What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

After almost a year of Boeing and Airbus flights, the Greenland tour (using Air Hauler 2) continued from BGJN (Ilulissat) to BGUQ (Qaarsut), about 100nm or so.

This time I took the Milviz PC-6, as I’d not used it in a long while. In AH2, you have to buy one and have it delivered, so that’s what I did, a “brand new” one.

Wait what? what do you mean there’s no ILS? :sweat_smile:

Hand flying it in, great fun, -11.91fpm according to Volanta - I’ll take that, though probably could have done with Skis! it was a snow packed runway.

No problem stopping with the reverses though and the tundra config seemed to cope ok with it.

Weather still good but supposed to change significantly at the weekend.

4 Likes

I practiced my parking and stealth skills.

4 Likes

avoiding thunderstorm near katmandou with my caravan

then flew bit north west of argentina

finishing the day in king air 350, visiting various places

7 Likes

Gara Medouar, Morocco. So, I wanted to see what Bing Data World Graphics image quality looks like around Spectre headquarters as seen in the James Bond film Spectre. Photogrammetry ON, Objects and Terrain LOD 200, Anti-Aliasing TAA, DX11, etc. The Bing Data image of this obscure, point of interest is dissapointing. Note: James Bond was chauffeured to Gara Medouar in a 1948 Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith. I used the Daher TBM 930. Flight track added from Littlenav Map.

4 Likes

Flew the Cessna 170B from EGPI to EGDA

1 Like

Took out the Fenix for a stroll.
The first challenge was deciphering the waypoint codes for the flight plane, a task for ancient Egypt fans who stand before the hieroglyphics wondering what they mean. I wanted to fly the classic 8 just to test if the landing behaviour of the Fenix is as bad as some people have written on the Discord (I personally have never encountered any problems with gusts but yes the Fenix autoland seem to don´t flare anymore but get down with 600-800 feet per minute on the variometer, that´s true).

Looks very promising!

Very good - the curve is not too steep for full flaps and gear out! It looked more aggressive on the ND but in reality it was very smooth and an easy turn.

Now coming in for approach…

A very strong gust kicked out the autopilot that´s why the Fenix needed more cats! CAT3 Dual. But the stabilized approach is only 5 miles away from the airport this landing will fail. Unfortunately it was impossible to create a better flight plan because there were no waypoints 30nm away from the airport to activate some nice STAR, the ND was total empty - not even a VOR absolut nothing. I was too lazy to create a custom waypoint with the heading of the runway in 30 - 40 miles distance and I thought I can make it…

But it just did not descent down to the runway, probably VNAV did not work because of the bad approach angle and the approach page not activated on the MCDU, so nice view from above on the runway :smiley:

5 Likes

Did not try with Vatsim today, just a leisurely flight from Greater Rochester Intl (KROC) to Youngstown-Warren Rgnl (KYNG)

5 Likes
2 Likes

Tried to fly FACT FYHW. But CTD after one hour and half. I guess was a server related issua as a friend have also a CTD at the same time, so just one of us could make it.

Some pressure on Seattle approach :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Flew the Cessna 170B from EGDA to EGRT

1 Like

Test flying Orbx’s PAC750 X-STOL for an upcoming review :open_book:

4 Likes

Continuing my Australia - Nepal flight in the PAC750. No live weather clouds today :roll_eyes:
But luckily the actual weather in Queensland Australia today is pretty clear

4 Likes

Flew the Cessna 170B from EGRT to EGEC

1 Like

Took the a319 from EGEC to EGNS

1 Like

Updated to beta and confirmed a couple bugs fixed: the “speed flap” negative flap setting on the Flight Design CTSL now works correctly in SU11! Sometimes the little things are nice. :smiley:

1 Like

Flew the a319 from EGNS to EKVG

1 Like

Quick accident victim pick-up in Rennes. Cool how it was raining. Realized I can turn OFF the flare smoke for photo taking.

6 Likes

Did you take the ferry from the airport to the hotel? :crazy_face:

Checking out Canada’s future Navy…

5 Likes