Weight and Balance window error

The weight popup window needs fixing …
If you have passengers loaded at a normal weight and Baggage or cargo also loaded
using the WEIGHT SLIDER adjusts the weight of everything , this means you can end up with
3 Pax and some cargo ALL with the same weight of maybe 300 KG or 30 KG as everything adjusts together … VERY Unrealistic

SU8 The problem still exists

Although it is a pain to do, you can type in the weights you want in the individual lines.

1 Like

of course … But this is not the problem …
The issue that needs fixing is that the slider should NOT reset all weights … its not a difficult coding exercise to increase / decrease existing settings by a percentage of the Max allowed for that load-station

3 Likes

Maybe individual sliders for each weight type would be good too. And I definitely need a way to set the default payload distribution instead of having to come back and readjust it for every flight.

2 Likes

I have the same issue
Weight bar is bugged you cant choose your own setting

1 Like

Please only post bugs that are new in this build, and tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.

Are you on Xbox, Steam or Microsoft Store version?
XBox

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
Yes, it’s open to allow me to move the icing slider to zero as needed.

Brief description of the issue:
The Weight and Balance interface on the default C208 is unreliable and buggy. If you backspace a weight away, it turns into “NaN”. In flight after loading, as shown here, the allowable weight became -120,380lbs, and I have no idea why that number is there because I didn’t load anything else prior to this aircraft.

I think part of the issue stems from the fact that the sim keeps trying to validate my input as I am inputting it, rather than WAITING UNTIL I’M DONE!

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
See above

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

1. Start sim
  2. Select C208
  3. Go to Weight and Balance
  4. Try manipulating the individual stations by typing the numbers in
  5. Don’t pull your hair out.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:
RTX 2070 Super
Ryzen 7 3700X
64GB RAM
Settings on max of max
Realism settings set to true-to-life
No assistances

2 Likes

same here on PC, you can push it to display negative/weird values easily… voting

I have the same issue but with every plane
Weight bar is bugged you cant choose your own setting. You must fill in the weights

The negative value is because 4000 lbs more fuel in the plane than it can take

You have put in 1000 Gallons of jet a1
6700 lbs
The plane can only carry 2211 lbs
Therefore the negative values in payload.

Can’t see a mistake there

You have loaded x times 170 lbs, in total 1500 lbs
Which is 120 lbs more then the plane can take with the current fuell load.
Either you reduce payload or fuel by 120lbs

Are you on Xbox, Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Xbox

Since the last update it is no longer possible to regulate the weight of any aircraft. The slider for passengers and baggage is reset again and again. The fuel regulator works perfectly.
The only way to determine the weight of the passengers and the luggage is to enter the individual weights yourself.
Do others have the same problem?

xbox

Maybe (I’m also on XBox). If I go into the Weights and Balances control panel I can set the categories with the sliders. The settings stay put if I wait a while before closing the control panel.

If I go back into the control panel to check if the settings are still there, they are for a few moments and then they reset to the default values. You can actually see them pop back to default.

I don’t know how to check if the values stayed as desired when I go to fly (i.e. if I didn’t go back into the control panel the second time causing them to reset).

For me I’m setting up fuel and Payload in flight plan then in game it changes to have negative values.

Top is third party Islander, bottom is stock TBM

I have had negative values on the weight screen in game after setting weights carefully in flight planning. This happens on all planes I’m assuming.

That’s stock tbm bottom and third party bn2 islander top

Edit. Apologies for two posts together. I think two different threads I had posted on got merged.

2 Likes

I believe there was a report on this already?

Also try moving fuel or payload sliders when using KG as units.

1 Like

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/in-flight-w-b-dialog-bug/497648?u=nijntje91

That report is on the same subject as well; I voted there too.

Same issue here…

Happens in all planes, stock and third party. What a complete mess…

I could still enter individual weights before SU8. Since SU 8, I can no longer do that (CJ4) and have to do it with the slider. Result = All weights are distributed equally.

It is incredibly annoying when something that worked before no longer works after an update.

3 Likes

When I load a plane the payload line in the W&B window is always red and max payload is negative. I have to hit reset to correct. I think it also affects flight characteristics if not reset.

2 Likes