What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

I made this today.
I fabricated a fibre wood wall and glued some sectionals on it. Pretty nice huh.

7 Likes

KBID to KUUU using the (new to me) C172 JT-A, short final into R22. This mod is great - so much easier to control the engine power and no longer having to address mixture settings. And it handles less twitchier than the stock Skyhawk. Just looking forward to Gaya Simulations fixing up Block Island airport.

20210601183417_1

1 Like

Continued along the Mexican coast from Minatitlan to Ciudad del Carmen in the Seneca. Seeing the shadows of the clouds from up above and passing in and out of the sun never gets old.

1 Like

Waiting for them to return…

2 Likes

St Petersburg, FL en-route to Paris, Texas.

4 Likes

Continued my Airbus flight from Peru to…the very tip of South America.

Dawn flight Exeter EGTE to Southampton EGHI, Piper Arrow Turbo IV

5 Likes

Today we played Eye Spy in the Orbyx Optica.

ps. We have many happy memories of seeing this Futuristic Aircraft flying at Old Sarum when it was in development.

pps. Beloved Co Pilot insisted that we take her Favourite Aircraft up as well.

4 Likes

M20R Ovation, sunrise, heading Anchorage, Alaska. :grinning:

15 Likes

Great video. Check if your GPU or CPU “stuttered” a touchdown?

Investigating beta range settings in engine.cfg… they do something but can’t pinpoint it yet… :shushing_face: :thinking:

1 Like

Morning flight into Perth.

4 Likes

absolutely. I am assuming it slowed, getting me out of sync with the GS. It tried to nose down then I disengaged the AP. My inputs were then working ‘behind’ the sim (or in front). It almost never happens on my system and very very rarely at such a critical point. Suck it’s happened on such an amazing approach. This was also my second landing with a dying rudder… the sensitivity was reduced, so overreactions probably did not help.

I have sussed it out previously and it is clearly a thread bottleneck on the CPU

I read the dev version currently has DX12 being worked on. With a little joy, next update will literally be a game changer. Saw it either here or reddit… yesterday

I really wish this had a replay feature (duh)… 3/4 way throughth e high dronee shot obve the runway and couds would have been great to see the plane emerge from the clouds from that pov

what a fun approach. Managed to recover nicely. I am curious, was this an RNAV approaach? LS was selected, but nothing tuned, obscuring the ALT-DEV indicator… I still can’t figure if/when this is meant to work with approach mode. Pretty sure dialing in the descent rate as the primary procedure is not correct, but I am happy I can adapt. However just waiting to see how the plane responds is not very procedural.

Also side note… a reddit post. Someone posted a pic from a window on the final to RW16R into Sydney. Someone painted Welcome To Perth on their roof. Glorious.

1 Like

Still learning south americas.

Had a nice thunderstorm sunrise on my way lately, nice enough to left VR for one of my now rare screenshots (did someone note that there is no screenshot option in VR?).

The lightnings are above and below when I flew between this two cloud layers and is was a remarkable experience. Of course the longitude was well shaken by some serious bumps. I imagined what it would feel like with a motion rig.

8 Likes

Took a break from my coastal tour of North America to try out FSEconomy. I started out flying air taxi missions around southern California in various rented planes (a Baron, an Arrow, and a 172). Then I found an Arrow available for lease, the only catch was I had to go all the way to Alaska to pick it up, so now I’m trying to work my way back down to the Pacific northwest.

From the suburbs, mountains, and deserts east of San Diego…

To the tourist attractions of Orange County…

And back to more mountains and deserts north of Los Angeles…

And up to Alaska to pick up and bring home “my own” Arrow on a longer-term lease.

4 Likes

A quick hop from Republic Field to LaGuardia in the JT-A.

2 Likes

Tried out the Orbx Optica on my usual route - KBID to KUUU. Honestly, I like the AeroSoar version better, but it’s certainly a very polished visual model.

2 Likes

Short flight LOWI-LOWZ

5 Likes

I’m still covering ALL detailed cities in Florida, and I FINALLY finished the huge city of Jacksonville Florida.

In this 19 part series we fly over Jacksonville Florida!
Part 1 Depart from the sky Downtown Jacksonville 1:39 Basilica of The Immaculate Conception Downtown Jacksonville 4:10 VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena/121 Financial Ballpark 4:20 TIAA Bank Field 5:15 Landing Difficulty 10/10 Score 9/10

Part 2 Barney Browning Park Gateway Town Center Shopping Mall Holy Rosary Catholic School Brentwood Elementary School/Brentwood Park Blocker Junior High School/Shands UF Hospital Darnell-Cookman School of the Medical Arts Florida Department of Corrections Florida State College at Jacksonville Downtown Campus The Bethel Church Andrew A Robinson Elementary Andrew Jackson High School North Shore Elementary School Tallulah Park Landing Difficulty 7/10 Score 7/7

Part 3 Biscayne High School JCPenny FSCJ North Campus Jean Ribault High School William Raines Senior High A. Philip Randolph Career Academies New Stanton High School/Stanton College Preparatory School James P Small Park Emmett Reed Swimming Pool Landing Difficulty 10/10 Score 0/10

Part 4 Dinsmore Elementary School WW Motocross Park Whitehouse Naval Field Landing Difficulty 5/10 Score 3/5

