What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

flat-earthers’ paradise

1 Like
1 Like

What did I do today? Finish a few sceneries, especially for the barren arctic landscape. They use default objects so far. Here they are:
CYVM - Qikiqtarjuaq, Nunavut airfield addition (Missing in default scenery):

CYVM - Cape Dyer, Nunavut airfield addition (Missing in default scenery):

Careful flying in the latter two with the snow making the horizon disappear. Everything looks grey/white, especially the hill at the south end of the CYVM runway, among other natural hazards around the apron :slight_smile:

I also released an enhancement to the default CYGK Kingston Scenery:
CYGK - KINGSTON ONTARIO enhancement:

More to come as my goal is to create a lot of ex-DEW Line airstrips across the arctic.

2 Likes

Continued to look around for (and land at when possible) more schools and other landmarks from my childhood. My success rate on landing taildraggers in tight spots is still 50/50, so I’m very thankful for finding the Zenith CH701 and the Rotax 915 modified JMB VL3. If the Zenith is the “Sky Jeep”, then the VL3 is the “Sky Miata”. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Flew from Dushanbe, Tajikistan, to Kashgar, China.

VFR Dushanbe (UTDD) to Kashi (ZWSH).pln (2.7 KB)

An amazing trip which took just over 3 hours in the JF Arrow. Live weather, cold, dodging cloud cover, and from WP3 onwards it was the closest I’ve seen so far what it might be like to fly over Mars. Such amazing geology there. Just remember to take enough fuel. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

2 Likes

Aha - Broken wings :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Any idea the cause of the ctd?

Any clue how TAS can be lower than IAS? Is that a side effect from ground effect?

I’m using the ground effect to save fuel and save the plane, brought down by icing. The clouds are all the way up to my altitude limit, headwinds top to bottom. I’m also fighting a memory leak, perhaps fog related. At least the water is nice and calm at 82 degrees North, no icebergs, no ice.

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken, IAS to TAS conversion depends on pressure and temperature. The base air pressure is quite high (30.28 inHg) and you’re very low (10 feet), so this can cause the TAS to be below the IAS instead of above it, where it would normally be at higher altitudes/lower pressures.

Someone more familiar with the calculation can confirm. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sunrise flight into Auckland.

Had to go around once, but it was worth it.

5 Likes

First leg of my Capitals of Europe Tour in the CJ4, home (EGNT) to Amsterdam Schipol. After an unsuccessful attempt yesterday I was all ready to accept an IFR clearance (still trying to master these!) but then ATC gave me a vectored visual approach!

Then got a lift over to Lelystad EHLE and rented a C152 to do some proper sightseeing around the area. I plan to do this at all my destinations, will try to remember to take some screenshots.

2 Likes

Lots of googling around…today I tried to find a transparent object for Blender that works in the sim,

For me it only happens in VR, I rarely get CTD’s in 2D. It seems to be a combination of Reverb G2 headsets and Radeon 6000 series GPUs, possibly also with X570 chipset motherboards. Reverb G2 owners with high end Ryzen CPU’s and nVidia 3080/3090 cards don’t seem to have this problem.

I practiced flying through some air race pylons in Budapest, Hungary! These are the mods that I used. Air Race Pylons - 2018 Red Bull Air Race World Championship • Microsoft Flight Simulator for the air race and HungaryVFR FS2020 - Scenery - Threshold for the scenery and bridges

1 Like

Night touch and go’s at my home 'drome, KRME.

2 Likes

I finished my Patagonian bushtrip adventure.
Absolutely stunning scenery, however there were a few spikes in the scenery though. I thought Asobo fixed those?
image image image image image image image image image

1 Like

Take off from Karlsruhe Baden-Baden Airport EDSB

3 Likes

Thanks so much, right on touchdown, rolled off the runway behind the very important message

1 Like

First flight in the A32NX as a standalone. Had to reset and reinstall it when there were no sounds (cockpit or engines). Then, magic all the way into LA. OK, I fibbed. It still has that AP veering action. I have to avert it by tapping lightly on the control column. If I don’t the plane does a complete circle.

3 Likes