We need a HOTFIX for CTDs - Sim Update 5

Same here, impossible to finish flights that are over 30-40 minutes. Before update 5, 0 CTD… in addition to the many useless “novelties”, like the white cursor dot on the internal view, annoying menu interface with a “moving circle cursor” when I am already using a mouse, total misconfiguration of default Xbox control functions, and some functions, like more or less flaps impossible to assign. This update is a very bad joke.

Imagine if we could turn on logging (like that “other” flight sim has had for years). Eventually, by posting our log files, many users would become experts on what’s causing CTDs and could offer advice on how to resolve them.

Yeah, it’s been suggested and voted on, but MSAsobo apparently can’t do it.

We saw the bugs.
We report errors.
Trust me, it could have been worse if we didn’t complain.

Do you really think that more than 500 people did not realize how bad it was?

1 Like

I can throw my CTD in the mix, sim was absolutely flawless before this update.

3 Likes

Have you even read these posts? People are literally saying they have CLEAR community folder, that means 0 addons and are still getting CTDs. And I also hope you’re not serious with the overclocking thing. No game should cause problems to stable overclocks. If it does, then it needs a fix! I’m not gonna touch my clock settings on CPU and GPU just because some game is broken.

2 Likes

The same, a lot of CTD after update (ai traffic off, community folder is empty).

I have chance for CTD about 70% Now! Before SU5 I had it 3-4 during … last year :frowning: now, for the last 10 flights I can finish only 3 flights.

1 Like

I have CTD every time wen i start up a flight, or within 5 min. flight time. Before SU5 i had never a CTD. I did cleanup communty folder and everything else. Please fix this! Can’t fly anymore!!

Yes its very annoying, strange that beta testers didnt have this (?) Or maybe they reported but it wasnt solved due the pressure of release the patch in 27th of July.

Lets hope so

It is really frustrating since the latest update, for my the sim does not start at all, CTD right after MSF2020 startup, just see a short black startup screen and bang, CTD. And yes I did clear my Community folder. Before this troublesome update MSFS2020 was running flawlessly on my PC. Argggggggggg.

Theyve completely stuffed this up big time.

Totally disapointed with ASOBO for creating this utter ■■■■ update - makes me feel like I shouldn’t bother with it anymore.

Non-performance upgrades at all-stuttering every 5 seconds, crash to desktops, to top it off, the stuttering and performance loss isn’t even in the known issues section :joy:

There was no performance upgrade for pc it was a lod of ■■■■, it was de scaled to match xbox console specifications - the screens are now blurry and mushy, very console like.

None of my Payware things work properally at all. Asobo need to communicate with developers instead of dropping the change bomb.

Before SU5 it was a dream to fly. No problems, thought we were back on track and things were looking brilliant again. I’ve spent 3 grand on a high spec pc that struggles to run this after su5, lucky if I see 28 frames at an airport now.

In all

All they’ve done is ■■■■ Off the whole PC community to satisfy the global niche of console.

Truely disapointed asobo. Bring a hotfix to repair your shambles of a mess.

2 Likes

I am not sure that is the case. People are more likely to post on forums if they have issues. Most people won’t bother to post that the update is working.

Would be interesting to know what the percentages are.

A hotfix before the weekend for all CTD problems is the most important now, personally I have only had one myself, on my first flight out of KORS.

Please be sure to take the poll posted…

2 Likes

This is exactly my situation as well.

Before SU5, I rarely had a CTD. Rarely.

2 Likes

I am disillusion and disappointed with this 5 Sim update I did a complete fresh install (took 24 hours to download). It still crashes on saved flights and my community folder is empty. How could did Microsoft allow this release! EDIT: The fresh installation had changed the community folder location and changed the xbox controller butttons. Seems to have settled down apart from the cache froze.

Hotfix? They didn’t even acknowledge the problem officially.

Same here for me Crashes and more crashes .I also did a clean install and download the update but still
i get crashes and when i dont have craches the plane is misbehave due to weather issues or even hardware failure like the tc airbus quadrant .

I wish the anti-MS/Asobo rhetoric here would stop. They did not intentionally release an update to explicitly cause crashes. They’ll get it working.

I waited until Thursday to even try updating. Had other stuff to do anyway.

3 Likes

I get crashes after the update, challenge progress lost etc.
Apparently, this is one of those, “fix 5 things, break 20 things” :stuck_out_tongue: