What aircraft are you excited for in the 40th Anniversary Edition?

Helicopterrrrrssss!!! :helicopter::helicopter::helicopter:

2 Likes

The Beaver, the DC3, and the A310…. Shut up and take my money…. Oh wait, they’re free…. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Water physics is in a terrible state last I tried :frowning:

2 Likes

Hope someone can produce a Rusts livery for the Beaver. I want to fly in and out of Lake Hood in Alaska.

Yeah, I’ve avoided all the current floatplanes because of that. I do fly the Icon A5 but haven’t landed or taken off from water with it since I first bought MSFS. I just don’t like the water physics or wake effects.

I’m very happy with the deHavilland Canada DHC-2-Beaver :sunglasses:

1 Like

Top five flight experience for me, and would love to do it in the sim. Alaska could use its own World Update and the Floatplanes a dedicated Sim Updated, so I might wait for that.

For 40th anniversary I’m most geeked about native glider support. There’s a 500 km stretch of steep sea cliffs on the coast of Chile. The default scenery there is gorgeous. Some of the most fun I had in the alpha build of the sim was setting a west wind there, turning the motor off in the Da40, and ridge soaring the entire stretch. It’s not the best in an airplane with a windmilling prop you can’t stop though, and I can’t wait to do it in a sim native glider.

3 Likes

DC3, hands down, and anything that features DHC’s line of aircraft.

I’m all about that old-school life.

2 Likes

Great memories. I’ve posted a photo of myself and my wife in front of the Rust’s DHC3 that took us over the Chugach Mountains in 2005.

6 Likes

DC3

The Hughes H-4 Hercules looks interesting to try out but something I doubt I would fly often.

3 Likes

What do you mean proper collective? I don’t know what HOTAS you use, but I just use an old Saitek X52. Simply map an Axis for throttle and use the actual throttle control for your collective.
Easy peasy.

A310 of course but I would have loved to see the A300 instead but maybe this will follow :hugs:

2 Likes

I guess the Beaver is my #1 interest since I’ve flown in one a few times and they’re incredibly common where I live for flight seeing and air taxi/cargo use. After that, a combo of the Spruce Goose, seeing how the iniBuilds Goose compares to the Big Radials Goose, and trying out the helicopters and sailplanes.

Official support for gliders

1 Like

water physics definitely need a lot of love… but a long list has been raised and the devs have it

was testing the default C172 this afternoon to compare to a plane in testing, and the C172 floats is actually uncontrollable on the water with any kind of wind. had 8kts today and you could not turn with water rudders down, and it weather vanes like crazy…

but to stay on topic :wink:

100% sure I’ll never fly the Spirit of St Louis or the Wright Flyer ( maybe once as a novetly )
Spruce Goose - probably 1 flight just to see what it’s like - but you’d need 2 throttle quads to support it
I’m super glad the DC-3 and A310 are there - crowd pleasers for sure, but probably won’t fly them much myself…
Very curious about the Jenny - that could be fun for VR barnstorming
Grumman Goose will hopefully be fun - but ^^ water physics.
Looking forward to gliders - hope the feature set is good, and eventually you can tow in MP
I love helicopters and am cautiously optimistic - but I think it will take a few updates to nail it.
Beaver will be good fun for sure :wink:

3 Likes

The 40th Anniversary Edition is released! Click here for the Official Discussions: 40th Anniversary Edition Feedback - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums