read there own forums even just the top threads from time to time we would not need all the hassle to report to Zen

That’s your choice I’m afraid! Scroll through here and post… or fill in the form. The latter provides them with information that could lead to a fix.

The questions you fill in on the report are the things you should be checking anyway if you have CTD.

You’re a part of the community forum. They have provided Zendesk for the community to help provide data in a concise and accurate way.

They could read the forum with all its many many unique users with their unique problems that could be down to unique circumstances, or could be one big problem.

They need a form to direct us to that we can fill in to provide specific information that they can analyse and work out what’s due to a community addon and what’s due to the base sim.

That form is Zendesk.

We can’t have our cake and eat it, we can look for others experiencing the same issues here on the forum, but Zendesk is there for a reason. Even if it requires a bit more effort.

At the top of the self-service section of this forum is this heading:

Help each other with issues, workarounds, hardware, and more. Note: For bug reporting to the dev team, use Zendesk.

1 Like

I bet there’s a lot more who don’t have ctds. I downloaded it since the start date and haven’t had one. Also my computer has a lot lower spec than most people, I bought it to run FSX years ago. All I have done since is to change the graphics card to a Gtx970 and add an ssd. Also added a 32 inch 2560 x1440p monitor. I put the settings on medium but adjusted the graphics higher. Buildings are now on ultra and trees and grass on high, lod is, I think about 130.I have no idea what the frame rate is and don’t want to know. My main point of this post though is to point out that I think people appear to be more bothered about performance etc than actually playing the game and fiddling around with settings can in some cases make things worse.

Are you not the exception that proves the rule, though?

You’re a member of the forum and have just posted in a CTD thread.

It’s impossible to know, though, you’re right there could be loads of people.

Don’t want to repeat my earlier post but even 10,000 people experiencing CTD might not be enough if it’s not one core issue and 490,000 other users aren’t. Tricky!

Imho: I think it would be helpful to have a debug mode. One could narrow down the suspects of some CTDs. Of course the overhead of logging and trapping exceptions would slow down the sim, so you would only switch it on when you are experiencing CTDs. A client app could then collect the log file and automatically fill in the required data (i.e. windows version, content of the community folder, RAM…) . A click on a confirm button would send the report to Zendesk.

Zendesk as it is now, is to cumbersome for me to use. Simple to time-consuming. I have to enter the same data over and over. Zendesk does not remember data I typed in the report before (i.e. username, email…). A semi-automated reporting process would be cool.

Cheers!

1 Like

Edited - thanks @Pieter1982NL for the clarification.

It would be great if more things could be auto-filled in Zendesk, but not sure how possible that is as it’s a separate website that offers this service to many products.

As it stands Zendesk is the most direct route we have to the Devs. Definitely worth taking the time to report.

Options -> General -> Developer mode -> Enable developer mode

Press ` for the console

The forum header:
The “Support” link brings you at Zendesk.

2 Likes

You have my sympathies. I’m in the same boat with repeat CTDs. My RTW trip is on-hold. There is nothing worse in this sim than crashing 4 hours into a leg.

I literally recoil at the thought of playing ATM, it has been too disappointing.

So I’ve packed my Warthog controls away and wait for a brighter day…

1 Like

I start to get a bit twitchy when I notice I’m at around 2 hours, and feel I am pushing my luck, and find the nearest airport to land at. :slight_smile:

I flew for I think around 10 hours at the weekend, maybe a little more, and had a single crash, not including the purposeful ones where I was testing the workaround for the Bing issue.

Ah brilliant, thanks @Pieter1982NL - I stand corrected!

So I come back to my main point, if you haven’t already:

Report CTD to Zendesk here!

1 Like
2 Likes