What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

I flew the Stearman 75 over Melbourne, Australia. I had to fly under the West Gate and Bolte bridges, because why not. I cleared underneath both of them with no problems. I had a very close view of the downtown area near the Yarra River until I climbed out of the area. The Cricket Grounds looked terrific!

2 Likes

2 flights today :

• QF1608 : Perth International YPPH to Kalgoorlie Boulder YPKG with A320Neo in Qantas livery
  • LH1738 : Munich EEDM to Belgrade LYBE with Aerosoft CRJ700 in Lufthansa Cityline livery
1 Like

Wonderful pics.
How can you take them ?

1 Like

More flying around in Australia (Queensland)

5 Likes

Credit to be given to Asobo and Microsoft for today’s short CTD-free flight. The extreme jetstream winds the UK has experienced today, really showcased the weather pretty well. There was plenty of wingflex and turbulence at height. Maybe the only downside was it was a little too smooth at low level.

What an awesome fun and action packed, flight this is. Just 2 minutes after takeoff we are already in winds over 40kts. By FL240 we have over 100kts tailwind and experience moderate heavy turbulence around FL 300. Lots of wingflex is observed. Cruising at FL310 gives us a smoother ride and a groundspeed of almost 700mph.

We also simulate a flaps failure and touchdown on 27R at Heathrow at around 155kts approach speed 175kts. Despite being flapless, the low gross weight, dry runway and strong headwind means we stop using less than 1/3 runway length. Proof that you can comfortably land without flaps in the A320Neo so long as the runway is dry, most of the fuel has burnt off and you have a decent headwind for landing. Total flight time from Glasgow to London Heathrow 49minutes airborne. Around 65 minutes blocks off blocks on.

1 Like

Hey man, very nice shot expecially the last one!
Was that an antarctic expedition in the Australian desert ahaha? I reccommend you to post those shot in this thread, so you may can see your screenshot in the next DEV update! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

See you in the sky!

Sincerely,
Filippo

2 Likes

Thanks Filippo :slight_smile: yeah !! Came straight from Antarctica lol If you zoom in, you can see some unmelted snow on the skis… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Pilatus - Melbourne Australia :sunglasses:

Pilatus - Kata Tjuta Dunes Australia

Pilatus - RAC Arena, Perth Australia

4 Likes

6 Likes

Having an nice trip from Madrid to casablanca.

You may note that it is not necessarily needed to use the HUD at FL400 but it works so-so as a sunshade/sunglasses replacement too :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Was having a blast - literally - with my brand new and shiny TF-104 “Starfighter”. Didn’t pay much attention to the briefing in rainy Ramstein (ETAR) - handbook? Pffft… I’ll figure it out on the fly: “Learning by doing!”

Ready for take-off in rainy Ramstein:

“Hey Michel! Why did you lower the arrestor hook!?” - “Nah, never mind: it’ll be fine…”

The Starfighter has a badass climbrate!

This screenshot has been taken just one minute after take-off:

“Hey Michel! What is this smoke coming out behind us?” - “Uhm…”

“Michel, that does not look gooooood!”

After some blackout phase…

Post mortem flight analysis:

Yes, the Starfighter is also called “widow maker” for a reason…

UPDATE: Ah, from the manual:

Seems like I was executing this very flight maneuver - doh!

8 Likes

Since it’s a while (3weeks !!) I didn’t fly, at first EGLL/EBBR with the B78X of Virgin Atlantic ( real life flight ! ). I wanted to test if the import of SB flight plan would work now, and try the hold pattern function. Everything worked perfectly !
Then, I tried my favourite a/c all time in MSFS: the A32NX from FBW, on EBBR/EDDM ( storm crossing through central Europe. I wanted the challenge 20kt wind (30kt G)upon take off at EBBR, and 30kt wind upon landing at EDDM with 40kt Gust winds).
Then…SURPRISE the AILERONS and ELEVATORS where down, when hydraulics Off !!! and activated upon Engine start :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:
SECOND SURPRISE : The Hold function is working too !! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: Practiced a hold pattern or two at MIQ on the STAR for rwy 26R at EDDM, it went smooth and flawless despite the strong winds and turbulence…
THANK YOU FBW TEAM !!! YOU ROCK !

My apologies for the poor quality of the video (even in HD). It’s always pixelised when showing pics or vids at night time.

3 Likes

Checking out the updated Sydney.

7 Likes

Blue Sky World Tour, Day 53.
Safari in Eritrea. Average elevation 8000 feet.

Got them.

Not so easy. These animals have long legs and move fast.

Glad that I took the Heli.
Getting rather comfortable with the H 135. Wondering if I should buy the H 145 ?

3 Likes

The Texan is still making its way through Texas, but made it to the Gulf Coast. I overflew Galveston and then toured the San Jacinto Monument before landing at La Porte. I’m not talking to ATC, so was careful not to bust the Houston Bravo or any of the deltas under the shelves.

I love flying over some of the more “mundane” areas that still have photogrammetry, and not always the big downtown areas. It really makes the scenery feel real.

5 Likes

En route to my Caribbean destination from my home town. Today’s leg was Grand Canyon to Albuquerque. Tonight’s flight is into Texas.

It always feels so much more lonely flying in the dark. Such a different vibe.

3 Likes

von stoyat, vot jeto vot vot jeto zatevayut vsyo vot jeto

4 Likes

I took short flight from Heathrow to Belfast, and it was probably my best flight yet on xbox series x, it was one of them flights where I felt everything just worked, live traffic, live weather, all working (in its current state), nailed the landing, and everything looked stunning and performance was smooth as butter.

I wish I could work out how to brighten my pics, the xbox screenshot always makes them look a little darker I feel.

Arriving at a cloudy Belfast, (I will one day disable taxi ribbon :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:)

5 Likes

Looks awesome. I’m the same with taxi ribbons on time I have them off is at Bristol EGGD

2 Likes

I flew the Cessna 182T from Evansville to the Spirit of St Louis Airport. Unfortunately, as I was crossing over from Indiana to Illinois, there was snow on the ground. Nevertheless, I pressed on with the flight to learn how to use the G1000nxi better (activating the approach). I thought everything was going well. However, I tried to fly it in manually when I activated the final approach (not the ILS approach, mind you). Ice was forming on the windshield, which I tried to de-frost. That didn’t help. Ice developed at the front of the airplane, which impacted my approach even though I have the icing turned off. The plane was pretty nose-heavy at that point, and I nearly crashed on the runway. The lesson learned is to turn on the prop deicing system as soon as you cross over into colder weather. I don’t think there is an engine decing system on the plane so that it would’ve felt nose heave no matter what.

2 Likes