What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Sunrise:

Later in the day:

This evening Snow in Colorado in this heat (live weather on)?:

6 Likes

Skardu to Agra. I didn’t fly IFR so had to convince them to let me land. Pretty sopped in. Then a reckless random tour looking for the Taj Mahal. Finally saw something in the horizon and headed for it.

5 Likes

NTTE - Tetiaroa Airport (TTI) located in Tetiaroa, French Polynesia, France

5 Likes

This morning we took ‘Good Grief’ for a Bush Trip and did some Tree Cutting.

Returned for Breakfast after BCP earned a Hip Hip Hurray for making a near perfect approach and landing, had our Morning Coffee and watched FightswithJ’s great little Film featuring the Carenado
170 with some vintage black and white footage.

8 Likes

I continued the Nevada Bush Trip, saw something interesting and gently pushed the stick down to take a closer look. “Game over, overstressed the aircraft”. No warning what so ever. I guess I need to leave the speed indication up. Very different from the Bonanza, much less sensitive and a lot of shaking before it overstresses.

1 Like

Ive had the happen with the Caravan, do a gentle alt decrease and turn and the plane falls apart. I discovered that by not redlining the prop rpm and keep the mixture on the leaner side and speed below 148knts it doesnt happen.

So next time slow down before you try that maneuver.

1 Like

Landed at Barakoma Airfield on the island Vella Lavella in the Solomon Islands. In addition to Vella Lavella being the WW2 base for several US Navy and Marine units, it was the base for Gregory “Pappy” Boyington’s F4U Corsair squadron. The AGBA airfield is not found in MSFS data. Valla Lavella is called Vela la Cava in the TV show “Black Sheep Squadron”

3 Likes

@jonasbeaver

You sir, are GREAT at landing challenges my dude. Some of your scores…WOW. Just wanted to give you a shout out man :slight_smile:

@JoylessTunic738
I have no idea where this comes from but I appreciate it!
I’m sure I could do better if I had a rig that gets me more than 20fps, lol but its fun.

2 Likes

It comes from the heart! lol

No, I had done some of the newer landing challenges and some of the older ones and I have roughly 30 friends on MSFS and out of all of them, you are the best on the landing challenge scores. I like to use other’s scores as benchmarks to try and surpass but some of your scores are so high I won’t even dream of trying to match them but I can be proud that I’m friends with someone who has them.

See you in the skies friend!

Just flew into SimVenture at Oshkosh on Pilot Edge.
https://www.pilotedge.net/pages/simventure

Used the steam gauge 172 since that’s what I’m checked out in irl. Made the transition at Green Lake following traffic:

I tried to follow as best I could, but the sim lagged a couple times. I was worried it had even frozen once and the sim was going to crash, but it resumed thank goodness. I lost sight of the traffic ahead of me though. So then I was hunting for all the landmarks on the ground coming into Fisk. Made it into Fisk, and got 36L from approach. I need to work on my radio management skills. Trying to screw with the radio frequencies while maneuvering wasn’t working and I was all over the place for a bit. Apologies to whoever was behind 363MA. Tower gave me the purple dot and said I had a beautiful touchdown. Well, that made my day.

I highly recommend everyone interested jump on this event. It goes through this weekend. The Oshkosh controllers participating in the event were amazing, encouraging and made the experience feel real. I’ve been to somewhere between 25 and 30 AirVentures over the years and flown in several times in the backseat, so it was a pretty incredible experience to get see what it’s like. Maybe I’ll try it for real someday.

Closest plane angled a bit is me. I love the all the little touches on the add-on scenery, like Draco (RIP) parked off to the right.

EAA Ford Trimotor making the rounds was super sweet too

Definitely join in if you get the chance. Having lots of pilots coming in at the same time is what really makes it.

6 Likes

Noticed that… most GA’s are vulnerable for fast descend. The legacy models… Cessna’s too… ICON… as a rule of thumb, I always stop accellerating downward, when the vertical speed gauge goes near the end of its scale… tap elevator up key a few times, flaps up and set out for a flyaround to get nearer to the scenery.

I changed to descending the proper way, with throttle control. The lighter the aircraft the more immediate the effect it seems, makes sense. No more over stressed problems.

The Nevada bush flight is kinda boring so far though, follow the endless road at 90 IAS, otw to Bishop.

I guess there is no multiplayer in bush flights? I turned on multiplayer but so far haven’t seen anyone yet.

1 Like

Haven’t noticed other players on the Finland islands trip… I switched mutiplayer on before starting the attempt. It seems landing challenges are multiplayer though… On Isafjördur I have seen aircraft… fun

1 Like

Flying over St Marys Georgia, learned that the St Marys Airport is now defunct for national security purposes, but I also noticed the most obvious transition from photogrammetry to not.

Check out at the 8:25 mark and look at a great example of great detail vs standard-

1 Like

Coming back from our Morning Flight we had a Misfire issue with the Ryan.

After making the joke Sreen shot BCP found a Video of her latest Object of Desire so we put the Coffee on and settled down to watch this.

3 Likes

Watched as the co-pilot landed the plane. Well, I say landed. Approached at a very low level (50ft from 2 nm out) almost flat at approximately 45° angle to the runway and ploughed into the trees.
Think the co-pilot needs their licence taking away.

A cool 70 minute flight from Sioux Falls, SD (KFSD) down to Stillwater, OK (KSWO) for an RNAV approach to runway 17 - where it was 32C and sustained 25kt winds from the south! Bounced us around on short final. YT vid link:

3 Likes

Found this while I was waiting for the system to come back up…Its either P3D for FSX but this is my former cockpit:

Kind of hillbilly but it got the job done ROFL!!!

5 Likes

Today i did plan my Warbird World Tour and did fly the first couple flights on it.

6 Likes

not directly MSFS20920 related… just had my 3rd Captcha in a row asking to identify the images including planes. Coincidence!!!