Weather - Clouds, Rain, Snow Inside Cockpit

I set up a flight with player defined weather for snow, since MSFS cant appear to figure out how to replicate real-world snow conditions. I set up the flight from KMAN - Nampa, ID at 11:00 local time. Real weather activated had light overcast skies with green grass textures. When in fact, it is 33 degrees F, cloudy and have had some light snow overnight.
Setup the flight for snow in the Beechcraft Baron, temp setting was -20 C, snow depth 6.8 cm. All looked fine until I started to taxi. I had snowflakes inside the cabin.

Yes, in heavy rain conditions I had rain in the cockpit in the Beechcraft Baron also. I reported it as bug.

2 Likes

I also submitted a big report for this.

2 Likes

I have submitted this error to Zendesk already longtime ago.

when flying though clouds or under and its raining , the rain drops pass through cockpit like there is no windshield , also occasionally some parts of clouds pass through as well.

Not sure which section this lives under - but I couldn’t see already flagged. It’s been irking me for a while that any windshield effects seem to render underneath an aircraft’s sun shades/visors. You’re given the impression they are actually outside of the cockpit! Hopefully my image illustrates what I mean. It’s as though the tanslucent shades have no effect on the water droplets at all. They dim the sun, so they should really dim the rain as well.

You should really talk to your mechanic and have your sunshades mounted inside the cockpit

1 Like

I may as well have them removed altogether. I’ve been sitting across the water from Oban for four hours waiting for the rain to let up for a flight to Inverness. Doesn’t look like I’ll get much flying in today!

But it has given me plenty of time to contemplate the posititioning of the droplets.

KEWR Baron ready for departure raining inside the cockpit.
Edit: Custom weather selected as far as I can recall.
MSFS 1.14.60 (4-11-21).

I had a car that would do. It was fine after the dealer told me to put the convertible top up when it was raining. :laughing:

I have recently upgraded MSFS and have started to fly the Beech Baron. Every time I fly through clouds they appear briefly in the cockpit causing a hazy view. Does this happen for other users ?

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?

• Microsoft

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

• No

Brief description of the issue:

• Rain/snow in my cockpit

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

• Video added

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

• Fly in bad weather!

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:

• ()

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

• 1.20.6.0 # 2021.10.22

I am sure this problem exists way before SU12 but I seem to notice it much more recently.

The rain is clearly visible from inside the aircraft but when you use the outside view there is no rain (sometimes droplets visible on the ground when you pan the camera very close to the ground).

Also the rain droplets on the windscreen tend to move up instead of roll down at standstill (which should be the case when the aircraft is moving forward).

Apologies if this has been discussed before.

Cheers,
Nish