What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

After a few months concentrating on the Citation Longitude and the B787, I flew the C172 with the G1000 and was really rusty. I had a hard time figuring out how to put in a popup ILS approach, but finally got it done.

I learned how to fly the camera drone and flew over my house. It’s pretty easy once you get a game controller set up. Thanks to the You Tube videos on all of the above.

3 Likes

Giving the new Working Title G3000 with TCAS (yeah!) a spin - a quick reposition from Miami Exec to Palm Beach - sunshowers everywhere, even a rainbow.

4 Likes

The sky is half empty.

FS was humming today - it was almost like old FSX for a while. Departing Miami Exec, I was jockeying for first position to depart with a Mooney (generic model), then both of us held for an inbound. Exiting the pattern, sunshowers everywhere which matched actual Live WX across the area. Mugz performance mod made the TBM handle like the graceful turbo it is. Even saw a rainbow as showers were peppering Palm Beach.

5 Likes

Highlights of yesterday’s leg from Bar Harbor to Cape Cod:

Getting close to Boston

Over Cambridge, looking for Harvard University

Following the “hook” of Massachusetts toward Cape Cod

On final to Provincetown

Then this morning while I was waiting for my passengers to wake up, I rented an Arrow III for some pattern practice before dawn. Managed to catch the moon setting before sunrise.

We finally took off at sunrise, and had a look at the Pilgrim Monument and Nantucket before turning west along the southern edge of Long Island towards Monmouth Executive in Belmar, New Jersey.

2 Likes

Been messing around a bit with Cessna-L19 … what are all these cars doing on my Afsluitdijk…

3 Likes

Today i have found nice ‘live wather’ bug at KIWA airport :grinning:

2 Likes

Flew from Charlotte NC (KCLT) to Memphis TN (MEM) operating the American Airlines A320. Came across some strong turbulence during the flight but ended with a very nice descent into Memphis.

Somewhere 32,000ft in the air

Descending into Memphis

4 Likes

Loving that Global Freightways livery on the Longitude! Kind of reminds me of the Northwest Airlines 727 I flew on in 1995.

2 Likes

Roadkill

4 Likes

Had an amazing flight today. I started at LFMT, Montpellier, a city at the south coast of France. Following the coast east I headed towards the big harbor city Marseille. Wow, is what I thought and enjoyed the magnificent views I had.
From Marseille I changed my heading north and followed the river “Durance” up until the point where the river made its way to the east. My journey continued north following Highway N85 into the mountains. At the Lac du Sautet reservoir I peeked north over the cliff and watched the beautiful sanctuary “Notre Dame de la Salette”. After a few circles and breathtaking views I left in a western direction. At an altitude of 9000ft I cleared the mountains and shortly after I started my descent and landed at Aéroport Valence-Chabeuil, LFLU.
ETE: 1h30m @ 150kts

Marseille

6 Likes

Just getting used to my new stick and throttle (Thrustmaster) and learning the CJ4.

5 Likes

As part of my European trip I took the CJ4 into Sheremetyeva (amazed ATC actually used the title, it’s a mouthfull!) - yes I know Moscow isn’t really Europe but i was passing!!! Initially gave me an approach into 06 when everything else was using 24 (there’s 3 parallel runways), then the Collins wouldn’t lock onto the ILS so went missed approach. Incrediby busy, could hardly get a radio call in, but eventually self positioned onto ILS for 24R, which ended up being offset about 100m, before a greaser landing and a 20 min taxi to the parking.

Later decided to do a tour of the city, using the drone. Not sure if Moscow has had special treatment but the detail was amazing, the landmarks stunning and even very ordinary blocks of flats having great detail, one chosen completely at random had a balcony with a sun umbrella on it. I could see that the shops actually showed items for sale in the windows! It’s definitely worth making the effort to see it.

4 Likes

Tried to fix it AGAIN :pensive:

1 Like

4 Likes

Had a nice sunrise takeoff from Monmouth, and proceeded to follow the Jersey shore south towards Maryland and Virginia. So much densely packed (and expensive I’m sure) housing along the barrier islands/peninsulas.

Reached Atlantic City and decided to circle around a bit to see the sights.

After passing Chincoteague I decided to turn inland a ways and follow highway 13 the rest of the way to Norfolk and Newport News.

Turns out there’s supposed to be a tunnel here, that’s why the bridge looks so funky.

Finally reached Norfolk, and was about to do some sightseeing around it and Newport News before landing at Hampton Roads Executive for the day, but this was when FS decided to throw me my first ever CTD. My passengers and I got down safely though, and the plane’s systems will be patched up in time to fly again tomorrow morning, so I’ll do my sightseeing run tomorrow instead.

5 Likes

just organized, again, all the impulse downloads from flightsim.to

Happiness is stabilized, on final with good glideslope and on speed. KUUU RWY4 at dusk.

3 Likes

Newport/Jamestown/Narragansett Bay at Dusk. A spin with the B36.

3 Likes

It was really a long time since my last flight on fs’20… I didn’t choose the “best ever” plane to do it (the “infamous” 787 :smile: ), but I tried not to think about the problems and enjoy the flight, which went better than any expectation I have to say . A nice night flight

With a very foggy landing

6 Likes