Weather Radar Returns

Weather radar returns in MSFS are totally unrealistic, if there are some clouds here and there the whole weather radar display immediately turns completely orange, red and magenta.

A weather radar is NOT able to detect clouds, snow and ice / hail as those are poor radar reflectors, or at least these will not produce any strong radar returns. Only precipitation in liquid form is able to produce those strong returns. Often the radar is showing returns without any precipitation present.

Also it is impossible to properly operate a weather radar without tilt control, so what tilt is the MSFS weather radar using? With a normal weather radar beam width with a tilt set on the horizon the radar will be showing ground returns until high altitude, depending on disc size and EFIS range used.

I know neither got any substantial votes unfortunately…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Weather radar should only show precipitation, not clouds

Hi there,
I’m sorry that this bug report auto-closed. That is no longer happening anymore. I have moved your post into a thread with all of the other archived bug reports on this that I hope will be the last topic on weather radar. I know you’re not as active, anymore, but if you see this, you may want to give the combined topic an upvote. Your post is here: