Weather system finally working as intended

Since launch I had never seen the snow system work as intended, either everything was covered in snow or no snow at all.
Today I flew over LEMD (as I usually do every day) and I was surprised to see the area of La Sierra, the mountains behind, were covered in snow, as they are in real life, because it snowed yesterday over there!

There is however a minor issue with clouds being too low around Madrid, which seems like a sort of fog that is not there in real life, I have experienced this during my last 3 flights.

And two beautiful pictures I took later:

6 Likes

Looks good. I did a flight into LOWI and the snow was amazing, until I realised it was also entirely covering the runway and lights. Not sure if that is intended at times or not, but didn’t help the landing.

1 Like

Yes I did see that at LOWI too, however, since I use the payware airport I can see it just fine even under snow now!

Yeah well, apparently not everyone agrees: Ask Asobo to go back to previous weather system - #14 by Wayzegoose

Might be related to this bug here:

As for me I took off somewhere in Morocco a few days ago (post SU7), the weather was clear and lovely without a single cloud in sight (too bad local real-life METARs said otherwise but nevermind that) and 10 minutes into the air a huge gust shook the aircraft and suddenly everything around became overcast.

The new weather is nice WHEN it works.

ps: no weather system will ever be complete until it has some actual impact on the aircraft we’re flying. If I’m able to fly my C152 in the middle of a hurricane or if humidiity/icing don’t cause significant engine performance issues, then the weather is just eye candy and fluffy clouds.

6 Likes

Your are lucky. im flying exactly now over madrid and clear sky, no clouds and no snow.
I im making GCTS -LEMD. no clouds in any point of the route.
So…

1 Like

Live weather is currently completely down

I just did the same route but on the opposite direction! LEMD-GCTS, have you checked you have online data turned on?

Nevermind, I just checked, weather system is down at the moment hahaha

1 Like

wow lemd-gcts…we should have said hello on air!
:slight_smile:

yes! weather system is downs now!

1 Like

This thread irritates me.
Because for me the weather system clearly does not work as intended. The wind in Live weather is static as reported in the METAR, without any gusts or slight variations, like in: robotic. And it is simulated without taking magnetic variation into account. But that would be a minor problem, as there are other issues, and that’s probably why these threads exist with a fairly high vote count already:

5 Likes

Live weather is down now.

I hope they are doing something on the server side to fix the weather issues.

5 Likes

Don’t be, obviously some of us experience different issues, some have issues with the weather, others with NAV, others with their hardware etc…
Such is the nature of a new sim.

Since my weather system, and that of many users, does work (when it is not offline, obviously), it means those who experience issues are affected by a bug, and thus it is solvable.

1 Like

I should point out that this basically destroys the ability to do VFR flights, by placing low clouds and fog around airports that are reporting ceilings of 3000 feet AGL or above.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, I’m sure the FSAA will look the other way as long as that lasts. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.