What did you do in MFS today?

I guess I should have taken screenshots, but I reached a milestone of 500 hours on the FBW A320NX LEAP airbus and decided to fly from KSAN to KBFI. Nothing like landing on Boeing Field with an Airbus to celebrate the Airbus milestone achievement.

6 Likes

A350-900

3 Likes

Taking a break from my almost-completed European Capitals tour in the CJ4 decided to “rent” a C172 from Reykjavik to tour Iceland. Have the Orbx Iceland Mesh installed and the scenery is spectacular and looking entirely natural. Screenshot is at 1098 so not super hi-res.

(Yes I know Iceland isn’t Europe but it made a convenient finale to the exercise).

1 Like

Stopped at Marshall Islands International Airport in Majuro this evening. It prompted gave me to learn a little about atoll islands and this island’s history in particular. Very curious places.

The airport is that white strip area at about off the upper left of the sun reflection (10:00).

5 Likes

Took C152 Acrobat out to Guam, the American Mariana island in the Pacific… hunting for red of course :grin:

2 Likes

Today is the first day I am not flying since 8-23. I completed my world tour yesterday, time for a (small) break!

322 days, 323 legs (crossed the date line) with about 330 PG Areas (~250 in USA)
321,741 NM traveled with 7146 stops. Total flight time 2589:52 avg 124.2 knots.
243 countries, sovereign territories and island nations visited.

It was an epic journey, I learned a lot about the world and took over 13,000 screenshots along the way. This game has so much content to offer.

It was also a journey through FS2020 updates. I started with almost daily CTDs, an underpowered Bonanza, no rain windshield effects and frequent bad stuttering. Over time, performance increased, CTDs are now a thing of the past (upgrading to 32GB ram helped as well) and things like lightning, snow and added detail all further enhanced the experience.

I can’t wait to see what the upgrades bring on the 27th. One area my system still struggles with greatly is heavily forested photogrammetry areas, drawing auto gen trees on top of PG trees.

Next to see what was updated in the areas I had already passed (Europe) or maybe take a tutorial flying lesson to learn how to fly properly :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

I flew the ICON A5 around Ireland and Africa. I looked at this airplane at the simulation launch, but was put off by the unusual instruments so I stuck with the more conventional general aviation planes. Now that I have tried it, I enjoyed the low and slow. It was also fun landing in the water and looking around! I think I will be trying this more for a while. But I still would like a vertical speed indicator!

1 Like

C140 taxing out, around midnight, BIIS Iceland.

8 Likes

Today the Ryan did a Moon Light Flit.

Afterwards we put the Coffee on and watched the DC 6 doing her stuff.

Then another short Flight in the Ryan.

4 Likes

Tooling along the area of today’s TDF etape.

4 Likes

Delhi to Skardu in the 320 and a tour of K2 in the King Air. K2 needs work and they need to widen the runway at Skardu although the grass on the edges seems to be hard enough to support an A320. I guess it’s frozen. Oh and ATC needs training over there. Two planes on short final and they cleared me. Of course I agreed and they went around.

3 Likes

Glacier somewhere in NW Iceland - some stunning scenery around here!

Spotted a pod of Blue Whales - one of them broached and rolled but too quick for me to catch on a screenshot. Lucky as the weather threw me a fog bank and I very nearly joined them!

7 Likes

I ran out of fuel flying the default 787 because I made a mistake calculating fuel for the flight from Denver to Seattle and ran out over Oregon and found a nice small lake airfield to touch down would re do that flight again with a 747 800 but the good news is no one died of dysentery

5 Likes

Millau Viaduct

2 Likes

Quick 45 minute flight from Northeast Philadelphia Airport (KPNE) to Burlington, VT (KBTV) in the Longitude. Gorgeous approach over Lake Champlain. Video link to full flight video:

2 Likes

I’m going to have to stay away from the Denver to Seattle route for a while after failing to make it twice I survived a belly landing after taking on so much fuel after taking off from Denver to Seattle this time in the 747 with taking on more gas than needed after my last flight me and Boeing’s have bad luck all the time thank goodness the area around Denver Airport is rural

A320 | 32NX FlyByWire

2 Likes

Testing the new community Cessna 152 mod (the one with cockpit gauge illumination and flight physics overhaul) and testing satellite images for textures and if the Firewall blocks any flight sim features out or not, and testing a few Cessna 152 liveries and their cockpit interior paints.
The Flight Sim looks absolute impressive and wonderful with these satellite images!

7 Likes

Perfectly modded Cessna 172 with cockpit mod and flight physics overhaul.

5 Likes

Kaze has done his own version of Nagoya station and adapted Nagoya (former) Airport. The helipads in his Meieki scenery work! He even added blinking red lights on the buildings. It was also great to see some sunshine in Nagoya as the last few days have been quite rainy. Well done.

4 Likes