What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Yay, gained ground on Pilot2ATC - it hears me and we talk. Now to get acquainted with what to say and which time to say it. I was ready to pull out what’s left of my hair this time last week. Nice flight with some ATC around South Dakota and Wyoming. The default Devil’s Tower seemed to elude me, seems I have to fly up real close in order for it to appear. Is that normal?

4 Likes

Took a tour of the airstrips in and around Guadeloupe!

4 Likes

I flew out to that little island strip from the main island airport. Just lovely. Have to fly back now. Cheers!

Hope you grabbed the free scenery on Flightsim.to! Makes a big difference.

Exactly. Of course the little strip’s parking (where the ground guys were) was an extremely tight turn.

Went KSEZ-KPHX for a sunset flight in the Mooney.
I don’t watch my FPS but with all the slew of mods I have installed I got playable framerate. All a mix of high/ultra on a gaming laptop with a 2060 and i7 9th gen.

9 Likes

Today I flew 483 nautical miles across the Pacific, on my XCub world tour.

I’d arrived ot Lord Howe Island a couple of days ago, flying the 318 nm leg east from Australia. My intention was to fly on to Norfolk Island yesterday, but the ‘live’ weather looked questionable, and I ran the risk of finding it covered in cloud. Definitely not good when there is no possible diversion. Land there or swim.

Checking today, the weather looked much better, so off I went. Lord Howe Island is a volcanic remnant, with just enough room for a 2,900 ft runway.

Out over the Pacific, well over 200 miles from anywhere.

Landing at Norfolk Island. A fair bit bigger and flatter than Lord Howe Island, with two runways, one 6,700 ft long. A former penal colony, later used to rehouse Pitcarn Islanders, who probably felt right at home.

I lowered my flaps earlier than I needed too, as my straight-in approach took rather a long time. Slowing down to 50 kt in a 20 kt headwind has that effect. Fortunately the wind was straight down the runway.

My next leg will take me southeast to New Zealand. 453 nm to the nearest airport, but at least I’ll have alternatives if I get there and find that one clouded over. I’ll check the weather carefully first, all the same.

4 Likes

CVYR - KLAX IFR

All well but since the last update my Thrust Reverser button is not working. Overcame that. I also have the audible landing gear warning, even though it is deployed. I sucked it back in, lowered it again… to no avail

LAX approach from the mountains… JUST WOW! Amazing scenery, amazing geography and not enough trees in urban areas. Tokk the opportunity to learn about . Mono Crater lake… it looked volcanic and I was not disappointed. Definitely going to have to go back and do some low level VFR.

A by the book landing, before a quick manual fly around, including in formation with a few other simmers not appearing to be on a FP.

Sat in the tower for awhile watching traffic

Then “landed” on the Los Angeles freeway. The 747-8 JUST fits. Obviously it detected it as a crash with terrain, but I had a chance to look around in VR and had about a meter to spare on both wingtips.

I had this in mind…

1 Like

Typed in “Kyoto Scenery MSFS 2020” and what did I find? Good ol’ Ochiai from FSX days. His work looks great and is not demanding on FRs. I downloaded Kyoto and saw this on a test flight:

He even added the large temple at Nara

1 Like

Omg how do u do to your sun have glare??? In mine, the sun is an white ball (even in a rtx 3080).

1 Like

IFR flight for FSEconomy with the C208, real time and real weather. Left in the rain, climbed above the clouds but arrived in dry weather. Wasn’t too cold, -2 °C at 7000 ft AMSL, so didn’t have too much crazy icing this time.

From Luton (EGGW) to Gloucester (EGBJ).

Half way through, I tried to set the approach provided by ATC, but I did a few things wrong and suddenly I was headed somewhere else. So couldn’t use the flight plan for the rest and didn’t figure out how to get it back. But it worked out eventually, ATC just put me on the LOC and all was well.

Great fun.

Note: I used the C208 mods and G1000 working title mod.

1 Like

On my South-American tour…nice weather and all…

…and 10 minutes later…

NICE!!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :imp:

1 Like

Flew over russian wilderness in -19F/-29C

The cold sky is so fantastic here.

I got blanketed by what looks like cold front or something?

4 Likes

Dunno, I have not changed any settings. Usually at default Ultra.

KJAX - Jacksonville International Airport :rofl:

1 Like

Waiting for new Airliner ))

I used that Google enhance software to improve the Nagoya high school I taught at, 88-90, and the neighborhood I lived in at the time. It looked OK default, but this is super.

3 Likes

what is google enhance software, Capt?

1 Like

Uses Google Earth data maybe

1 Like
2 Likes