Weather presets not working - Clear skies only

I’ve had this on one computer for about 2 or more weeks now so it’s not related to the present update.

It doesn’t matter what setting I hit, I’m not getting any clouds, or any visible rain or snow. It’s clear skies and nothing but.

This is the same if the weather is live or not live. All of this stuff is gone. At no point have I fiddled with the settings, it all simply vanished one day and hasn’t come back for a moment.

The presets do nothing. Changing the weather manually does nothing other than adjust light levels. Wind and water is fine.

Can anyone think of an obvious cause and solution? Like I said I changed nothing. It disappeared.

1 Like

If you have the Microsoft store version of Flight Simulator you could try ‘repair app’ from the advanced app settings and see if that fixes anything. (Don’t use the ‘reset’ option as it will delete all downloaded content that is stored in the default location and could delete your 100gb or so of downloaded content)

To access the app settings find “Microsoft Flight Simulator” in the start menu, right click, select more>app settings. Alternatively go to Start>settings>apps and scroll down to Microsoft Flight Simulator, left click once and select ‘advanced options’

Hello
I have the same problem as PinkPanteees(https://forums.flightsimulator.com/u/PinkPanteees). No actual weather since the last update. I will try the method described by Tamalien and get back to you…

Well, no, the method doesn’t work.
I feel like I can’t connect to the server.
Below, screenshot.
I only have the “automatic” option which searches continuously, without results.

Try opening the xbox app (or xbox console companion app) on your PC and logging out of it and then back in.

Rerun the flight sim and see if that fixes it. If not log out in the sim and back in and then see if that fixes it.

This started for me before any update so it’s not related to that.

I’ll try the logging out first.

Yup. That worked for me.

Edit. No it didn’t. It’s back to being the same again.

It looks like turning on developer mode now turns off weather and I certainly don’t remember it doing that before. Again this started happening without any updates that I can recall.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.