What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Jobs in the amazing app neo fly making some $

Flew along the west African coast from Dakar to Bissau.

The coast here has a lot more going on than further north, where it’s mostly rocky-nothingness on one side, and watery-nothingness on the other. I followed the coastline for the first part of today’s trip, before my direct route took me inland over Gambia and beyond. I’d probably have done better to follow the coast all the way, since what started as a pleasant journey looking at almost continuous rainbows under the clouds forming to the east got progressively darker and wetter, forcing me down to 1,500 ft to keep sight of the ground. And the thunder and lightning I’d had intermittently from the start (known bug) was looking entirely authentic as I covered the last 50 nm or so, at least according to Bissau METAR. It cleared just in time for me to make an uneventful landing.

If I’m continuing south, and then across the continent somewhere around Camaroon as I intend, I’m going to have to watch the weather more carefully. And start my journeys with enough spare fuel and daylight to divert. Though in the XCub, if I have to, I suppose I can always find a farmers field to land in. May be less of an option over the rainforest though.

5 Likes

Currently I’m doing a little test run (background test) to see if the Bonanza can make it to the Azores from Portugal. I got to my desired cruising altitude (17.5K ft) for lowest fuel consumption, managing to maintain 100 knots (134 TAS). Now measuring the fuel consumption to find out if it can get close enough. 756 NM, well under the listed range yet the engine is not up to specs, nor is the fuel consumption. I threw the co-pilot out and went on a diet, one 140 pound pilot.

It’s looking good, 0.174 gallons per minute at 134 knots before wind. The first 436 NM, including ascent, took 40 gallons. The remaining 36 gallons gives me a theoretical range of another 445 although atm 430, 2 knot headwind. Easy in the current weather.

2 Likes

Wow that’s tough, in a Cessna - have to try to navigate the mountain valleys but always stall, even with low payload. What are you flying? almost as good as my South American SPIS to SPGL challenge VFR (direct) (which seems to tolerate ultra graphic settings more or less).
Love these 15 minute ultra-challenges. Have to get it JUST right.

Ps PLEASE MFS fix the VFR Map glitch. Its becoming really annoying. Have to go to Assistance and switch off. If open during game, be sure to do the same again, otherwise its effectively a CTD.

Can a mod here raise this issue because I know I’m not the only one - thanks! : -) On V high end PC and have tried all sorts of settings so its not a RAM/CPU issue.

You aren’t a Canadian glider, by any chance?

Launched the sim just to check if Pilot Plus’ EGTB Wycombe Air Park addon made its way into the marketplace.

It still has not. :frowning:

Flew the Japan tour and was absoloutly beautiful.

Purchased the https://secure.simmarket.com/fs-academy-voyager-msfs.phtml

and wow the tours on that are just incredible highly recommended as well

Jumped in the TBM and flew a short IFR flight from Porterville California to Elko Nevada. Had to deal with porpoising for the last 3000 feet of my climb on AP, and for a few minutes after leveling out. Then on approach had to deal with all cockpit buttons stopping from being clickable for about 10 minutes until it decided to work again. Landed successfully.

Then jumped in the C152 to take a quick VFR flight from Warrnambool in Australia, to go past the twelve apostles. (Large rock formations just off the coast That attract thousands of visitors).,. Boy wasn’t that a let down. They haven’t been rendered into 3D and are just flat 2D splodges in the now-lesser-quality water and waves after the update.

Another disappointing day on FS2020, one of many

Tried to fly the A32N then got a CTD a quarter way through it. Sigh. I’ll wait for next patch. This game is just becoming a massive chore.

flew under another plane on approach… sorry. ATC told me to follow a plane landing at a fraction of my assigned speed in zero visibility. Before I knew it they filled my windscreen.

can just imagine being in a light plane coming in on your final only to have a 747 scrape so close underneath I’m a pretty sure I have tread marks on top of the cabin. It was another player lol

1 Like

Neapol - Rome

5 Likes

Haha, nope, never flown apart from being an airline passenger. I’m kinda obsessed with numbers. In GT Sport I calculated the fuel consumption as well for all cars, figuring out how many laps each car could make with or without fuel saving by short shifting or changing the fuel mixture.

Elite Dangerous was a good fit for me, calculating lots of random stuff, for example extrapolating the hypothetical hyperspace jump, hyper drive in Elite Dangerous: Ignoring the heat factor (and ignoring the decrease in range by the weight of the fuel) what do you hypothetically need to jump to the Large Magellenic Cloud based on the best technology we currently have.
A 136k ly jump would require 9.9 E+27 tons of fuel (1.3^31 x 40ly, 8t^31 fuel), that’s nearly 5 Solar masses!
Let’s take it beyond the extreme and jump straight to Andromeda 2.5 million light years away.
That would require about 9 E+37 tons, which is nearly 8% of the mass of the Milky way Galaxy.

From exploring the Galaxy to exploring the Earth

1 Like

Took off in a 787 and fell out of the sky at 190kts right after take off due to the broken flight model. I keep trying to fly in this sim, but the devs are taking too long to fix the bug. So, I just take off and most of the planes just lose lift and crash. The elevator on my 787 is useless and does nothing at the moment. I am honestly laughing at this point. Efin joke…

Right now I’m flying the SR22 (new favourite plane) from RJAZ to RJTH (Hachijojima).

It’s been overcast the entire way (right up to FL100) and the tower has advised winds at 57 knots…

Wish me luck

Made a ~300 mile trip Carthago - Algiers on c172. That’s a part of the tour which i started from London about 2 weeks ago… went through France, Italy, Greece, Cyprus, Lebanon, Israel, Egypt… My purpose is to go around the Africa, see how long it will take to Cairo…

Coming down to Algiers

3 Likes

Flew from Cornwall to Bristol and made a hash of my landing. I really need a helicopter.

Reinstalled the game because after landing their are blue cracks on the runway causing me to crash every time

Today I tried the TBM again. This time, enroute at FL270 from KEKO to KASE, my AP didn’t activate the next leg on my flight plan upon crossing the waypoint on NAV mode. So I went to manually activate the next leg and sure enough, when I pressed the scroll down button, the ‘game’ (pathetic excuse for even a game, let alone a sim), froze on me.

Once again, another disappointing day of trying to stick with FS2020.

Continued on my World Tour with the A320 … 3 flights across the USA. All well apart from the last one when the AP decided to do it’s own thing… Quickly switched to manual flight and all was good. whilst it is annoying to get these bugs at times, it’s not the end of the World…