Weather pro-

https://sofly.io/product/weather-preset-pro/ is this thing any good?

1 Like

For the price I think itā€™s great! Yes you could create 40 unique weather presets by yourself but this would take a lot of time and patience. Personally I donā€™t mind spending just a couple of quid for the privilege.

2 Likes

thanks for your help

1 Like

Yes, itā€™s great. Only costs 1.5 coffees! :grinning:

Very useful and I believe there are more pre-sets to come?

Charles

1 Like

For the price, i think its brilliant.

I did a flight last night and the weather was unbelievable, very nice.

For the convenience of not tinkering for hours and the small fee im very happy.

2 Likes

I imagine what a stir there would have been if a developer had produced clouds and a weather engine add-on like the one we have as default in MSFS 2020 for FSX or X-Plane! :smiley: Charles

Here is a free METAR based weather program ā€¦

1 Like

Weather pro is worth it ā€¦ nice to see rain fronts in WP actually reflect in FS2020 !!!

1 Like

this is worth? i have the live weather default by asobo. should i install this one?

1 Like

Joao, yes go for it! It really expands on what you can achieve in MSFS with the weather. There is a roll-over button that you can keep pressing to give you a variation on the current METAR. Be careful how you paste your token into the .js file. If it does not like it, all the weather options disappear from the simulator. This happened to me and I just removed the application from the community folder, reinserted the token and pasted it back into the community folder and all was OK. As far as I can see, this app works the same way as the REX program however, this free version has allegedly smoother weather changes? Make sure you select the correct version folder for your flight sim. Charles

Took me three days and a lot of coffee just to make four custom presets work well so this has to be great value :grin:

3 Likes

I bought the product yesterday just for the curiosity because of a very low price, I only fly in live-weather but I was very surprised that Weather Pro provides coherent turbulence that Iā€™ve never seen in the engine-live weather for the same weather conditions. The native MFS2020 engine weather is totally unrealistic about turbulence in severe weather conditions!

Yesterday at PABR, it was very bad in the sky around as:
PABR 100154Z 08028G33KT 4SM -SN OVC015 M01/M04 A2974 RMK AO2 PK WND 08033/0154 P0000 T10111039
with Xplane/active sky it was impossible to take off a b737(which makes sense about realism) but with the C172 MFS2020 it was like flying on the rails, CB and gusty wind at 34kt didnā€™t affect the envelope of the bird (that is a disaster in terms of realim!), it was like flying in CAVOK, a few turb (barely) and this it it, be happy with that! Which kills the immersion.

Weather Pro prooves that itā€™s technically possible to make turbulence more realistic in MFS2020 based on weather conditions, a preset that could represent this kind of weather provides severe turbulence but unfortunatelly itā€™s not compatible with the Live-weather to make the turb according to the weather just because itā€™s presetsā€¦
Hopefully it will be a future feature or hopefully Asobo will make the native engine weather more realisticā€¦ I doubt it will happen soon because there are so many gamers who doesnā€™t really care about realism/weather (which I accept and understand) if we take a look at the ā€œwish listā€, so it doesnā€™t pay the attention of Asobo to fix this up quickly but Iā€™m positive because they will give some improvements in aerodynamism and the engine-weather based on their roadmapā€¦ Flying a Cub in TS or C172 in the middle of a thunderstorm is totally unrealisitc but it doesnā€™t seem to disturb many users which makes me depressed (kidding) :wink:
Happy Flyings!

2 Likes

I donā€™t think Weather Pro makes any changes to the default weather engine within the simulator. It creates a set of pre-sets using the default weather engine by creating a custom model of a weather scenario. At least thatā€™s my understanding of how it works. BRGDS. Charles

1 Like

but this program the weather is really in Live weather or?

1 Like

Excactly. Five presets for free. Use them as a template to adapt to personal needs.

https://www.allflightmods.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-2020/more-interesting-weather-presets/

No it doesnā€™t work in Live weather

Yes, itā€™s as live as it gets within the limitations of the current METAR report which is around 60 mins. REX, I am sure would also be subject to this limitation as it too uses METAR reports. VOLMET gives more recent WX forecasts for an airport. Charles

Exactly! I wish it could match with the engine-weather Captain! :wink:

1 Like

MeteoBlue, isnā€™t that just another source of METAR data which is just as current as any other source of METAR? I did not interpret the MSFS WX engine to be really ā€˜liveā€™, (as-it-happens type of WX). Charles