What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Today a finish my trip’s second leg from Anchorage to Cancun Mexico via DFW with the AAL A320. First leg ANC-DFW 6,5hrs was day before patch2.

After finding out to keep APU running I have no problems with the A320 thanks to this forum.

Than made the first flight as Viva Aerobus A320 pilot with new addon A Pilot’s Live by simbitworld.com (19,43€) from Cancun MMUN to Torreon MMCT. 2,5hrs flight with no problems - and running APU !
Amazing scenery views when braking through the clouds on Torreon VOR-DME approach.

5 Likes

4.5hr flight UK-Canaries A320 (APU on) no issues at all. Flew the new Mooney around Gran Canaria , all good… great days flying.

1 Like

Flew around the south of England for 4 hrs in onair. Absolutely awsome loving every minute.

4 Likes

i tried to restart my left engine in 3 differents flight, then i turned off the pc

3 Likes

I flew around my beloved Iceland (BIAR) what I have visit 2 years ago in RL. Flight from BIAR to BIRK (Reyklavik) took 45-50 Minutes in RL same in the sim. I recommend a slow GA around BIAR and BIRK and the TBM to fly the route.

I higly recommend to install first the fix from baddweapon.

One more link to check the pictures before you download

11 Likes

I completed leg 27 of my world tour, visiting Dracula’s castle among other places

And then tried to figure out how to get back to previous detail levels

It seems it’s beyond my control due to changes in caching. I could download every area I’m going to ahead of time but don’t really want to get into that nightmare plus I often divert off my general plotted path.

1 Like

Today I took the DA62 up for it’s third look at the storm between southern Italy and Greece (live weather). A bit of a washout, as temperatures were too low to be able to climb far into it without icing up, and its now over the Greek mountains, so going in low wasn’t sensible. Decided to fly to Italy instead, and flew into Reggio Calabria just as the sun was setting.

I then continued my possibly-round-the-world trip in the XCub. The trip had started in England a couple of weeks back, and I’d got as far as the Azores, before turning back east. My leg today was from Madeira to the Canaries, and I decided to take a look at the Ilhas Selvagens in the way. Apparently the total population on the islands is two or three rangers and the odd scientific researcher, but I still managed to find their house.

6 Likes

Today I discovered that there are also power lines in the game. But I am still missing a good representation of cooling towers.

3 Likes

2 hr flight in the C172 up the east coast of Italy before landing at Bologna. Then took another 2+ hr flight from Paderborn in Germany down to Geneva in Switzerland. Dolomites later for some sightseeing then might head over to Pula in Croatia in the TBM from Venice and then on down to Athens in Greece.

1 Like

Did the 7th leg of the Patagonia Bush Trip yesterday. Since I couldn’t figure out how to refuel the plane and also didn’t controll the mixture and prop of the xCub correctly I ran out of fuel just in sight of the destination Airport and crashed into the city. :neutral_face:

Strangely it said In the HUD that I had still 7% fuel left, but even switching between the tanks didn’t help.

Have to do the whole 90 minutes flight again. :grimacing:

Amazing trip in the Shock Ultra from Venice, Italy to Tignes, France via some stunning mountains! Live Weather added a whole new dimension and challenge.

1 Like

Did you try to delete the community folder and let the sim generate a new folder upon startup?

Just a small 50 minute flight in the Solomon’s with the C208 on FSE. Will probably be doing some more random island hopping tomorrow :slight_smile:

Waited for a 110gb download as the update wiped my original installation. :frowning_face:

Flew for about 2 hours in the Patagonia. From SAWH to SCCI. Tried 2 times before this week with rapid icing at 1800 m and 28 kt winds…today it was amazingly calm.

4 Likes

I’ve been checking out the storm to the south of Bermuda in the TBM. Couldn’t find a hole in the middle, but per satellite images, it probably doesn’t have one anyway. Or at least, not one open from top to bottom. I spent longer than I intended, which made for a spectacular sunset (see below), but also made for a rather questionable ‘VFR’ landing in very poor visibility back at Bermuda. You aren’t supposed to use the GPS to fly the circuit…

4 Likes

Been practicing landing with the A320neo using ILS for guidance with autopilot off. Trying to get better with manually aligning the localizer and riding the glideslope while making minute roll and pitch inputs. Just press and release the stick. Experimenting a bit with lower sink rates below the glideslope and timing of retard. I am finding that if I hear the Retard announcement, its usually too late to retard.

The AP can get a little wonky at times so needs to be helped to get back to flight plan. Other times it seems to do it perfectly. I notice that sometimes it pitches down on a turn but keeping it in MAN TOGA in the initial climb that requires a turn at the same time seems to help. Then switch to THR CLB after the turn to complete the climb. If using the AP also make sure that the MCDU Perf page is in the correct phase. If you try to setup an approach while the MCDU is in CRZ, the speed target will probably not be 145 knots. In my case it was 100 and with full flaps that will cause the A floor protection to engage.

Yesterday, took the TBM from Unakleet Alaska, back to the home drome in Vancouver via a gas stop in Prince Rupert. The approach into Rupert was fun, dark and stormy under the clouds as it is in real life. Ended up wondering if I would see anything at minimums (not much gas in the tanks for the missed), and then I saw the approach lights. Gassed up and headed home.

Today, hopped in the DA40NG (with tweaks for more realistic flying), went out to Langely airport for a couple of touch and gos. Later, went out to the San Juans and explored some of the strips over there. The sim is addicting!

1 Like

I’m running my OnAir company today. Flew the Grand Caravan out of a tiny grass strip on the Minnesota/Wisconsin border over to Oshkosh to pick up some passengers & cargo for a 4-stop run. Did the first leg up to north Wisconsin, then ran the 2nd stop into Telluride, CO. That sunset approach into Telluride reminded me why I love this game so much. Not at the computer right now, so will try to edit this and add a screenshot tomorrow.

8 Likes

I took a flight to the north pole and found it to be a weird hellscape which is was amazed at… massive planes of purely flat ground… Giant holes to which there was no end… sudden yet straight cliffs… and mountains reaching up to the heavens…

it was fascinating!

(I assume this was some kinda of bug with the streaming cache as i was downloading something on steam at the time)

7 Likes