Part 5 Normandy Park Publix/Whataburger Frank H Peterson Academies Temple Christian Academy Westside High School Oakleaf Town Center Shopping Mall Bent Creek Golf Course North Florida Kart Club Bishop John Snyder High School Jacksonville Equestrian Center Landing Difficulty 4/10 Score 2/4

Part 6 Timuquana Country Club Target Lake Shore Middle School Robert E Lee High School Home Depot Edward H White High School Jefferson Davis Middle School Adventure Landing JEB Stuart Middle School Sacred Heart Catholic Church Best Buy Landing Difficulty 3/10 Score 2/3

Part 7 Southside Park Alexandria Oaks Park Pine Forest Swimming Pool/Pine Forest Elementary School San Jose Elementary School Samuel W Wolfson High School San Jose Country Club The Bolles School Beauclerc Elementary Mandarin Middle School/Mandarin Oaks Elementary Hobby Lobby Lowes Mandarin High School Landing Difficulty 7/10 Score 7/7

Part 8 The Avenues Shopping Mall Best Buy FSCJ Deerwood Campus The Avenues & Park Avenue Office Depot Whataburger Brooks Family YMCA Twin Lakes Academy Middle School Swimming Pool(Off Baymeadows Road) Atlantic Coast High School Landing Difficulty 7/10(deadstick) Score 7/7

Part 9 Publix Target/Hodges Pointe Plaza Jacksonville Golf and Country Club Windsor Parke Golf Club UNF Golf Complex/University of North Florida Landing Difficulty(deadstick landing) 7/10 Score 7/7

Part 10 Sabal Palm Elementary Waterleaf Elementary Abess Park Elementary Home Depot Lowes Queen’s Harbour Country Club Atlantic Beach Country Club Theodore Roosevelt Area at Timucuan Preserve/Hidden Hills Golf Club Oceanway Elementary Oceanway Community Center Oceanway Middle School First Coast High School Landing Difficulty 6/10 Score 0/6 (4/6 if no glitch)

Part 11 World of Baseball Complex Pickett Elementary Biltmore Elementary/Paxon Swim Pool Kingdom Truth University Edward Waters College Eugene J Butler 7th Grade Center/Smart Pole Livingston Elementary West Jackson Elementary Annie R Morgan Elementary Reynolds Lane Elementary Landing Difficulty 6/10 Score 6/6

Part 12 Whitehouse Elementary/Whitehouse Athletic Association Prospects Academy Pinedale Elementary Mallison Park And Center/Mallison Pool Gateway Community Services Battalion Airsoft Arena The Glass Factory Downtown Jacksonville Landing Difficulty 10/10 Landing Score 0/10

Part 13 Subaru of Jacksonville Walmart(off Atlantic Blvd) Kensington Pool/Kensington Park Publix at Harbour Place Walmart(off San Pablo Rd) Alimacani Elementary Providence School of Jacksonville Patton Park Kernan Trail Elementary/Kernan Middle School Florida State College at Jacksonville South Campus Sandalwood High School Landing Difficulty(deadstick landing) 8/10 Score 8/8

Part 14 Ross(off Commerce Center Dr) Lowes(off Regency Square Blvd) AMC Regency 24/Regency Square Mall Best Buy Southside Estates Elementary River City Science Academy Love Grove Elementary/Bolles Middle School Episcopal School of Jacksonville Woodland Acres Elementary Landing Difficulty(deadstick) 2/10 Score 2/2

Part 15 Don Brewer Elementary Batting Cages/Harvest Community School Fort Caroline Community Center Fort Caroline Elementary/Fort Caroline Middle School Blue Cypress Golf Course Jacksonville University Arlington Heights Elementary Seacoast Christian Academy The Eagles Nest Banquet Hall Arlington Jr High/Arlington Middle School Terry Parker Senior High Landing Difficulty(deadstick) 9/10 Landing Score 9/9

Part 16 Windy Hills Elementary Cinemark Tinseltown Brackridge Park Walmart(off Beach Blvd) Whataburger Hogan-Spring Glen Elementary/Hope Christian Academy Memorial Hospital Staples UF Health Breast Imaging Center Emerson Schultz Center Bishop Kenny High School Landing Difficulty 10/10 Landing Score 0/10

Part 17 Target/Ashley Home Store Dillards Nordstrom Rack Florida Blue St Vincent’s Medical Center Keiser University University Christian School Southside Middle School/Greenfield Elementary Englewood High School Spring Park Elementary Baptist Health Southbank Plaza Landing Difficulty 10/10 Score 9/10 2nd landing(deadstick) Landing Difficulty 6/6 Score 4/6

Part 18 San Mateo Little League San Mateo School Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens Panama Park Long Branch Elementary School John Love Elementary School Landing Difficulty 10/10 Landing Score 0/10

Part 19 Kirby-Smith Middle School Duval Regional Juvenile Detention Center Matthew W Gilbert Middle School/Richard L Brown Gifted & Talented Academy Flossie Brunson Eastside Park/A. Phillip Randolph Heritage Park Kennedy Community Center/Kennedy Pool Confederate Park Landing Difficulty 10/10 Landing Score 9/10

4 Likes