What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Continued for another hour. Only ice, nothing else to see.

I should be somewhere here now:

2 Likes

Found some alien interested in Belinda, Belize

It’s a trickster

And scratching my head how the water masks can be good while the island in the middle is some abstract puzzle. Modern art

5 Likes

Today’s leg in the Bandeirante was from Myrtle Beach to Savannah. Took off from Grand Strand and proceeded southwest, admiring the expensive real estate along the way.

At the South Carolina/Georgia line, I turned inland to follow the Savannah River into town. Another beautiful photogrammetry city awaited me.

I then passed by some industrial and shipyard areas before reaching Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport. I was suddenly told to go around on my way in, so I got to do a full pattern around and that time I was able to land without any further complications.

Finally, later that day I was invited by some locals to try flying an ultralight for the first time in their Top Rudder 103 Solo. It had a very different and unforgiving feeling compared to anything else I’ve ever flown, but I knew I had to get one of my own after finishing this tour. Got some very nice views of the Savannah sunset.

Tomorrow I’m hoping to make it to Jacksonville, Florida and possibly also Vero Beach where something special is waiting for me.

4 Likes

So, did a southern border patrol from Nimes to Bayonne, via a very cloudy, soggy Pyranees

Took a small detour to find Lourdes, where Bernadette’s miracle happened, and, though pouring rain, it was clear enough to at least see the town. Have to come back on a clear day.
All the mountain dodging ended with a murky sunset and night landing (my second and a tad better than at Monaco). Abiento!

5 Likes

Definitely no pictures. Immersion ruined by bad shorelines and the dreadful strange artefacts which I have not seen for weeks.

This was flying up Saguenay Fjord, in Canada. One artefact obscured Bagotville town. One good thing was being able to call up CYBG and getting a straight in to land from 5 miles. A bit of a rush to get organised and a rather fast approach but with 10000 ft of runway, made it.

Not sure if you’ll see this or whether you’re already aware, but i saw it and thought of you.

Preview on the upcoming payware helicopter: FlyInside Bell 47-G2 - Third Party Addon Discussion / Aircraft - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

[RELEASE] FlyInside Bell 47G Helicopter - Third Party Addon Discussion / Product Announcements - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

It’s awesome in VR

Not in the 172, looonng flight (reverse). Really desolate.

GotGravel Vertigo - Max Performance Climbout at Tamiami (KTMB)

Love the deck angle, it’s like a roller coaster, 4000 fpm is eye-watering. The closest thing to an F-16 burner climb you can get. I even rolled over at the top to make the G reduction easier.

4 Likes

The current weekly photo contest may be of interest to you :wink:

Now flying SBGO to SBRJ …

3 Likes

Stormy Approach into Louis Armstrong / New Orleans (KMSY)

4 Likes

a nice flight from Amsterdam to Bergen, Norway.

great flight, everything perfect accept for a timely reminder to fly the plane and not screw with the camera, lest ye do everything but drop the gear. When you even remember to alert the flight attendants for landing… it is also what happens when changing procedure form a ‘distance’ to drop the gear, to an altitude on final.

Also found and watched how to service a P39

today’s pics

is it obvious much I am WAY up North when it’s RWY 17, yet the moon is dead ahead!?!?!!?

3 Likes

I suggest continuing to Durban… the terrain gets pretty amazing as you go along the Great Escarpment

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing the Video, I love these old training videos. I swear the fella narrating has been the voice on just about every old video like this.

1 Like

Been working on reviewing Santiago airport :smiley:

5 Likes

Continued on my King Air world tour. Todays legs WADD > WPDL, then WPDL > YPDN.
I was amazed on my arrival into Darwin that it is covered by photogrammetry, and the best photogrammetry I’ve seen in MSFS. In Darwin… :man_shrugging:? :rofl: (I’m an aussie btw)

4 Likes

is that even possible in an A320 ?? not judging, just asking :wink:

Yes and no. Canada is out of range, but if the screenshots are any indication, he actually landed in Anchorage, which is just within range especially from Kushiro that is in Hokkaido, almost as close to Alaska as you can get in Japan.

Not that there are any international flights from Kushiro… but I’m not judging either :joy:

1 Like

Today’s leg in the Bandeirante was kind of rushed without much sightseeing along the way because I was excited to get to Vero Beach (headquarters of Piper) to take ownership of my Seneca V and do some familiarization flights in it before having it ferried off to my home base while I continue the tour. :grinning:

Another beautiful sunrise takeoff, this time from Savannah, Georgia.

An interesting formation of rivers welcomes us into Florida.

More barrier islands full of expensive real estate.

And finally landing at Vero Beach Regional.

After getting some rest and a late lunch, I picked up my Seneca and took it on a short IFR trip to Titusville and back. It was nice having the autopilot controls up where I could easily reach them, instead of down behind the throttles and trim wheels like the Bandeirante (which admittedly wasn’t designed for single-pilot operations) as well as a working weather radar.

Tomorrow some other lucky person will ferry this beautiful piston twin back to my home base for me, while my passengers and I continue our tour in the Bandeirante.

3 Likes

Looks like my passenger just arrived … I’m going flying!

5 Likes