What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Decided to take a short evening hop in the CRJ from Amsterdam to Manchester.
Left Amsterdam in pretty nice weather.
Closer to Manchester all of sudden some clouds started building

Slowly increasing

getting darker…

and darker…

and darker still.

where’s my plane?

Clouds down to 700ft AGL, should probably have gone around or diverted.

Also, whoever place a shack on taxiway Delta after holding point D1 should be fired!

6 Likes

Caribbean Wandering: La Caravelle Lighthouse and Fort Napoleon des Saintes

4 Likes

Chichen Itza in the Yucatan

The strip next to it doesn’t have an airport marker, but is perfectly usable.

1 Like

Flew from Page to GCN in Arizona. Was really beautiful, wind was kicking a couple of times.

3 Likes

From my Air Journey World Tour Leg 12 - Chiang Mai, Thailand to Luang Prabang, Laos

High and Hot in the hills of Laos. RNAV never kicked in, and it was all minimum speed maneuvering during the approach.

3 Likes

I did a A32NX CAT3 landing in Nice - Côte d’Azur…but Runway 04L had been moved!

So the big Asobo update of France misplaced the runway…or was it BING …or MSFS 2020?

Anyone?

Absolutely. Lived there for two years years, travelled quite a bit. Now, the sim saves me big bucks.

Flight in the Grand Canyon:

This is with PG on and Ultra…pretty unimpressive…

7 Likes

I just got into the plotting and planning theory.

Today I tried my first route. All planned with a plotter and E6-B.
All went well, but the actual flying and finding my checkpoints was the real challenge.
I found myself deviated 7NM off course😅

But it is way more fun doing it this way, especially when all turns out the way you planned.

2 Likes

Figured that. I fly there periodically. Did duty there 14 months. Get a chance now to go where I couldn’t then. :smile:

1 Like

I took a flight lesson over Sedona Arizona and my flight instructor crashed us into the side of the mountain. My first ever MSFS2020 flight. Why would that happen?

After the last flight from CYQB to CYUL when the weather had no connection with that in Meteoblue, this evening’s flight did so I was able to proceed as planned. Cancelling the IFR I flew VFR to Trois Rivières and landed there (not recorded in my MSFS logbook but was in my LNM record). Departed and resumed the IFR flight plan, climbing to 8000 ft. Ran into icing. The DA62X can handle the ice. ATC were on the ball and gave me a descent to 4000 ft and then 2500 ft for an ILS approach to 24L. Aircraft everywhere with ATC telling me where they were. Radio calls were spot on. Very immersive except an airliner overtaking me and turning onto 24R. BTW my slow approach caused the aircraft behind me to overshoot.

1 Like

130 billion USD in Bill Gates’ divorce settlement, that could make 130,000 people millionaires!
London is finally playable once again

1 Like

I laugh like a child, everytime… I know, time to grow up. Almost as good as Dildo, Newfoundland, Canada

2 Likes

Took a DA40 from Gatwick into London to see how good/bad my old Gtx 780 fared: bad! Very stutter, not really enjoyable. So I turned south again and looked for the nearest airport.

Somehow “Titsey Airstrip” caught my eye and I headed there. The airstrip turned out to be very short and I came in a little hot. On landing I overshot the runway, encountered a little pond and crashed into the water.

2 Likes

Continue VFR trip around Australia in C172. Today Tully Airport (YTUY) to Cooktown (YCKN). I had to change course a lot, because of clouds. But still better today than last week, when I had to land at Tully Airport, because of rain.

2 Likes

I’ve been to Brasil

2 Likes

Or Blue Ball. PA. :smile:

2 Likes

I finished my round the world trip. I started from France 14 weeks ago with the Pipistrel or the Xcub but then realize it was sometime very very long so I used also the TBM (and a few others sometime just to try but came back to those planes). I flyed around 2h45 a day (273 h in total). I landed at 135 fields, some very very small with the Xcub and off course some big. I went from France, Greece, Saudi Arabia, Iran, India, Nepal, Thailand, China, North Korea, Japan, Bearing detroit, North america (west coast) to Ushuaia, Brazil, crossed the atlantic to Africa, South Africa, Madagascar, crossed the sahara, Spain and back to France (off course some other countries between all those). MSFS is just wonderfull !!

5 Likes

Flew the A32NX FBW from Anchorage to Fairbanks.

This flight started “Cold and Dark” at the gate and ends with a successful AUTOLAND procedure at Fairbanks.

This aircraft is the product of a dedicated team. Kudos to their efforts to create a most immersive Airbus A320.

Enjoy the flight

2 Likes