We need big solutions to big problems

I don’t know, this last update really was a booster. The scenery looks better, the planes seem to be doing better, flight planning is a issue still. I pushed my graphics more because this update seems to be preforming better taking off from Burbank. Submitting tickets for issues seems to work, problems with trees around Fullerton and Santa Ana (KSNA) got fixed in this update. the crack in the taxi was fixed. Other things as well. the LOD seems better. I still use P3D (because of the planes) but this sim is getting better so for me this was a good update. I like the snow

3 Likes

I swear the “flag post” button needs to have an option for “This post is full of pointless repetitive whining by a Debbie Downer who is probably the source of whatever it is they’re complaining about” option.

Because I really am sick of repetitive whining about the same old ■■■■ that’s probably your fault, and that you likely didn’t even bother submitting a zen ticket for.

Last week I noticed the taxi lights weren’t working in KTLH after dark. Do you see a post from me whining about it? No. I submitted a ticket, and that was that. Maybe it’s even fixed, I haven’t had a chance to check yet, but even if it’s not you’re still not going to see a post from me whining and moaning about it over and over again.

It’s pointless, demoralizing, and talking just to hear yourself talk. Grow up!

5 Likes

i have the worse setup likely on this forum.

i5 760 yep it is 11 years old.
with 12gb ram
1660 nvidia
and i have a blast with this sim, but. i knew that going in. have been siming since the early 80s.

but really the planes need to be fixed!!! it is really 1big poorly attempted step forward, 30 important things that need to be fixed ignored or not really fixed. and 15 things really messed up.

even with my old setup, from the first update. i can see the loss of visuals, clouds, lod.

dont even get me started on simple stuff like input support that should have been in the sim from the beginning.

i look at it this way. so you bought a new car, (msfs2020) and drove it off the lot.

they promised what promised.

well the windows dont roll up and down, transmission will not shift into high gear. mirrors fell off.

so you wait two weeks, take it in. great news! they got the mirrors back on, they are aware about the transmission issue, but dont care about the windows.

pick the car up and the AC doesn’t work.

think about it.

:beers:

3 Likes

There are bigger problems in our world … Just think about it and enjoy what we were given …

1 Like

TBH a lot of the MSFS2020 user’s PCs are basically under-built. This is NOT FSX nor P3D. To REALLY enjoy this new sim honestly a VERY high-end rig will be mandatory regardless of what you hear. The pictures you see are only on a high-end rig with the latest graphics cards and best CPUs… so problems for the under PC’d will occur… I have a top-end, just purchased the software and absolutely no issues. My rig was custom built for simming in late 2014 by Jetline Systems… and is maybe just maybe needing a higher CPU but not necessary at all. My specs 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor, Intel® Core™ i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.00 GHz, RAM 16.0 GB / PC clock speed tweak MAX. I’m also NOT trying to run it on high anything currently. I let the sim select what it ‘saw’ in installation and it will ‘set’ parameters accordingly.

2 Likes

There is nothing on the planet that will run this without stutters. It stutters. Doesn’t matter how high-end your system is. I could point you to threads showing the vast amount of effort people have done to fix this to no avail. So I’m not buying it.

Additionally, your “top end” PC you have from 2014 is my “affordable” PC from this year.

Hang on though, because I generally agree with you. A lot of people aren’t keeping their systems up-to-date or taking care of the one they have and then complain about their issues. But you’re talking about flight-simmers here, a lot of us do, and take this hobby very seriously.

You mean what we paid our hard earned dollars for?

Please private message me. I have some “prime” real estate I’d love to sell you. Let’s see how much you stand by your “just enjoy what youre given” statement…

1 Like

For seeing distant ground objects, I think the “realism” is not quite real. On clear days, there seems to be a lot of haze, smog, or smoke hiding distant objects. Maybe the visibility jetting around the Rockies or the Alps have clear skies but for most places CAVU is unrealistic.

As for the need for full immersion, MSFS not close. What is needed is a full motion cockpit in order to experience the full G-forces, hitting my head against the headliner when I bounce my landing or while flying in turbulence, moving sideways in my seat whenever I slip or slide during a turn, having the engine noise in GA aircraft so loud that earplugs or noise canceling headphones are needed.

ok… I thought about it. except that for ~ $100 you are getting something widely acknowledged to be a order of magnitude leap forwards in technology, is giving you the vast resources of Microsoft Bing and Azure for no ongoing fee and continues to develop. And you are saying lets compare that to a $20000 car which will NEVER develop further and keeps costing you forever. Yea , that’s right …think about it.

2 Likes

Only reason it’s “order of magnitude leap forwards in technology” is because Flight sim has been in the bargain bin since 2006. And the cloud tech. Thats. about. it.

1 Like

Great post! I agree with everything you said. I have put this game on the shelf for now until Asobo gets serious and fixes the huge bugs.

