What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Landing practice ! Got a very nice new ultralight from market place, 103 Solo

These looks:blush: pick and choose…

4 Likes

Had a ctd near Nantes so I tried a flight in Los Angeles… went fine. Checked out the ASD in DTLA and it could sure use some great treatment for its helipads. So could KVNY at the LAFD station.

4 Likes

Was that Hooper Heliport? (made famous from Blue Thunder)

787 last small flight with the vanilla version before moving on to mod .
I don’t have much to show that is scenic or breathtaking , a simple arrival at FIMP (mauritius international) , at night \ thunderstorm and reduced visibility. Night and extreme weather conditions are a constant of the few screenshots I have posted so far, but this conditions help me to more carefully evaluate the various systems of each aircraft. This is what I did on MFS today .

4 Likes

Finally flew to Machu Picchu. Thanks to MSFS Italia for bringing this to life!

9 Likes

Home of “Astro Division”

1 Like

After finally tweaking MSFS (VR) to a stable 36fps, I took an Air Hauler job in my Cessna Caravan from Belfast EGAA to EGYV which is a tiny, lakeside grass strip in Scotland… In the dark. And it was raining. Didn’t see it til I was nearly on top of it, but managed to set her down safely. Held my breath for the last 500 feet!

2 Likes

Wonder how long to drive up in the Pajero

1 Like

Vertigo Sightseeing over Miami Beach

5 Likes

sat in the tower at Heathrow for awhile, messed with the cameras and believe I detected vapor trails from wing tips etc… could it be???

2 Likes

Even lightning can’t keep up with a Vertigo - it’s that fast. :smiley: Somewhere between Singapore and Jakarta.

4 Likes

what did I do? have a stressful flight thanks to an incompetent ATC.

thankfully the guy taking off ont he runway next to me had a horrible climb rate.
TCAS was lit up like a chirstmas tree 3x today. 2 Red Alerts and 1x Amber

ATC: QF342, traffic at 12 o’clock… same altitude. Please confirm you have them in sight"

QF342: ummm that would be the plane now at my 6 o’clock that had a near miss with me. Why yes… I saw it! grrrrrr ATC, please write this phone number down… :upside_down_face:

I heard no aural alerts. I am curious if they are featured, or only used when the warning goes from Red alert to Brown alert. Does anyone know the anser to this?

this was yet another near miss… different from the one mentioned above

2 Likes

Ocala to Tallahassee in the Bandeirante. Hoping to make it to Fort Walton Beach/Eglin AFB area next time, in honor of one of my best friends whose dad used to fly Warthogs out of Eglin.

2 Likes

“Spacing? What’s that?” :smiley:

Sky Harbor was insane - I finally turned on real-time AI Traffic, and hoo-boy. I could have sworn Tower said I was No. 2 to land, but clearly I cut in front of No. 1 and he just ran me over. Ironically, you can just see the Delta still on the active, I went around two more times because of slackers not taxiing off.

6 Likes

This Airbus Fanboy had to testfly the Salty mod 747 and the Heavy-Division B78XH, because so far, only the A32nx from FBW reaches a level of realism that the name/adjective “simulator” is deserved in MSFS ( personal opinion, of course ).

5 Likes

Completed a two hour flight around Northern Scotland, and the Orkneys, in the BN2 Islander. Was pleased to see a few other Islanders up there, too.

VFR Stornoway (EGPO) to Papa Westray (EGEP).pln (4.0 KB)

3 Likes

Spent some hours doing landing practice at LEMD, LEBL and LFML in various aircraft. Seneca V, Seminole, Caravan, Mooney…

Then I spent a few hours troubleshooting some annoying CTDs and stutters on final approach.

After successfully (I think) resolving the issues, I had great fun buzzing around Barcelona in the Turbulence. Winds gusting to almost 40 knots. By the way - it always feels great overtaking airliners on departures in a light GA aircraft. :grin:

I rounded off the day with a nice sunset flight from LEBL to LEMD in the FBW A320. The descent planning actually worked out this time - it’s a hit and miss really.

3 Likes

Hi, my name is Justcruisin1186 and I am a simaholic

seriously… I am not working atm, don’t care about my hours, but when you get awoken by lightning at 3am, winds and pouring rain, I am pretty sure it’s a bad sign when your first thought is to start up the sim at the local airport

also recently finding a long time friend, (we bonded over Top Gun… when it was first released) is highly accomplished pilot and runs an airline… makes it really really REALLY hard to be a simmer when you want to chat with someone with all the knowledge (and then some), but you remember they are your mate and you are not a groupee… so avoid the topic entirely, even though it is taking up vast amounts of your life atm.

note… what’s worse, it appears I am not alone. I can’t imagine ‘OzWookie’ is in a vastly different timezone!!

4 Likes

Tried out the River Visual Approach into KDCA.

3 Likes

Flew over the English Channel from EBBR to EGKK ( VATSIM ), with a lot of Air and Sea traffic

And a test flight EGKK to EDDM with the new B78HX Mod from Heavy Division

3 Likes