What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

I wanted to see if this repeats after a restart at the same location. For me, the strong winds at St Louis Downtown were gone after a game restart. Gilmer had nothing at all, happy to say.

Flew (unsurprisingly) from Jahnsi to Allalabad (both in Uttar Pradesh, India) as part of my VFR only flight from London to Darwin - first time I’ve actually gotten lost on this trip, when I mistook one river for another (and wasn’t keeping an eye on the clock) . 10-20 minutes of circling around checking the shapes of the river and I was back on track. Broken cloud, and it only started to rain as I touched down, so a pleasant flight. No screenshots, sorry.

2 Likes

Stopped just in time … for lunch break

Im thinking thats a drainage ditch but didnt want to find out for sure…
Then I putzed around Idaho a bit

And now Im downloading the new win11 update to see what they have fix’broke’ lol…

1 Like

Chasing aliens in Idaho… :nerd_face: C172 on PZ12 (where it can’t take off… I took a tail dragger for this one)

4 Likes

I was leaving Doha to Kathmandu this morning, 4h30 local and was surprised by how many Qatar airways planes were there : Live traffic was suddently real !!! In therm of quantity and precision!! But I reminded quick that I jsut intalled Doha airport freeware scenery that probably included static planes. Bahhh. I came back hard from a dream…

BUT, the flight was great, looking photo sceneries over Iran, Pakistan and the capital of India (Dheli).
Then, landing the 78X on a very cloudy Kathmandu without ILS is a good challenge. Two go-around needed… Looking forward to do this route (and others) with a A350. Realy needed.

2 Likes

Did some sight seeing south of cherry point and snaped a couple of photos:

Then I tried to do an Immelmann so I could get a few more of him but alas airspeed was insufficient and I crashed and burned lol!
Then I did this (cues up the theme from the Love Boat) bwhahahah!

2 Likes

Abu Dhabi to Ankara via Iran. Wow, the terrainis really amazing!

Today I leaned Salt Glaciers are thing… (top pic)

9 Likes

Beloved Co Pilot looked into the Hanger this morning. Mmmm,… a bit of a dilemma no less.
Shall we take the Ryan up or will it be the 170.

So we flew this lovely machine out of Oxford and spent a very happy couple of hours putting her through her paces.
Changed her Frock and had another Flight.

The 170 has a pleasant slightly weighty feel to the controls but that didn’t discourage BCP from ‘throwing’ her about.

I was permitted to land her new toy at Oxford.

Back in the Hanger the Ryan looked a bit Peeved and out of favour.
Don’t fret Sweet heart. I will take you up tomorrow, said the Beloved.
If the Ryan had had a tail it would’ve wagged off !
Coffee Time ! We watched this capable Airline Captain landing at Hamburg in a violent Storm.

Have a lovely evening Guy’s.

ps. Please don’t forget to give the Pilot a Clap !

6 Likes

I ask my co-pilot to get something out of the hangar for me and I leave with out them Bwhahahhah!

2 Likes

So you performed your Immelmann overhead the Liner ?
We’re thinking that the passengers were standing on the deck looking up and saying,…
Well,… That Manoeuvre is most unbecoming of of an Airliner !
Regards and have a good evening or whatever it happens to be where ever you are.

ps Here’s the Vulcan doing an unseemly Barrel Roll. The Pilot was later Told ‘Orf’ for performing the manoeuvre because it was ‘Unbecoming of a Bomber’ !

1 Like

I was to the left front of the liner in the caravan lol I knew it was going to be a mistake before I did it but oh well thats what simulators are for ROFL

2 Likes

I did some of the new landing challenges today.

I found that one of the newer ones has a glitch where live players can be seen. They try to mess with people when they land. It’s kind of funny. I could get mad but I did it a few times, and they were really good in terms of timing flying directly in front of me right when I’m trying to land in the zone. It’s not really a fair playing level but, not that big of a deal to me. It’s still fun.

2 Likes

@jonasbeaver

You sir, are GREAT at landing challenges my dude. Some of your scores…WOW. Just wanted to give you a shout out man :slight_smile:

Taking some screenshots over Sri Lanka… turned out to be second choice for the weekly challenge, so let’s post them here…

2 Likes

At Vaasa EFVA last night, as I was preparing to taxi, a voice came on ATC, asking for permission to taxi. Looking around, I spotted a large jet pushing back. Having got permission to taxi, I followed it keeping well clear. Very immersive. The aircraft ahead (going to Helsinki) entered the runway. The spell was broken when it did not depart and ATC gave me clearance to take off…

1 Like

I guess I should have taken screenshots, but I reached a milestone of 500 hours on the FBW A320NX LEAP airbus and decided to fly from KSAN to KBFI. Nothing like landing on Boeing Field with an Airbus to celebrate the Airbus milestone achievement.

6 Likes

A350-900

3 Likes

Taking a break from my almost-completed European Capitals tour in the CJ4 decided to “rent” a C172 from Reykjavik to tour Iceland. Have the Orbx Iceland Mesh installed and the scenery is spectacular and looking entirely natural. Screenshot is at 1098 so not super hi-res.

(Yes I know Iceland isn’t Europe but it made a convenient finale to the exercise).

1 Like

Stopped at Marshall Islands International Airport in Majuro this evening. It prompted gave me to learn a little about atoll islands and this island’s history in particular. Very curious places.

The airport is that white strip area at about off the upper left of the sun reflection (10:00).

5 Likes