What are your top/first ATR/propliner routes?

28 days (gosh that was one freaky movie…) to go before the long awaited and mouth watering ATR and more specifically… MSFS first and longly awaited “proper” turbotube/propliner comes off the production line at Toulouse…

What are your guys top destinations, routes, airlines are you fizzing and the mouth about??? Some great destinations that others would be like…“oh, wow, didn’t know about that…”
Anyone going to even replicate a delivery flight???
Or even some “fictional” liveries to replicate Q300/400 routes…

If you guys have NZA Christchurch and inibuilds Queenstown or at the very least… navigraph…
Christchurch-Queenstown rnav rnp 23 into Queenstown is a absolute must!!!

New Zealand :new_zealand:
I mean… 29 ATRs and 14 real world routes…
its fair to say, NZ is very well represented, a few airports arnt the best… especially for the authentic feel if you have ai traffic, Hamilton is a miss… but other routes like Christchurch to Rotorua or Wellington-Napier-Auckland are the top to do… then…
NZA stunning Nelson airport will showcase ATR short field performance… be it from Auckland or Christchurch…

Ireland :ireland:
Aer Lingus is another top of the list… for me… 8am Dublin to Glasgow/Edinburgh are definitely in my sights…

Sometimes forgotten Nepal :nepal:
Some stunning freeware airports and what can I say… some of the most stunning sceneries in the world… Nepal is going to be a blast!!!

What are your guys top ATR destinations be it routes or countries???

7 Likes

It will probably be some regional flights in my home country of Sweden where the ATR:s are very popular. We have a horrible railroad system which makes propliners perfect for the kind of distances we have here.

I will also fly some routes in Nepal with the Yeti Airlines livery. Just have to make sure I don’t feather the props instead of deploying flaps…

Yea, domestic Finland and Sweden flights and also in-between!

1 Like

It can’t be anything other than island hopping round the Canaries!

2 Likes

I’d absolutely love to explore your neck of the woods… what would be THEE livery and your top couple of routes that I should do???

:face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth::rofl: gosh I’m not too sure if thats too soon but yeah… That went through my mind instantly when looking at airlines and destinations in Nepal… along with Taiwan…

Oh YES!!! And with the fantastic amount of pay/freeware… perfect location for especially doing short/multiple sectors within a heartbeat

1 Like

The biggest companies using the ATR:s here are SAS and BRA. I assume somebody will do a SAS paintjob and I really hope that the BRA livery will be available at some point too.

1 Like

does anyone know if Asobo are building the ATR42-600S (short field performance)?

Anyone wanting to do a kiwi ATR roadie using factual routes…
Here are some point to point and also multiple leg routes

Multileg
Christchurch-Queenstown-Christchurch-Rotorua
Its what they call the golden tourism triangle.
Wellington-Napier-Auckland
Auckland-Tauranga-Wellington
Auckland-palmerston North-christchurch

Point to point
Christchurch-Dunedin/Invercargil/Wellington/Palmerton north/Naiper/New Plymouth/Hamilton/Tauranga point to point

Wellington-Dunedin/Hamilton/Invercargil/Napier/Hamilton

Auckland-
Palmy-napier-New plymouth-Nelson-Blenhiem

Bonus charter flights…
From anywhere to Taupo for the iron man, Gisbourne for rhythm and vines, Hokitika for the wild food festival, wanaka for the warbirds over wanaka

Bonus bonus Air Chathams…
Auckland to Whanganui, Whakatane, Te Anau for the tuck tours and of course… the link to the chathams island!!!

2 Likes

Manchester to Isle of Man, Loganair. :ok_hand: Some excellent freeware scenery for Isle of Man on flightsim.to by Superspud.

1 Like

Canary Islands as hub!!!

1 Like

With Air Tahiti or Air Moana textures , Society Islands and Marquesas Islands from Papeete.

1 Like

Exactly!
Since the next WU is Oceania I hope we ge the Air Tahiti or Air Moana liveries to explore the bespoke airport flying real routes with the ATR, a perfect circle.

Then ATR is a very popular aircraft there will be a lot of liveries and a lot of routes to fly realistically with it.

Greece, Island hopping. As in real life.

i almost fly exclusively in the US. Definitely gonna get some domestic puddle jumps around flyover country.

Then i’m probably gonna go bouncing around Alaska for some ASA hops around The Last Frontier

I hope Drzewiecki will finish Tallinn very soon, and someone does a paint of this beauty:

The delta connection route from KROC to KJFK &
The old colgan air routes from Newark to Rochester and Newark to Buffalo if flytampa brings back their Buffalo airport

Thats right… they did fly in the states for a while… although the icing issues kinda put a dampner on their time in the us…

You’d think there would be a market for the 600s…

Oh…

Baltika/lion air and Malaysian wings around Malaysia and Indonesia would be fantastic

1 Like

There is like a huge market for turboprops in the US if they just did the full aircraft with 3rd class and economy seating so we could get cheaper flights I would fly somewhere on that airline if that were made

1 Like

I live in the Pacific Northwest which is more Dash-8 territory – but the ATR will make a nice substitute for now on the Vancouver, BC ↔ Portland, OR hop :smiley:

2 Likes