Watch this before purchasing captainsim 777

This is a video explaining what you’re purchasing for those planning on buying. Don’t buy it without watching this first! Captainsim 777 - Has it really come to this?? | Discussion (NO REVIEW) | Microsoft Flight Simulator - YouTube

3 Likes

Spoiler: Yet another Frankenstein.
And people still fall for it since the screenshots look nice.

5 Likes

What are you talking about?

Frankenstein was a monster constructed from the parts from other living things.

4 Likes

It’s sad all these negative videos about this plane. I bought it and I love it very much. The model is so detailed with this beautiful interior. It fly very nicely. As FS itself, it’s the first version and they will update and make it better over time. Just be patient. At $30 it’s really worth the price for this quality.

André

5 Likes

hope you’re kidding

they literrally strapped the whole default 747 interior. you even see 4 engines in the screens…
its in NO WAY worth 30$…

5 Likes

Yeah I never understand what the appeal is. Why the hell would you pay $30 for a 3D model? I can find you a 3D model of a 777 if you want, for free. You can fire it up and look at it in Blender and pretend youre flying (even though not even the cockpit is modeled, let alone experiencing the actual flight characteristics of that airframe), same experience and level of fidelity!

4 Likes

Topic moved into 3rd Party aircraft #third-party-addon-discussion:aircraft for discussion.

C’mon, let the guy enjoy his purchase. It’s purely subjective how people value different products.

5 Likes

I think folks need to come to grips with the FACT that MSFS’ business plan is to appeal to the full spectrum of customers… from casual “lite” users to the more informed “enthusiast” grade sim pilots…
If you don’t like this kind of shortcut model then don’t buy it - but to go around crapping on other people’s cornflakes is no way to live.
Also - the outrage over what CS has done here is ridiculous. It’s their company to do with as they please. They were never more than a mid-level developer anyway. I bought their C130 for FSX back in the day and it was fraught with problems that they were in no hurry to talk about - let alone FIX.
And I refused to get roped into their business model of buying a ‘base’ version and then having to PAY for slightly different versions and skins…but I digress.
In the end I’ll wager that MSFS will have plenty of mid to upper echelon models for aficionados to fly - but it is also going to have plenty of mushy ‘lite’ titles for the casual ‘gamers’ to play with in their Xbox ‘flying game’ so if folks are going to lose their minds to the tune of 5-10 different bellyaching threads a day over it - well, life’s too short.

2 Likes

this plane is awesome ive flown upside down under bridges with it

3 Likes

I have to say thank you to people that review this plane, to be honest, this is not worth these 30 bucks. It’s the same for example if I do the same with my project, I have converted the 318 from fsx to msfs, merged the msfs2020 cockpit into the 318. then I start sell it at 20 or 30 bucks to scam people, Its not fair even worst when Devs do those scams.
As always, new Sims means new systems to scam people and take their money, since this market system was built to scam the buyers, without any chance of refound, it’s a good way to people make money easy. It’s a shame but unfortunately it’s reality.

2 Likes

They stated nothing will be updated only some small bugs. It will stay Frankenstein forever and they will even sell other variants… yes extra 30 bucks or so for the freighter… I am speechless.

5 Likes

You can’t really call it a scam. Their store is telling you that it’s working with the 747 system. They are showing you the upper EICAS with the 747 engine values. They don’t give you a wrong promise.

You’re not looking at the bigger picture, Whats to stop other developers from just releasing re-skinned default aircraft and ask a premium for them? I don’t believe that sort of practice should be allowed.

4 Likes

The customer segments are multiple: people who buy this kind of products, are unlikely to buy $100 full fidelity addons, and those who do, could not care less about putting their money on products like this. Let people buy what they want, its their money.

Of course, also you are free to spend your time and energy into transforming this whole gaming software industry into your liking through popular opinion.

2 Likes

All you have to know that this thing is a bomb is that it’s $30 for a 777. Any 777 worth a krap is going to be at least triple that, if not more. And I’m not even talking true study level, just a standard “sim-level” copy of a 777.

There are some absolutely amazing open source addon makers in the FS world. FBW, WT, @ScorpionFilm422’s GNS/GTN mods, and many, many more. But when a for profit operation starts selling “777s” that only cost $30, you just have to know it’s junk. I can see the dedicated shareware makers I previously mentioned coming out with fantastic products (and they have) that are nonetheless free, but at the risk of repeated repetition, you just can’t get a quality payware triple-seven for 30 bucks. Not in this reality.

Nothing. The onus is on us to remain informed consumers.

1 Like

Thanks nice video! Is a big fat joke what captain sim has done with this product… goes against the wonderful efforts from the community teams which are talking the sim experience into another level and for free!

2 Likes

Did you land in your backyard?
Look you can’t call yourself a ‘gamer’ if you didn’t do that.