What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Installed a very nice airport, PHHN Hana (Hawaii)

… and fly arounds EHEH with Blériot Gnome to get it logged…

1 Like

Normandie, 77th anniversary… (scenery available on flightsim.to by Sir_vAce
Caen!

Arromanches, Gold and Omaha Beaches

Longues-sur-Mer battery, north of Bayeux, Gold and Omaha Beaches

Carentan and Utah Beach

“Die ersten 24 Stunden der Invasion werden entscheidend sein … für die Alliierten und auch für Deutschland wird es der längste Tag sein (The first twenty-four hours of the invasion will be decisive…for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day.))” - Erwin Rommel to his aide, 22 April 1944; Cornelius Ryan The Longest Day: June 6, 1944 (1959)

8 Likes

Edinburgh to Milan in the Working Title CJ4 - great to have Navigraph charts on the MFD.

Routing was over the North Sea and then down over Benelux and the Rhur, but the base was pretty solid all the way until south of the Alps.

LIMO: Short Final RNY 35L on the ILS-Y approach.

3 Likes

Revisited mount Vesuvius, Naples Italy. Found an addin,

This is a BIG improvement over the default scenery.

8 Likes

Successfully completed (and live-streamed) the channel crossing from Calais to Dover in the Wing42 Blériot XI, R.I.P. variant, with damage enabled in the sim, and no navigation aids other than the sun, moon, and stars. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Zurich to Gibraltar as I continue my quest for what the Internet says are the scariest toughest landings while picking up some iconic scenery. Not so bad here but the last turn on the RNAV to 9 seems tighter than it has to be but what do I know. Next stop Madeira, then east again to Paro and Lukla. I’ve read only 17 pilots are certified for Paro. It will be 18 soon.

Not really sure why it started banking off course here.

Got a little much so had to take over. Maybe should have a little sooner but wanted to see what this modern marvel was thinking. Apparently it wasn’t.

3 Likes

Finally made a multileg trip from Kcle to Keri then to Kbuf without dropping below 30. Then wrote the log file, and bam fps in the toilet…

1 Like

If you think PARO is difficult, then try landing in CUZCO in Peru. Makes PARO seem like a walk in the park!

lol dunno if I would take their word for it… https://youtu.be/igDPP7ZwVhs

Never tried either. I’ll put it on my list.

Where did you land ?

…but if you can’t believe the internet…who can you believe?
This video burst my bubble but I’ll stay the course. Maybe I’ll call them famous now.
I saw no road to cross at Gibraltar. It was actually an easy landing. Castlegar BC was tougher. I do expect Lukla to be challenging.

Kelsey at 74Gear goes a good take down of a most dangerous airports vid.

1 Like

I landed in a field about 3 miles northwest of Dover Castle, toward Kingsdown. You can see my decision and approach in the final 8 minutes of the video here:

I just wish his Flat Earthers got themselves organized. They were going to fly into my home town and meet up here. Not that I care about flat Earthers, but his trip over Antarctica sounds great, and it would be good to chat with him.

Most importantly… with a group that size and a short shuttle bus from Tullamarine to Essendon, and we could try to book a group flight on the DC3 they have there

He is good value, It was also a good intro to DutchPilotGIrl who has some interesting vids and angle on getting more women into aviation

a quick muck around at McMurdo and vid edit test.

I believe I also found a glitch in the matrix… or the less likely poor coverage by our satellites at the pole…

3 Likes

Test flight London City Center to Heathrow, basically passing over a large number of PG areas to judge FPS impact since SU4. Not bad, at one point it dropped to about 28 fps, but for the most part stayed low to mid-30s.

4 Likes

made my first edited vid using footage from my Melbourne to LAX trip (the long way round)!

3 Likes

I played at my buddy’s house yesterday and we were trying to figure out why there was an Imperial Shuttle Star Wars ship in a landing challenge lol

4 Likes

Flew from the Maldives (VRMM) to Bali (WADD) in the Longitude. 6h15m flight with a 2245 departure and an 0800 arrival. Saw a great sunrise!

4 Likes