What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Landing on the hard deck aircraft carrier in the F-15 :grin:

4 Likes

After a delay (IRL waiting for things to settle out with the G3000 between v0.5.1 and v0.6.1), Air Journey World Tour is back on track!

Note to future travelers - Paro airport in Bhutan:

1. Does not have an ATIS/AWOS - in real life you would need to contact the nearest weather station by HF radio or land-line telephone - obviously not options in the sim.
  2. Feels real short for a Longitude T/O; I saw the piano keys on the other end of the runway and I had just barely cleared Vr even though I had at least 1500 ft to spare even on a high-altitude T/O.

Paro Bhutan (VQPR) to Chiang Mai, Thailand (VTCC) - 750nm or so.

3 Likes

Something else to Take Bush Flying.

4 Likes

Something else … played more with my SimConnect wrapper. Got this kind of interface at the moment:

And to read:

Now need to support all simple properties and some useful data structures too.

Just playing, probably will end up as another half finished start of a project. I enjoy designing API’s that are easy to use (for me).

But SimConnect is one convoluted interface! Clearly from another era. 64-bit only dll, not available in NuGet, marshalling to win32 types, …

Got to Erie Pa. just in time to view the destruction of our Allies in Canada…

Now the question is: was it a mass suicide due to the pandemic, or was it a terrorist attack! LOL

Air Journey World Tour Leg 11 Interlude: Wat Pho, Thailand and Angkor Wat, Cambodia

3 Likes

Today’s leg from Key West to Naples was at sunset rather than the usual sunrise. I made an exception to my usual no-autopilot policy because of the monotonous amount of water I had to cross to get back to the mainland without backtracking through the Keys. As soon as I got back to dry land, manual control resumed.

4 Likes

Morning flight from EDDF to LOWS.

4 Likes

Did a patrol circuit around the southern Ryukyu Retto.

4 Likes

First partial IFR flight in the Caravan from YCOI TO YPPH. 47 minutes of shear terror.

8,000 ft.------12,000 ft.-------16,000ft. followed by “expedite your descent to 8,000 ft.”

Followed immediately by, “expedite your descent to 2,800 ft.”

All while flying through the soup. Had no time to take pics and I’m exhausted.

3 Likes

YMML - YMML RNAV approach… rinse then repeat

KSFO - KLAX

• I learned what happens with the FBW flight-pad, when you fail to properly dismiss the tug… steering anyone??? - nice to see new crew alert messages, I guess it means I’m lurnin sumthin

-had a FP deviation and got rerouted from inland to ocean approach for landing.

• atc within a minute or two, gave me about 6 altitude changes… not all in the same direction. down to 6000, then up to 7000, then before even confirming, back to 6000, then 8000 and then 3000. All before I could confirm with ATC or even dial in the changes… sorry, but ATC and IFR sux big salty donkey balls.

otherwise had fun. Saw a doco that mentioned the QE2 was at the mouth of Los Angeles ‘River’… decided to take a gander. Low and behold… thar she is, right next to the half sunk!Russian sub

umm… there is another ship there, which appears to have foliage… anyone know the story with that?

got sent to the ■■■■ end of the airport to park… upon seeing the nearest hangar, I now know why!

3 Likes

Took off from KLAS to intercept an overflying jet at FL360 in the Got Gravel Vertigo. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Naples to Tampa in the Bandeirante, back on our usual morning schedule.

Just south of Sarasota we finally found some clouds again, and this time they were too low to safely go under, so I had to keep dodging around them the rest of the way into Tampa.

The Sunshine Skyway Bridge, between Sarasota and St. Petersburg.

Upon entering St. Petersburg we were greeted by the domed Tropicana Field, home of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays baseball team.

Finally sighting downtown Tampa through the fog.

And lining up for final to Tampa Executive. I probably didn’t need that last notch of flaps.

Tomorrow I promised my passengers we’d go to Orlando because I skipped past it in my hurry to Vero Beach. Also thinking about getting a new paint job while we’re in Tampa.

3 Likes

Flew around in the Seneca today. So long as I keep the VFR map firmly closed it doesn’t CTD (yay)! Beginning to love the combination of steam gauges and baby Garmins. Top 5 favourite planes to fly in the sim?

1. King Air
  2. Seneca
  3. TBM
  4. Bandeirante
  5. SR22
2 Likes

You seem to fly a lot around Japan. Special interest?

1 Like

KPVD (Providence) to CYYT (St. Johns) - destination was socked in, but cleared out above MDA (whew).

3 Likes

NO screenshots but today did a flight picked at random from sky park and did alot of neo fly missions in the UK in the Helicopter

1 Like

Decided to take a short evening hop in the CRJ from Amsterdam to Manchester.
Left Amsterdam in pretty nice weather.
Closer to Manchester all of sudden some clouds started building

Slowly increasing

getting darker…

and darker…

and darker still.

where’s my plane?

Clouds down to 700ft AGL, should probably have gone around or diverted.

Also, whoever place a shack on taxiway Delta after holding point D1 should be fired!

6 Likes

Caribbean Wandering: La Caravelle Lighthouse and Fort Napoleon des Saintes

4 Likes

Chichen Itza in the Yucatan

The strip next to it doesn’t have an airport marker, but is perfectly usable.

1 Like