KVNY - LAFD Air Ops, tower and Condor parking spots, Clay Lacy

Auschwitz-Birkenau
Severn River Bridges

4 Likes

Saying to pilot to be happy like the plane :joy: … Bush trip in Patagonia

6 Likes

finally completed this one:

k4zsfU3T5B

Took a while since one of the planes didn’t register, and I couldn’t find any info on which one was missing. Ended up being the TBM.

6 Likes

nice chuckle in the morning. Cheers!

Ran out of fuel here.

PACO572

3 Likes

Is that North Korea? That stadium looks familiar.

2 Likes

Supreme Leader Un will take care of you…

4 Likes

Trying to hack my way into being able to set the time / weather when loading a saved flight. Some progress was made, but no success.

1 Like

Installed my new RTX 3070 :grin:
Looks insane on my new 34" Lenovo WQHD curved monitor, detail is amazing!
Most settings up to Ultra, steady 30-35 FPS, much less stuttering than before with my old GTX 970.

So I’m just flying along minding my own business… and I notice a black spot. After some troubleshooting, I find its A DEAD PIXEL! On a brand new monitor :rage:
Spoke to the store of purchase, taking it back tomorrow. This is the second Lenovo product I’ve had to return in 3 weeks due to a defect (other was a 10" tablet). My advice, DON’T BUY LENOVO.
Rant over :wink: Happy flying

1 Like

Most manufacturers will have a posture regarding dead pixels. Some will allow for up to 3 dead pixels, as long as they are stuck off, and not white.

https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/solutions/ht002800-what-if-defective-pixel-is-found-on-your-montior-policy-and-standard-lenovo-monitors-and-all-in-one-desktop

Reading the table on their website (monitor section) it seems I’m eligible for a replacement. I spoke to the store I purchased it from and they said bring it back.
Also, what country are you in? They maybe have different rules depending on country of purchase

That website is a US based one I would guess. I live in the UK. I also just noticed that link applies to a thinkpad laptop, and not a monitor, so this is likely misleading.

Good news on the replacement, though! :slight_smile:

Even if you would never spot it while flying, you would still know it was there, and it would grate! :wink:

I’ll update my post with a link that has a table, which may be the one you were referring to, and is applicable to monitors, as well as all in one systems.

It looks like its all class based, so ideally you want 0, or 1. Never buy a class 3 product from Lenovo. :grinning:

Today I finally got the “My Way” achievement to pop in the A320Neo (OMDB>HECA)
I’ve flown countless trips with exactly the same parameters and behaviour and I’m still unable to pinpoint why it decided to award the achievement now rather than any of the flights before.

Quite happy to have got it done though

Added a WIP F-16 today - more info at https://flightsimsquadron.com/2021/01/21/updated-f-16/

After a day of the Drzewiecki Design DC download constantly quitting I decided never to use the Marketplace. I’ll go back to buying directly from the maker or my trusty stores. Went to ORBX and the puppy downloaded in just a few minutes.

It tested out really well. I also found that my Bing photogrammerty (sp?) had turned off. So it’s back on.
Very disappointing was that they left out the USMC Memorial in Arlington. WTF?

2 Likes

thought about making an EU Customs and border control livery on a Eurofighter and patrolling the English channel lol

intercept and guide them back to their… sovereign airspace (why is the better word esc*rt aka ■■■■■■ blacking out???)

also related, though more on topic… Why is it that Heathrow is the only airport WITHOUT FAIL another simmer will attempt to ram me on the ground. There are antics at most airports, but for some reason Heathrow’s pilot behavior seems consistently poor. Reminding me… I REALLY hope once this hit’s x-box they are on a different or optional server

2 Likes

Flying through Belize. Central America needs a LOT of work graphically, but it’s still pretty in places.

2 Likes

I don’t know about the X-Box people, but I have a feeling they are no different from those on our server. Serious while others are loons and jerks.

Life is much better w/o multi-player. If I want to have other people, I guess I’ll do VATSIM (hopefully I’ll get over my stage fright). TBH, I don’t know if we have to turn on our multi-player to see the VATSIM people or if it’s a separate server. I hope so.

Don’t forget you now have the F-15 to clobber them with as well. Cheers!

Your hole looks better than mine.

Took my first flight in the 747 today. Did Seattle to Heathrow. A Couple of minor bugs popped up, but I managed to get her landed with all souls on board safely.

Only 1.5 hours from the 100.

1 Like