Well I think its GREAT

I agree with the OP.
I’d love to know how many rants come after post in the bugs forum.

If the cat’s on fire, don’t assume it’s a known bug.

1 Like

I’m with the OP as well. As far as forum activity is concerned, I’d be really interested in seeing some comparisons between numbers of users/purchasers and numbers involved in forum participation here. A survey wouldn’t capture it, only the data MS posseses. I think these forums are fundamentally a marketing tool that MS uses to take the temperature of a particular segment of the community and make it feel valued. My goto on-ramps to the MSFS 2020 experience are developers’ websites, youtube reviews, and flightsim.to (though avsim’s forums still have a generally refreshing level of maturity). This MSFS forum has become mostly an object of dazed fascination.

1 Like

I think it’s a pretty amazing thing… MS2020. Just wish I had more time in life to fly in it.

4 Likes

Yes, it’s great. But bugs happen, and not everyone has them. Serious, game-breaking bugs. Because not everybody has the same system, with the same drivers, with the same mods. It’s very complicated. For now, I can’t play because several of those bugs. It’s very frustrating and disheartening.

1 Like

Yep update is great Paris is beautiful. Thanks Asobo!

1 Like

Agreed. ASOBO have got a few things wrong, but this update is really good and the sim is running a lot smoother and faster for me as well.

I’ve flown around southern France and a short flights from Rotterdam to Amsterdam last night. All looks very nice. I just need to have a look at Belgium and Luxembourg now.

2 Likes

Just glad I can play again (needed to re-install). Don’t really care about any updates, the game was fine months ago already :slight_smile:

This game is my Animal Crossing, so to speak. I need it.

So, now I’ll be working and after that, do some flying…see you in the virtual air !

I have to chime-in and say my display is actually sharper, runs fine, looks great! I haven’t experienced any CTD, blank/black displays (and I haven’t yet updated WT G1000), and I’ve test-flown both day and night flights in London City, Paris, Palm Beach Florida, and Sydney AU. Aside from some a-typical blocky trees and submerged bridges, everything looks and runs great.

I’ve experienced some hellacious updates in the past where my Community folder was instantly deleted without warning. And once I decided to perform a full clean install when an update caused a lot of wonkiness. And it fixed the problems. Not sure how, but a clean install did once fix my issues.

I also previously read several updates ago that some issues were isolated to geographical servers. I’m based in central east coast US and things are looking great this time around.

Knock wood!

:joy: because it’s true.

Hi all,

There is no doubt that MSFS 2020 has its issues. I left this sim for a week or so until I had more time to figure out why I was having issues like ctd with no error messages.
I was able to solve these issues by researching posts by those who had similar issues.
I dont have a state of the art pc, in fact its an 8 year old Dell XPS that is solely dedicated to this sim. I’m currently getting between 20-30 fps flying over NYC above 1000 feet and 15-20 fps flying in between those NYC buildings.
I’ve adjusted the settings appropriately for my pc’s age and I’m pleased with the results.
IMHO…most of those complaining the loudest about this sim are those who spent thousands buying a new pc solely for this sim and aren’t getting 60 fps.

John

This is irrelevant to the update but the reason why people are saying this is because Asobo have just completely ignored them for ages. But for the update, it’s great but a few stutters and performance downgrades for me but Asobo are doing a great Job and hopefully further updates will improve performance :slight_smile:

1 Like

We’ll have a laugh when you find yourself on the other side,the one with the problems :joy:

3 Likes

its not the issues posts that bug me , its all the entitlement posts and, the threats of ridiculous class action lawsuits. and screaming and tantrums. I have a modest msi gaming laptop gtx 2060 and 16gb ram, have amazing performance.

2 Likes

Oddly my experience is the exact reverse, these names change, those cheerleading and making excuses do not.

Apart from the USB profiles update bug, I’ve had no CTD and it works fine. It just looks to me like Asobo aren’t tackling some things not on a priority basis, but because they don’t really understand them.

All the negative ■■■■ is the same ■■■■ you see in forums for P3D,Xplane and every other game site on release and update. I’m sure many are having problems. However I am also convinced that a lot of stuff is self induced even mass induced in the constant chase of magical numbers.

4 Likes

well if I have any problems I will do my research first and see if it isn’t on my end. Only problem I had was with the flybywire development which needed to be uninstalled and reinstalled. I keep my machine lean and clean, latest Nvidia drivers. I run skyelite on a second computer and just use my main machine for the close up windshield view. Addons I keep on a separate drive and just bring them over to community folder on a as needed basis. run at 2560 1440 because I don’t see much difference.

I agree I have a low end PC and have very little problems, and some spend so much money and must have the latest and fastest GPU/CPU and seem to have problems is it drivers I dont Know.

It’s all well and good to praise, likewise it’s all well and good to point out the flaws.

I look at Asobo like a football team, newly promoted to the Premier League, will they stay up and improve over time and become legends like Man City? Will they become mid table mediocrity like Everton? Or will they be one season wonders and plummet like a stone as Sheff Utd have done.
Time will tell, we’re only a few games into the season and there’s much work to do.

Yet you are concerned or feel you need to “moan” about your available space based on the size of updates? Lol!
The whole idea of this forum is to share and exchange ideas, thoughts and technical fixes so everyone can benefit. Good and bad!
If new bugs and issues are only silly “complaints”, then this forum would be useless. :+1::blush:

1 Like

I don’t care if they don’t develop it further it is much better than fsx. I haven’t touched my computers settings like I was constantly doing with fsx and it is working great. The same computer by the way apart from an ssd added. One thing I have noticed is that the complainers are the ones with the most expensive systems.

2 Likes