What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

My last night in Tokyo, I should be leaving in the morning, check-out time is 11 am from my hotel here.

I decided to go around Roppongi where my hotel is to Kabukicho, and put the TV on mute, put a playlist on Youtube on another device and flew around Tokyo closer to the ground tonight to see Tokyo

to this

Then I had my fun with that (I also flew around those buildings I saw when I first got here to this soundtrack before going from Roppongiput, but I had my fun with that, took it off mute after these two tracks, saw this;

This was new to me and piqued my interest, so I stopped to have a look.

Then it was off to Kabuckicho to say Sayonara, ended up using another approach to what I’m used to and noticed I was where I was and organically ended up in the same spot I did when I first found the place last week when I first went out on my first night here/last week Monday.

“Sayonara Kabukicho!” - 'Till next time!

Then I flew around for a bit, past the KFC out that way to see if there was anything else interesting to find, then I called it a night and went back to my hotel.

I’m going to miss Tokyo.

3 Likes

Wow! What an amazing journey!
Thanks for the pics.

Do you take time for sightseeing or do you just snap pics along the route?

So what are you going to do now? Where are you excited to fly again?

Waaaaaayyyyy too many screenshots. You need to trim it back a few notches.

3 Likes

It’s 10, that’s the lot, If it’s more than 10, I’d double post.

I want a souvenir from this trip, I’d love to buy a WWII Imperial Airforce Kamikazee type of plane, but I don’t think on Xbox this game would even sell me that, and, to try another aircraft…

I’d use a new aeroplane with a Japanese Reg’

And pick that up while I’m in Japan on this game.

I am still wondering whether to come home or move on to the rest of Japan like this plan. Probably should stick to the plan.

I have this private Cessna jet out of my home base of EGLC registered as G-HIGH

I went to Seattle, to Boeing Field to get a private Boeing 747 with an American Reg N420 that I changed to N747BB, that I played with for a bit around St. Patrick’s Day last month, then I ditched that got the Cessna G-HIGH, went to California, got that velocity, N333CA I’ve used a lot… I then wanted to land in Whitby Harbour, Whitby, North Yorkshire from its closest airport so I jetted off to I to EGNV for this seaplane G-WITB (or something)… I want a Japanese thing I can say I got in Japan to try and whip out here in Japan.

May get that at some point and catalog it.

A post was split to a new topic: Help with Grayed out Tiles for Activities and Options Menus

I had some fun with blender and msfs dev mode. Just learning to work with blender
I hope to get it moving someday but still i’ve got a long way to go.

6 Likes

Thanks, yeah mainly just along the route, although in cities and such would have a wee fly around.
For the pictures sometimes I would just use the external view and for others, would active pause and use the showcase camera.

If I’m being honest it was a northern hemisphere world trip, so I’m thinking Africa or South America would be good next.

Japan was really great to fly in, but I did notice most severely the scenery quality change on leaving northern Japan and crossing over to eastern Russia.
I suppose the quality of the data isn’t as good - that also seems to affect the high northern latitudes too, with photo scenery being very patchy for long, loong periods, even in Alaska for example. :grinning:

1 Like

Long EZ Rutan Aircraft over Belfast, weather RT-6hrs

7 Likes

Finished with Tokyo and my work here in Japan, I began my social.

I checked out of the Ritz-Carlton Tokyo around 6 this morning.

One last look back at Tokyo.

Went to the airport, Tokyo Haneda HND/RJTT.

My first time at this airport.

I really haven’t been anywhere else lately. (I landed at Narita on Monday, the 28th of March 2022).

I flew off to Fukuoka to meet my friend and her cat and pick them up.
I decided to go to Fukuoka now that I’m not working in Tokyo.
I almost went back to London, but decided to see my friends in Japan instead.

Got to fly over Mount Fuji this morning on my way to Fukuoka ■■■/RJFF, my first time seeing Mount Fuji, way cool.

Tokyo - Fukuoka

1 Like

This is what I done this morning.

“Welcome to Fukuoka.”

My first time in Fukuoka, Japan.

Buzzed around a bit to see what’s good.
‘Everything!’

Fukuoka looks so pretty like New England meets Pacific North West almost, I liked it.

Found this in Fukuoka this morning;

Looked nicer and more detailed than anything like this I saw in Tokyo all week.

Saw this;

Then I flew around a lot, from here to there around this place, then I found a place to land and go off to meet my friend today.

I’m going to take her and her cat off to Hiroshima next, to my other friend and her two dogs, and I and my two friends and this menagerie are going to go around Japan this week.

My private jet is still at the airport here waiting to take us off to Hiroshima.

2 Likes

Faffed about in the F-18 until it decided it wasn’t going to play nice anymore and drove itself into the deck like a lawn dart, then had a blast in the F-15 on approach to fort Bragg that decided it didn’t want to stay in the air either :neutral_face:

Had a pootle from Edinburgh to Cumbernauld (Glasgow was ILS only) in the Stearman in live weather which was cack. No problems landing though, then watched some footy for a bit and finished my evening with a continuation of my own little tour of South America doing a short hop in the TBM (SEPL I think to SPUR)

1 Like

Bush Trip Discover Finland leg 5

Oops :smiley:

5 Likes

Took a pleasantly trouble-free flight around San Francisco in the new Boeing 247D from Wing42. This plane is something else, folks.

5 Likes

Flying the Junkers JU52 and flew from CYMT to CYKQ again annoyed by that storm off the coast of Greenland I kind of went backwards but more North again to hug the Hudson Bay Coast to reach Greenland

2 Likes

Bush Trip Discover Finland

2 Likes

My copilot and I just south of Mt. Fuji.

7 Likes

Did some 400km-s into Botswana: from Rundu (FYRU) to Maun (FBMN). I gotta say I’ve been flying over nothing else than flatlands for some time now, I’m kind of surprised how flat most of Africa is.

Also I noticed that almost every time when planning the flight on the map menu, live weather whows a cloud and lightning icon, but neither departure, nor arrival airport is anything of the sorts. Is that some bug?

1 Like

Ugh. We ended in CTD.

6 Likes

Finally some southern winds and 24c today (it was 10c and raining all day on Monday) So 16L arrival to Haneda, always stunning

4 Likes