What are some good bush airpstrips? And are they worth the cost?

I love flying bush. Mainly in mountainous areas. Southern New Zealand. The European Alps. Rockies. Etc…

I recently got NZA Simulations Milford Sound expansion which is really cool. Adds waterfalls, bush huts, helicopter pads, water masking, rocks, cliff faces, bridges, a bunch of little airstrips, all over a fairly decent area.

But it seems quite uncommon to find scenery that fleshes out a whole area like that. I see a lot of bush strips on the marketplace that look great, but I can’t help but wonder if it’s really worth spending $10 or what have you on just a single bush strip.

I did find some great freeware for parts of Canada & Alaska (like RTMM), but these were water runway based which isn’t really my thing. I prefer ground to land on :slight_smile:

Have you purchased any bush strips (or other bush scenery) that you felt was really worth the money and helped enhance the area as a whole?

That type of flying screams Indonesia and PNG to me. There are some nice freeware strips in packs on .to for PNG. Not sure a single small bush strip with little to no buildings, markings etc warrants a $10 cost but perhaps a few bundled together might be desirable.

Actually now you mention it I already have some freeware strip packs for PNG. Honestly though I’m not a huge fan of flying in PNG within the sim. The terrain is just mostly covered in trees which I think makes it all look too similar (I love trees IRL, but the copy paste of a few generic tree models in MSFS doesn’t do nature justice).

Parallel42 has a great selection of bush strips, and they are all very well done. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was going to post the exact same thing Zeanuck! Nice Airdale patch BTW. Never had the pleasure of being a WESTPAC Sailor but did my time on numerous carriers and two Squadrons - VA-35 and VS-24.

Nothing like flying the Kitfox (I owned N955KB for a few years and loved it but couldn’t stay proficient in a tailwheel bc of work). I own just about everything //42 puts out and they do not disappoint and have excellent tech support-just make sure you keep your receipts bc you will need that for tech support tickets - check them out for sure! //42

1 Like

@s0cks182
Are you on PC or Xbox ?

I’m flying on the PC.

Have you tried Idaho area? There are plenty of free nice bush strips on a fs.to.

Ok, with a PC you can find a lot of bush strips for free on FS.to :

You will also find lot of infos and ideas in this topic :

Hours of fun flights in various environments.