What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

I followed the VFR approaches and looked for the VFR checkpoints in the YVR area.

I was comparing from a real life.

Too many trees but otherwise pretty ■■■■ good.

Powerlines could be easier to see. That is being pretty freaking picky lol.

RL powerlines on VFR approach cyxx

Courthouse CZBB

Chilliwhack Mountain Fraser River VFR route.

Racetrack west of CYXX

Island off CYPK

Looking north while taking off rwy 07 CYCW

4 Likes

I made a cold and dark start and entered a route in the G5000 of the Cessna Citation Longitude from EHAM to KJFK and departed from Schiphol. The flight will be chopped into pieces. I can’t simulate spare time to fly :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I love the aircraft but there’s still so much that can be improved in the simulation version.

2 Likes

Flew a short night VFR flight from KBVY to KBOS not realizing that one of the latest sim updates had reverted my AI Radio/Comms assistance setting back to default (on). This provided an interesting unannounced trip into the Bravo. I really hope that MSFS will create better integration with VATSIM especially as it pertains to flight logs and comms. In any case, here’s the flight:

3 Likes

Many thanks. I shall look further at the website. Much appreciated.

1 Like

after the trip from Kabul to Bangkok, flew back with an empty plane and leaving her parked and open overnight at the gate.

5 Likes

More landing shenanigans, A320 at Courchevel and Lukla

Approach to Courchevel LFLJ from Geneva

Runway in sight, that hill is a bit in the way

Successful landing, although not on the firs attempt (too low RIP)

The perspective is deceiving while coming in at low speed, no speed left to correct, do or die

Works when aiming a bit higher than I would normally approach a runway at, the upward slope messes with your brain. It makes it look extremely short as well!

It was dark in the Himalayas, departure from Paro, not looking good

The very definition of a fool’s errand

Well I found it, 10 seconds before slamming into the mountains

It might be do-able without fog, with runway lights

Couple attempts with a weather preset later

Even in an emergency, just don’t

Still impressed with how stable it is landing at 115 knots with default load out, yet those upward sloping runways make for a rough landing. Fun practice. Should be easy now in a GA plane :slight_smile:

6 Likes

this days replay fps games, so i don’t fly, but spitfire was updated so test some

5 Likes

Paris - France

9 Likes

While arriving at KEFD watching a plane overtaking me getting a turnaround.

And enjoying the view to KSMO

3 Likes

Tried the SamScenery New York scenery and scooted around the city. Good, easy on FPS. Needs active helipads on ground and rooftops (I’m one of a minority), needs to make the Chrysler building less pointy (gosh, I’m picky). The active cable cars remind me of the ORBX London scenery - nice touch. Soon plan to tour in the city. Why has nobody made an ersatz NYPD livery for the 135?

6 Likes

I visit this forum daily and check out this thread often. These sir, are some of the best screen shots I have seen. Good stuff.

6 Likes

Thx SIR !!

2 Likes

Yeah surely that thing is not flying any more…

What did I do in MSFS today? Hit a mountain. :woozy_face:

2 Likes

I tested out landing at Saba TNCS. I didn’t think it would be possible, it isn’t. However after kicking out all the passengers and luggage, just two pilots and 6% fuel, landing speed of 90 knots

Nothing is impossible!

I already landed at St Barts TNCE before, recorded it this time

4 Likes

This Jurassic Park scenery is beyond awesome! Finally someone dared to had a cool idea for some exotic (and even fictional) scenery enhancement instead of making the 999 000 000 000 000 000st casual standard landmark that looks alluring on a screenshot but is forgotten 3 to 5 seconds after putting it into the community folder :smiley:

And I did a landing challenge in Nepal, reminds me of old Far Cry 4 days.

So this is the base camp for hikers - good luck climbing on Mount Everest.

6 Likes

Be fierce, Ajay!

1 Like

found my plane were I left it at Kabul overnight. Maxed out Passengers, then fuel and cargo… it was a looong takeoff to Munich

Had to manage climberate and speed carefully to make it over the mountains

a beautiful early morning departure.

I see they just saved time and went digital camo pattern on the whole country. Why am I not surprised we have funky imagery of that area!?!?

Over mountains in Azerbaaijan at my max altitude, turbulence sent me up 1000ft, AP shut off and I lost ‘stability’. Had to nose down 2000ft to pickup speed, then reengaged the AP. The rest was uneventful

3 Likes

Last night I flew to Hobart in Tasmania, awesome weather on landing

And this morning to Donegal

The servers seem to be down again. Ground textures are back to offline mode, Azure text to speech copped out as well. Live weather and multiplayer still seem to be working (for now) Not sure what’s going on with Azure, no map data yesterday afternoon either. Also the world map just shows off-line data ugliness. (Connected to East USA server, everything on, plenty bandwidth)

6 Likes

Maybe a Teredo check? There is a lot of ip6 going on in the sim. Could maybe be bugging?