Website Login Issues

Trying to log into this website on Chrome…

ALWAYS get this error

Oops

The software powering this discussion forum encountered an unexpected problem. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Detailed information about the error was logged, and an automatic notification generated. We’ll take a look at it.

No further action is necessary. However, if the error condition persists, you can provide additional detail, including steps to reproduce the error, by posting a discussion topic in the site’s feedback category.

Log on to msfs is for admin, testers, 3rd party dev etc. You can only use your ms account, xbox acc. To use the forums and as your able to post, you’re already set up and good to go.

No I can login on Edge but on Chrome. So not good to go. Wrong assumption.

Hello, I’ve moved your topic into #community:general-discussion-feedback as the bugs & issues category is more dedicated to bugs & issues within the simulator.

I’ve also been experiencing this “The software powering this discussion forum encountered an unexpected problem.” error on occasion when trying to access the forums. I’m able to finally access the forum after refreshing/closing the tab though. I’ll send this over and see if this can be investigated further.

Are you still experiencing this every time when loading on Chrome?

Make sure you are using a browser with the latest updates installed. Microsoft Edge is the preferred browser for use.

Flight Simulator Forum Access - Microsoft Community

Chrome up to date.

OMG You can’t be suggesting I just use Edge, very few people actually use it. If there’s an issue it should be solved as the majority of people use Chrome on a desktop

1 Like

Try deleting your cookies in Chrome. You can delete just the MSFS Forum cookies

You may also want to clear your cache, however doing so will log you out of any websites you are currently logged into.

Microsoft Edge is built on top of Chromium, the same WebKit that is used to build Google Chrome.

The more likely issue that others have hinted towards is that something within your Chrome instance is causing the issue. I would try the following:

• Clear your cookies, and cache for the domain(s) *.flightisimulator.com (note this will log you out of those websites)

• If you still can’t log in, open up a new Incognito or Guest window, this window should have zero custom settings, or plugins, and try again. If that works, then there is a chance you have a plugin that is causing issues, try disabling your plugins, and then logging in one at a time

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.