West Coast Gold Rush | TBM 930

Come join us for a flight in the southern Alaskan panhandle and beautiful British Columbia, Canada. @TOLstoy787 will guide us on this flight. We will see evidence of the early Russian influence, Norwegian settlers, American explorers, and even the Gold Rush which extended across the border into B.C. The last leg of the flight plan will be a ‘working flight’, hauling cargo from an isolated gold mine back to Wrangell, and the weather (if you choose to accept the mission) isn’t going to be good!!!

When: Wed, Nov 11th @ 7PM ET/midnight Zulu
Where:
:point_right: Voice Channel on Discord → Discord
:point_right: Stream link to follow alongTwitch

Plane: TBM 930
Duration: About 1.5-2 hours

Start: Kake, Alaska (PAFE)
Destination: Wrangell, Alaska (PAWG)

We will be landing at each runway on the flight plan.

TUTORIAL: How To Join A Community Event

FLIGHT PLAN

West Coast Gold Rush.pln.pln (3.4 KB)

To use the flight plan, follow these steps:

-Download the flight plan to an easy-to-remember location
-Open MSFS
-Go to the globe
-Click “Load/Save” on the bottom of your screen
-Click “Load”
-Navigate to the downloaded flight plan
-Click load.

WEATHER
We will use custom weather.

MULTIPLAYER SETTINGS
Please adhere to the following settings so you can see everyone / be seen by everyone.

Variable - Setting
Server SOUTH-EAST ASIA
Multiplayer All
Live traffic As desired
Weather Few Clouds or Clear Skies

COMMUNICATION
To communicate with others, a voice channel on the "Sizzling Nation Discord” at https://discord.gg/r5tmFRs will be available to join. You can also follow along through the Twitch stream: Twitch.

It is advised in this flight to turn off both aircraft collisions and terrain collisions. If you do crash, you can use the “slew” mode to join the pack.

This is event is open to everyone of all skill levels and is meant to be a fun event to meet other sim pilots.

2 Likes

“Friend” not clear to the OldenSloe. Do you mean via Steam, Microsoft, or some other way [discord etc.?]. Would love to join…

Did you watch the tutorial?

Is that a typo in the .pln file name?

1 Like

That’s how the file was uploaded. It should work fine as is. You can rename it after downloading if you want. I’m not by my PC to re-upload, but again it should work fine as is.

Yes, I watched the video and it says to “send [me] SizzlingP6672” a friend invite. Ok that I did on Steam and it does not find you. Did not note any specific reference where to send the request in your video. Could you please be more specific? I watched the video and walked through the setup just fine. All that is missing is the ability to spawn in on you?

just delete the extra pln

In MSFS. There’s no need to spawn in on me unless you’re late and the group has taken off.

As stated in the original post, you can join the voice chat in the Discord channel and/or follow along with stream on Twitch, where you can use the text chat.

You can’t access Steam or Discord friends in MSFS.

What was the name of this glacier again?

This is the Great Glacier, in British Columbia.
Just beyond the ridge line is the LeConte Glacier, in Alaska.
:small_airplane:

1 Like