1 Like

Then don’t read them. Actually the OP is spot on with his assessment. You fan boys are getting on my nerves.

3 Likes

What big bugs? I think they fixed all of the ‘big bugs’ by now?
Can you give me an example?
Sure there are bugs left, but I’m currently oblivious to ‘big bugs’.

I mean they fixed a lot of crashes, AP issues, aircraft dynamics, incorrect fuel consumptions, …

1 Like

Fan boy…
Never understand the use of this term.
If you click the FS icon and load up a flight, and go flying then you ARE a fan. If you AREN’T a fan then you must be clicking on a different icon. Which then begs the question, if you don’t like the sim and feel the need to refer to those that do, in a derogatory manner,why are you here?

All of us here are fans of this program or we would not continue to use it and work toward solving the problems that WE CAN solve, weeding out the system problems so that the real bugs rise to the surface where they are exposed and hopefully killed off.

I will not engage in the “expectations” discussion as everyone’s are different. I will point out that NONE of the issues OP brought up are bugs. They are all functioning parts of the sim. Some function better than others but we were all told before we laid our cash on the counter that this will be a 10 year project, with continuous additional features and improvements to existing ones. Now you want the term of your agreement cut to 5 months. NOT going to happen.

1 Like

Stop your wining and enjoy christmas.

1 Like

Especially, someone who tries to defend the sim by attacking the person criticizing it.

“I am having this issue” - “It’s your own fault!”
“I think it should be fixed” - “You are completely unreasonable!”
“Right now this sucks!” - “Then go away!”
“The game should have had this feature by now” - “Quit whining”
“Here is what should be done” - “You self-indulgent idiot”

See the pattern?

Works both ways:
“This sim is great!” - “Shut up fan boy”
“I am so excited about this new feature!” - “You’re not a real simmer if you care about that”
“Here is something cool I saw today!” - “You idiot, can’t you see that is all wrong?!”

I totally get why people criticize the sim - sometimes I agree, sometimes I don’t. Who cares. And I totally get why some love it.

How to fix it? I think it is by embracing this mantra: “I don’t give a ■■■■ what you think”. You can agree with me, disagree with me, think I am smart or stupid or helpful or ignorant, say that my favorite thing is stupid or my biggest gripe is great - I don’t care. Because I don’t care, I don’t get emotionally attached to it or offended by it. And we can stick to discussing the issues rather than each other.

“I don’t give a ■■■■ what you think”, as a form of courtesy and mutual respect, would make this forum a much better and friendlier place.

8 Likes

I totally disagree.

To say there has been very little progress is absolutely ridiculous. the rate of development/fixes, new features and content far exceeds any other sim of this magnitude.

I’m having a ton of fun with MSFS, sure there’s minor hiccups here and there but nothing game breaking. Most of the issues you are having are not universal by any stretch.

I think you are just impatient and looking for an outlet. with more updates and quality 3rd party content It will just keep getting better. This is the best thing to happen to flight sim in over a decade.

1 Like

A reminder about the Code of Conduct

Let’s keep the name calling and attacking others off the forum. You can have a healthy discussion here as long as everyone stays within the Code of Conduct or this topic will be closed.

1 Like

Oh well, I couldn’t agree more.

As with every patch, I went back to MSFS2020 and did, what I consider a very basic, test flight: IFR from one airport to another, all planed with MSFS2020 in the A32N (no add-ons, all vanilla). I take-off, climb, activate AP and I expect the AP to follow the course already entered automatically by MSFS2020’s flight planner. Well, in the middle of the flight, when a turn is coming up, the AP starts to make 360ies. I disable the AP, bring the aircraft on course again, re-enable AP. At the next waypoint, same thing again. For the fun of it, I watch for 10 minutes before I end the sim.

Under less than 60 minutes I encountered yet another basic glitch, bug or blunder, whatever you want to call it. The question is, why didn’t QA catch this?

I’m well aware that this might be the most complex flight simulator ever (I’m onboard as of Flight Simulator 4.0), but it is as well the most buggy one in basic functionality. I could totally understand if special use-cases are bugged, or things that rely on 3rd party (weather etc.), or graphics fail in certain areas of the world. But please, not such basic things, not four months after the release and many patches provided.

Until the next patch, so long and off I am…merry christmas!

4 Likes

Of course, there is a lot of progress in MSFS Development. May be to much in short time…
But: the quality is a problem. I think this is the reason for this topic.

For Example see here: Spikes on Terrain and and Mesh Problems - Global

It was not a good Idea to bring an update 1 day before Christmas holiday, and there are to much update cycles and too less test quality.

Better you bring only all 2 month an update, but this is good tested.

And the user should have the possibility to delay the update, for different reasons.
See here:

Please think over this. Thanks very much.

1 Like