What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

That sounds familiar to me, like something I experienced once.

There was a band of extremely fast wind, that threw me around like a dog toy. It only lasted very briefly, like 10-15 minutes, and I assumed it was live weather that had gone wrong. 1350kt winds are not normal, unless you are on Neptune!

1 Like

Love the government liveries… that way I can break all the GA or Commercial rules. Let the ATC scream at me for circling Southend… Coastal flight from Southend to Newquay.

2 Likes

watched the sunset over India

2 Likes

Tried a multi-leg FSEconomy trip. But on my second trip, setting the new payload weight had reset the fuel to 50% so the rest of my flight was invalid.

1 Like

I started flightsim since 1993. I retired from a TOUR Agency because of convoid 19 last year. It is the msfs make me turning from sad to happy. Now,i can fly to the world scenic spots which i took tour group as a tourleader like ever before.So much wonderful recalls. One can not imagine this if there is no msfs ! Google map? No way to compare with the fun that msfs bring to us!

2 Likes

Tonight I set up two sail planes. One classic sail plane without a motor, one motorized wing. Really enjoying flying around my favorite airport (Innsbruck) and landing.

Want to thank Paul Falke, for his invaluable resource,

FS 2020 Sailplanes

Download the archives and put the relevant content in your \Community folder,

=> then restart the game to allow Updates to detect the new files.

I installed DG Flugzeugbau Glaser-Dirks DG-808S sailplane v1.12.13.3 and Trike Collection Ultralight.

Great experience to be able to sail plane in FS-2020 on my favorite airport… Keep in mind that you have to click a location outside the landing spot, you can’t start a sail plane from te runway, If you select a point in the mountains, it will put you on the runway. For Innsbruck, a decent way to start the sail plane is near the end of the runway… click left, you get the Custom departure option,

When “FLY” is clicked you go 1.600 feet, nice

… eagerly awaiting some up force weather ! Please upvote the wishlist topic Glider, sailplane, soaring, please!

1 Like

DAAT -> DAAJ is a 238 nautical mile trip through otherworldly landscapes of the Sahara. Did it using only the compass and a clock. The desert camo livery for the Got Gravel Carbon Cub mod seemed fitting.

5 Likes

Completed my first LONG flight in this baby :heart_eyes: My personal fav from FSX I did 10+ round the world trips in it. About to start my first MSFS 2020 Round The World…

3 Likes

took off from KSAN in the Piper Seminole from Carenado in a flight I had always wanted to make, flying friends to
Avalon at night. The San Diego airport is the payware version from the Marketplace as is the PA44 - I used live weather and time for about 10:30pm.
My eyesight was never good enough for me to fly in the real but here in my workshop on my humble PC I can make this flight any time I like. Moonlight on the cloud tops, a smattering of rain here and there, a crosswind approach for left base to rwy 4 and the entire flight without a hitch.
When MSFS is used this way - short hops, average to sparse ground clutter, quality aircraft… two things generally happen : 1) you get a beautiful flying experience, sometimes even breathtaking - and 2) the risk of having a problem with any of those pesky little flaws in the ointment are drastically reduced.

2 Likes

Thank you for trying the DG808S and 582SL. In the Zip files are legacy-vcockpits-instruments folders and the msfsJSONgen.exe program. For airplane instruments please do the following:
1.) copy both legacy-vcockpits-instruments from the Zip files into your Community folder. You get a message that one file is a duplicate - just ignore this message.
2.) Copy one version of the msfsJSONgen.exe file to your Community folder. In the Community folder double click (execute) msfsJSONgen.exe. The program msfsJSONgen.exe fixes the duplicate problem you saw in step 1.)
3.) Now you have instruments in DG808S and 582SL. Have more fun!

3 Likes

Thx Paul, it works ! Looks very nice now :cat: the overstress warning also works :rofl:

1 Like

Have you ever see a moon sunset?! Here a pic… On my way for the reward of 8h propeller plane flight.

3 Likes

Saturday morning is my time for racing in our point to point league. Today I’m doing the Canberra to Sydney leg in the Waco. Such a gorgeous plane!

1 Like

On my way to SEQM in the 747, I’m slowly finishing off land at gold star airports achievement but with runway long enough for the 747, otherwise TBM

1 Like

Hope FSEconomy has a work-around for that.

nothing like desert camo to keep the pesky SAR people from finding you, nyuk nyuk nyuk…

Installed this MSFS 2020 browser livery for Edge browser today:

3 Likes

I just hooked up my background to my screenshots. Two screens, two backgrounds, changes every 30 minutes. Cheers!

OK, so I guess live weather for LA tanked, so I had to fake the rainy/cloudy weather - my first time doing that as I 95% of the time use live weather. Did a flight from KBUR to KCCR in the Citation. I don’t use the adapt-packs for the planes as I want as little to mess up the game and the planes fly well enough. I usually fly VFR so IFR in this sim with these limited systems is the undiscovered country. It all worked out.

Had my first successful moment with the engine reverser. Another learning moment was that Pilot2ATC has a limited function where it might tell you how to get to a specific parking. I hope they work on that as it did not work, but looks promising.

3 Likes

I don’t think this is an FSEconomy issue. You have to set the payload manually in the game, but every time i do that, the fuel resets itself to initial value. So I always have to set the fuel correctly myself. Haven’t looked into it further.

1 Like