We need a HOTFIX for CTDs - Sim Update 5

Well, I hate to say it, but were all probably stuck with it, as is, for another two to three months because MS/Asobo have no clue what a hotfix is, or even how to focus on a small batch of issues and release small, timely updates…

Well, is the first time that I agree with the CTD issues, I was one of the lucky ones that hardly experienced any crash but since SU5 is a CTD after a CTD.

By the way, and not disclosing anything confidential here, but in the beta test that I participated I didnt experience crashes, I just dont get it.

3 Likes

Same here! What a mess!!! Never had this much trouble with whole sim when it was told how much better it was gone to be!

I’m totally agree! I think that after 1 year, all of this it’s not more aceptable. We are customers and not tester. Every month’s update is a nightmare with a lot of problem and bug. I have 100megabyte wired connection and I spent over 12h for downloading the update and during the process the gpu temperature going crazy without any resonable think. I’m a pc expert and I reduced the risk of gpu damage with clock utility, but it’s cleary to all that all of this is no more aceptable. I hope this is all for the last time!

1 Like

I’ve paid for MSFS Premium and can’t use it once more for the next X days until a hotfix is published. I’ve paid 50 times more for Addons which I can’t use anymore once again for the next X days until the developers are publishing the necessary updates. I guess it’s time now to hire a professional lawyer to get Asobo/MS finally back on track and to see some money for the wasted time I had to spend after most of the updates for investigating and chasing for hotfixes. :angry:

3 Likes

So I wish you luck for the upcoming DX12 update, whenever it will be due. :grin:

2 Likes

I’ve never seen so many topics about one single issue, that is CTD. What most amazes me is that after 24h, the moderators haven’t merged a single one of them.

1 Like

I wouldn’t normally comment, but I feel I need to register my frustration as well. More CTDs tonight than in my entire usage since December. Yes, when I can fly FPS are well up, but it’s simply not useable when you get random crashes. No add-ons loaded. A perfectly useable system before SU5. Now it’s an unpleasant experience. Please please do work to fix this.

5800x/3070/32GB

3 Likes

It’s not “one issue” though. There’s a host of things that could cause a CTD, and many people also never get any CTD’s at all. Not a snap for developers to diagnose and fix.

Also, if the moderators did merge the thread, some people would probably complain they were trying to censor the complaints. :roll_eyes:

But there is no censoring at all in this forum, which is good.

2 Likes

Well, when all these CTDs are happening after SU5, I can confidently say they all have a single cause. But leaving the saltiness behind, I do understand what you mean, although I stand by my previous statement.

2 Likes

I had cleared my community folder and turned my OC off before the install and still haven’t been able to start a flight without a CTD incident. It ran perfectly before the update

It’s been a while since I’ve had these frequent, repeatable CTDs. I’ll set up a flight, takeoff, turn to intercept course and BAM another CTD. Happens every time. I removed everything from the Community folder and using only the default planes. I did the “Repair” in the Windows App settings but it didn’t help. I haven’t done a re-install yet since another user said it didn’t help.

Repair

I hope they fix it soon.

Here’s the Event Viewer after latest CTD

That’s exactly what I see with my CTDs.

since the moment that ‘’‘SIMUUUUULATOORR’’ arcade simulator X BOX :face_vomiting:

Trying to do a flight… Game crashed 3 times before even reach the ground for starting my flight…

It"s so frustrating… Perf are so good ! At new-york I’m now at 45fps instead of 10-15 fps before (5800x ; GTX 1070; 32GB RAM @3200MHz). And thanks Asobo for that. But CTD are just “no way”, this is not acceptable 1 year after the release.
If I’m not wrong, Flight simulator is not sold as a game in early access / Beta version…

1 Like

Literally an incoherent post.

1 Like

Since this great update I CTD every time. I have over 600 hrs and this just started today.

Add me to team CTD. It was pretty stable before this update, but now its unusable. Longest flight I could achieve was 40 minutes. Usually they only last 1-5 minutes before I get kicked back to my desktop, though.

1 Like

That did the trick. Much thanks.

1 Like