What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

I use the 787 XE mod and I haven’t had any issues with the switch. I do find occasionally the switches don’t take right away just have to click it a couple times. Cutting off the injector switches behind the throttle is how I turn engines off on the airliners. There is the auto engine off option however I find that turns the APU off as well.

Was testing newly purchased Rex Weather Force, yesterday, and it was sluggish to insert at first.

Then, it kicked in just as the weather said for Fukuoka
It was even better today in San Diego and on the way to Kona

2 Likes

Personally my favorite.

Great! I’ll try the xe mod. Thanks a lot!!

1 Like

Had some fun in Innsbruck, the night lighting is fixed for the most part finaly.

7 Likes

a quick dawn flight Melbourne - Hobart
fricken FP vanished half way through the flight. A last second remprogram and it refused to catch the GS.

Got it down by hand… but c’mon I am getting very tired of these vanishing plans mid flight, or just before takeoff

finished my VR research… from what I gather, the Oculus Quest 2 is the way to go… wireless, solid performer and best in class… unless you wish to pay double for a 10% better experience.

I FULLY expect it to be a metric tonne better than the Dell Visor - Please tell me if this is incorrect, or my selection. I hate facebook, but I like accurate head tracking even more (I think that is a big diff with the HP)

I am not ordering it for another few days, so if you have something to add… please do so now!

Many thanks to the posters in the FS forums who have discussed this issue and helped inform about the pro’s/con’s

1 Like

MSFS March 2nd Hotfix [1.13.17.0] Fixed the flaps issue that was introduced in World Update 3.
Today we conducted a short local flight at the beautiful Zell am See Airport. The main purpose is to test the update effect of the new C152-mod and the performance of the free playback software sky dolly.
MSFS supports the playback function, and both payware and freeware have playback software that supports 2020. By the suggestion of my good friend @YEN Studio, I used sky dolly, and I can choose the recording accuracy and playback speed. The actual test results are very good. No significant stuttering occurred. Due to lack of experience, recording accuracy is not high, there may be very occasional stuttering.
For today’s flight, take off from LOWZ, turn right to join downwind, continue to turn right to join base, and perform two 50-foot pass flights. Landing on the third lap.
The editing uses a method of alternating perspectives, please enjoy.

5 Likes

Flew from Denver to San Diego

3 Likes

I think I learned not to turn off Rex Weather Force in mid-play and then back on. If not, something made it carry the 73 knot winds from FL340 down to the surface. I was landing at Kona, which should have been 9 knot winds, in more like 73 knot winds… Things to learn about the quirks of software.

3 Likes

SKRG - SEQM, real weather, real time, G2 VR,TBM930 (w. improvement mod)

My first true bad weather approach. Deep clouds to the ground, heavy rain but fortunately only mild wind at 6/7kt. Everything was grey. I saw the runway from less than a half mile and 300ft.

To be honest, I got pulse. Synthetic vision helps me through.

Did I mention before that there is no screenshot option in VR :disappointed_relieved:?

1 Like

4 Likes

Sadly, my Air Canada A320 crashed into Lake Huron following a Loss of Control. Somehow the cat (the calico not the chat d’orange) disconnected the autopilot while I was away from the computer. By the time I returned, recovery was impossible.

Please respect my privacy at this difficult time.

6 Likes

Gave the 330 a spin around CYVR

1 Like

CAT-astrophic!

3 Likes

Added Carl’s House from “Up” and flew it at Milford Sound, NZ

More info at https://flightsimsquadron.com/2021/03/06/added-carls-house-from-pixars-up/

Wrecked 3 Spitfires before I figured out how to take off from London City Airport without putting the nose into the ground. Somehow the squadron commander allowed me to keep trying until I got it figured out.

2 Likes

Thats a common problem when pilots let their cat’s fly without supervision :flight_arrival: :scream_cat:
Never leave them alone in the cockpit!

2 Likes

It’s a lesson learned. Maybe she was trying to do a “CAT 1” approach.

2 Likes

Today I disabled ONLINE FUNCTIONALITY to avoid the well known 50 FPS → 10 FPS issue, still able to fly on VATSIM using Live METAR mod though. Other traffic also visible due to it does not need Multiplayer mode to work.

https://www.flightsimulator.blog/2021/01/09/using-live-metar-with-live-weather/

Winds aloft are missing because Live Weather needs Online Functionality to work. The benefit now is that I’am able to fly over Alps without CJ4 going upside down due to wrongly simulated winds aloft hitting those mountains at a same speed as at up FL450.

1 Like

Small flight from San Marcos to Georgetown Tx in a Daher before work. Cockpit was dark and cold. No avionics ever kicked on. Whatever, getting used to stuff like this, fun plane and 1st time flying it.

1 Like