What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Left Florida for the last time on this tour (thankfully with much clearer weather) and continued along the gulf coast to Mobile, Alabama.

2 Likes

Thanks man to download my mod on Frankfurt! I really appreciate your comment!
Sincerely,
Filippo

no,no, man, I, thank YOU, for that beautifull improvement of EDDF !!! you nailed it ! It deserved to be “advertised” ! :wink:

1 Like

Short “hop” from rainy EDDF to sunny LEIB

4 Likes

Did the mod help?

Hi Dan,

Where did you get the helicopter model from? Does not look like the HYPE one.

Claus

caveat emptor: It’s a handful to fly https://flyinside-helis.com/

Dambuster 78th anniversary flight. OK, so the movie had them take off in daylight so we could see something. TO was actually at 2128 hours. I fly real-weather, so it was cloudy and rainy all the way. I turned off the running lights, except the beacon. Real chaps only had power lines to deal with, I had to fly higher because of the power wind mills. Never knew that approach, at 240 kts was so short. Terrifying to this novice. Sadly, the Mohne Dam is not done 3D in Google so there was that. Creator who put in a runway at Scampton neglected any runway lights, so the Garmin 1000 was a godsend. Hope someone makes a worthy Lancaster by the 80th anniversary in 2023.

Mohne Dam in sim; not much better in Google Maps

1 Like

Found a nice looking and fast fps flyaround place… the island of Juist, Northern Germany…

It has a little airport too

Short and narrow, but you can clear/park out at the end of the runway, rudder around abit…

1 Like

well, I didn’t, and still don’t understand it fully. The importation from Simbrief flightplan, is clearly an asset, and it works well. There is no, or i didn’t manage to find out how to do a “direct to” waypoint. Buth i worked arround the prob, and by deleting/erasing all the waypoints that are before the “direct to”, it works good too. But takes a little more time to do erase all the waypoints, rather than doing one "direct to " input.
Vnav, and Lnav worked perfectly well. I still have some flight test to do, to test the payload balance. But my first interest, is to see if it’s VATSIM flyable. Then only, dig into more technical simulation. Boeing is a total different way of thinking than Airbus

1 Like

Madeira (LPMA) to Faro (LPFR), just a little over 600 nm, first time I used the Turbo Bonanza, it was nice getting 200 ktas at FL250, made the trip easier and faster. Got to Faro just as the sun set - it was beautiful.

5 Likes

I did not have any joy leaving Ireland a couple of months ago, so your news is useful to have another go. Thanks for the feedback.

Don Quixote would be proud.

What? No windmills? teehee

1 Like

Flew from Trondheim ENOL to Are Ostersund ESNZ choosing this flight for the lousy weather and a chance to fly an ILS when the minimums were dodgy.
Everything went smoothly to begin with and I was doing my pre-flight checks holding short of the runway when a large jet appeared and landed in the pouring rain. Very realistic. Could not raise Tower for permission to take off . Took off without permission or comment from Tower so I was “punished” by not having the take off recorded in my logbook.
Climbed to assigned altitude to find icing so requested and allowed to descend 4000 ft. Using the GTN750, the navigation got very confused but ATC cleared me to the IAF and ordered me to climb to 9000 ft. Ignoring their pleas (as PIC can) descended to a suitable height before being told to descend further.
Actually the cloud cleared and I could have done a visual approach. The ILS approach worked. Landed in the dark and could not spot the marshaller who does not have his side kick with the tug and light when using the DA62X.

1 Like

continued my flight Island hopping across the Pacific, so far covering Melbourne - Christchurch - Wellington - Norfolk Island - Noumea - Fiji - Samoa - Oahu - LAX

Today was Fiji to Samoa (NFNA-NSFA) and had a quite challenging landing. Turbulence just before the threshold plus the wind shifted from a strong headwind from the right… to the left. Corrected, but really found myself drifting during that wind shift. Floated it a bit down the runway to get back on center line…ish

3 Likes

Took off from Mobile for my next leg to New Orleans, but decided to have a look at the local photogrammetry on my way out.

As I reached Biloxi, Mississippi, I saw some more nice photogrammetry to explore, including the beautiful red-roofed VA hospital complex and some more beachfront hotels.

Then came Gulfport, which looked like a smaller town than I was expecting but still very interesting.

Then things started looking more gloomy as I continued back on course towards New Orleans…

And then right after that, I got hit with a CTD (only my second or third, but still no fun), and was forced to turn around and make an emergency landing in Gulfport. My passengers and I are all safe, but some of them had second thoughts about continuing with me on this tour, and I am now having my Piper Seneca V delivered to substitute for the (now mostly empty) EMB-110 for the remainder of the tour. It will be a nice change because I’ve hardly had any time to fly the Seneca since buying it.

2 Likes

An Excerpt from My “Around The World on Single Engine” (ATW: SE) Series that I dusted off from FSX days.

LPFR to LXGB (Faro, Portugal to Gibraltar, UK) - the Turbo Bonanza makes quick work of a hop to the “Rock.” Clear weather gives a great view of the Straits and North Africa.

2 Likes

Caution: Windfarm on approach to R23 LPMA. Fortunately I didn’t have to try the harder approach from the other end as it was a long hop from St. Johns.

3 Likes

I love flying the VOR approaches/ visuals to LPMA both sides with the FBW A32nx. Having the charts is a must.