What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

1 Like

It is a work in progress, i haven’t finished it yet :wink:

2 Likes

Loooooooooong flight from Midway to Ford Island with a refuel at French Frigate Shoals. Scenery mod I use has not lighted runway on Ford, but I know that middle zone like the back of my hand. Cheers…

9 Likes

LFPG-DIAP in an A310

7 Likes

Pisa-Palermo A319

Athens-Corfù/Kerkira, A319

Las Vegas-Oakland, A310

I left the beta so I could start cold&dark from those third-party airports without CTDs, luckily everything went fine.

2 Likes

I flew from Simforopol (UKFF) almost due south to Beregovoe on the Black Sea that is one of my wife’s favorite vacation spots using an ICON A5.

My wife and I have visited this location and it is one of our favorites. Note that the scenery bears no resemblance to the actual place. . . . (bummer)

Flight:
UKFF, takeoff from RWY 19 under VFR conditions, flew course 179°, (plus or minus to avoid mountains - if you climb to 5000’, you can fly over them but then the let-down is a pain), until I reached the Black Sea. Beregovoe should be right there (more or less, depending on detours).

I tried to cheat and follow valleys through the mountains until I noticed that the one valley I was following lead into a pocket of high mountains and I was, (almost), stuck!

I squeaked out, followed a different valley, and ended up on the coast several nautical miles west of my target - but it was easy to find.

I landed in the sea and coasted up to the beach with the idea of driving out onto the beach and parking.  Unfortunately I forgot to let down the gear first and I got stuck.  Hiring the Slew-Mode version of Sea-Tow, I got dragged off the beach, tried a takeoff, (which worked!), landed again and coasted up to the beach again - and this time I remembered the gear!

=============================================

What it SHOULD look like:

1. Where my plane is sitting:

2. What it looks like during the summer from the beach walkway.

(There are little old ladies that sell fresh figs right there at the beach and they are melt-in-your-mouth DELICIOUS!)

Later on when I figure out how to do videos, I’ll include some that show off my incredibly awful flying skills. :wink:

========================

Reference - to provide context and interesting detail.

Interactive map of the Southern coast of the Crimea showing the direct-route flight plan

You can move around, zoom in, see a lot of detail, and generally just go exploring!

5 Likes

FlyTampa put alot of detail into the KLAS scenery, it’s a beautiful living breathing city down there.:heart_eyes:
Just needs sloppy drunken tourist pedestrians, Elvis and Michael Jackson impersonator sprites.:rofl:

4 Likes

It’s too bad the Airport part of the add-on still CTDs for me on Xbox. :pensive:

3 Likes

Today, I transported a patient with DRF Luftrettung Airbus H145 from Kiel-Holtenau (EDHK) to Flensburg-Schäferhaus (EDXF)

9 Likes

Fast Transit from Reykjavik to Wick - the cross-wind turned into a helpful tail breeze past the Faroes. Despite the beautiful sunset, Wick was socked in with 8/10ths mile visibility.

10 Likes

My first completely successful point to point flight with the Flying Iron Spitfire! It has only taken me a couple of days. I went from LIRN to LIRA, with some sight seeing in between. I think I am getting the hang of this beast! :grin:

5 Likes

That’s two! It’s nice to be able to move forward from practicing take off and landing. I took a tour through the Alps from LSMC to LOWI. My, Innsbruck is nice this time of year! If this is accurate, they have much less snow than western Canada.

4 Likes

Pattern work with the Gooney Bird at Pioneer Airport in Oshkosh, a 1,988 ft grass strip. Flying it by the book to baby the radials, and even with a bit of a crosswind, I can pretty much nail it now once I got my power settings, speeds, and pattern consistent. I’m using the Duckworks mod and found it quite a bit better than stock on multiple fronts.

Buzzing the frogs at the nature center on short final:

This strip and plane are just challenging enough that I could do this all night long trying to get the perfect landing and not get bored. Super fun.

12 Likes

Hazy flight from Tehran, Iran to Lar, Iran and back! Loved it …
OIII-OISL-OIII
Thank you Fenix, Homasim (Aerosoft), GSX Pro, FSRealistic, FSUIPC, SLC, Asobo and MSFT …

11 Likes

Escaping the cold winter weather

3 Likes

Just a short hop from KEDW to KPSP

I tried to make a video using the replay tool from the experimental features, but replaying the landing is just like a video capture, cannot switch camera, or even move it inside the cockpit, so it’s not what I hoped it would be.

3 Likes

Skip, I like that livery, and I love the Far Side. Great post!

2 Likes

En route to Llandegley International Airport from the Shetland Islands.

5 Likes

Day after it snowed the sim represented it. Not a bad job. Now, for a hot cocoa.

11 Likes

Frozen British Columbia

6 Likes