What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

default of payware?

Somewhere there is a giant dog seeking this out.

2 Likes

Yeah and when it starts the usual spray, you don’t want to be anywhere near:dog:

1 Like

It’s much better already than when the UK update launched. Then I could only go 40 to 60 knots (half sim rate) or the game could not keep up and the scenery would devolve into a melted mess while memory usage kept climbing (to 51GB committed once before CTD)

I cranked up the object detail to 200 (terrain detail still at 100) to maximize my GPU memory usage. It will be interesting to see how that changes with SU5.

Back to Alaska bush trip, buttery smooth, stutter free, so different!

1 Like

I enjoy the extra frames, I can fly more places now.

Looking forward to 27-jul. And… keep watching the LODs !!

2 Likes

I tried the e-championships Top Pilots ! :crazy_face:

It is quite fun even if there is not a lot of competitors for the moment so my ranking is greaaaaat!

The Patrol Mission is very challenging and teasing !

#top-pilots

Nice to hear this!! Welcome to the forum and to our community @microsoftpeteco !! If you need help for somethings im here to help you! Just PM me :wink:

1 Like

I finished the Iceland bush trip. I flew to all those places before on my world tour, yet then it was winter.

The bush trip is in summer (I assume) and it looks very colorful, very pretty

3 Likes

Enjoying some scenery at Innsbruck whilst hiding from the UK heat outside :grin: :fire:

4 Likes

Took the JustFlight Warrior out for a first spin, love it.

3 Likes

Had a nice flight from Furnace Creek to KLAS with a Turbo Arrow. Nice sceneries and a LOT of traffic in KLAS. But, hey, for some reason they didn´t land on the runway but at the end of the runway (slowing down at the streets and thru the buildings) :scream:

2 Likes

Finished my second RTW leg in my Cessna 172 (Vigo - Laundos) and arrived in Northern Portugal. It was a beautiful flight along the Rio Minho and the Atlantic Coast. Also my destination turned out to be the shortest airstrip I’ve ever landed on (around 870ft) which was quite fun!

4 Likes

Today I completed South Carolina.

Thus far, states with photogrammetry cities where I flew over and covered in detail, are:
Texas
Louisiana
Mississippi
Alabama
Florida
Georgia
South Carolina

I didn’t cover Atlanta Georgia b/c it’s too much lag. I’ll wait for it to get fixed(hopefully next update).

On to North Carolina now!

3 Likes

I was given some advice on ffmpeg filters to map a VR screen recording to the format for uploading VR180 video to YouTube. Made a test flying past Mt Hood east of Portland, Oregon:

Note this is extra low resolution due to the resolution of the mirror screen being set to 1080p; mirroring to the 4K screen instead and recording that should give sharper results.

1 Like

“It’s full of stars” - David Bowman

very very weird…

ok, so I had lotsa fun doing Go Arounds and managing spacing at EHAM (Amsterdam)

after landing, I just left the drone watching the airport, then forgot it was running while doing other things… I came back to what i can only say was an EXCESSIVELY busy airspace that appears either unrealistic or a minor AI issue… compounding until the sky, runways and taxiways are full. Before turning off the titles, I can confirm the majority were ai-KLM flights

A more accurate title for this timelapse shoudl be… go around’s at EHAM, as only towards the end a few flights make it anywhere near landing. I also note several of the lined up planes jsut vanish… maybe the odd impatient player or AI deciding that flight was finished… dunno

I liked doing this… does anyone have a good location or airport suggestion with clear flight paths?

also another bit of landing footage from the EHAM landing

5 Likes
  • Bought and installed Air Hauler 2.
  • Immediately went for Nomad Mode and passed my Cessna 152 Exam.
  • Flew 350 lbs of DVDs for 2 hours through Gabon in a 152 with 14 kn tailwind and made 2700€.

11/10 Will definitely deliver more DVDs to some village in Central Africa!

2 Likes

Grinding at the transcription of something you’ll see tomorrow :joy:

With the sim running in the background like a screensaver. :rofl:

1 Like

Took our Private Jet for Blast.

After a fun filled hour with this amazing Mini Jet we found a Film featuring more of this type of Aircraft

4 Likes

So, if there are 2 million + simmers then placing in 52,874 place is good, right?

It’s all subjective. The more you play/fly, the better you and your scores will get.