What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Had a nice hour long flight in the Black Square Caravan, from Kelowna CYLK down to Pitt Meadows CYPK. Really bouncy trip over the mountains. Departure was fogged in, and en-route saw many valleys to the South fogged in as well.

I didn’t do it on this trip, but if you ever see something like this, set the sun low on the horizon so that it casts shadows across those foggy valleys, then try flying down through them. The lighting’s really eerie.

8 Likes

Spent the evening making an avatar of me for the sim using an image of my face turned into a DDS file. Turned out ok.

10 Likes

Finally was able to upgrade my aircraft in Aviatife from the Seneca to an Embraer EMB-110, which has made a huge difference in making decent money per flight now. First flight is taking a charter load of passengers from Houghton, MI to Superior, WI.

Snapped a couple shots to mark the newest member of the fleet and even got a shot from a passenger of their view as we climbed out over Lake Superior.

4 Likes

Took a delta connection crj 700 operated by Skywest from KROC to KTDW

1 Like

Found that Ochiai has updated his scenery for Osaka and Kobe. Also flew around another creator’s helo scenery as well as practiced with the HPG action pack. Last one works well, but does not adapt well with inclines (hillside scenery)

7 Likes

Having an upsidedown moment in my last airport review in Rome-Ciampino LIRA by DeimoS Inc .

Check it out

3 Likes

Landed back on UK soil after flying around the world in the Flybywire A320 on VATSIM :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Flight along the south coast UK, EGHH to EGMD

5 Likes

Changed continents and flew from Cochin VOCC to Mandurai VOMD

6 Likes

Testing out my new airplane. The Sting S4

6 Likes

Re-installed an amazing free Capri scenery addon and flew the PC-12 for the first time. This is visually the most detailed addon I’ve seen so far. I wish MSFS would be like that everywhere!! It’s breathtaking in VR.

14 Likes

I’m still laughing with the following image of LGRP. Rhodes is really famous!!! 17:16 Local time…oh fyi there is no parking space…as you can see.

3 Likes

Flew a late night twin otter flight from Detroit metro to Beaver Island harbor because I was using the float plane model with the landing gear

2 Likes

Modified a few details in the Airbus cockpit.

The panel with the AIDS and DFDR event button had the labels and the divider light stripes not perfectly centered, so I tried my best but there is only a very limited space for these labels - or they are no longer illuminated.
There was nothing I could do for centering the light stripes (they simply disappeared when moving them a few millimeters to the left) - but the AIDS label could be centered with a small trick: Having a part of the letter A no longer illuminated could not be avoided, but camouflaging this visual bug by making it look like dirt caused the problem, solved the texture problem… :smiley:

I love these details, like how some panels (in this case the weather radar control panel) were clearly taken out of older Airbusses and mounted in this A320 here.

But after some overthinking I have decided not to make any of the Airbus panels more weathered or dirty-looking because the Fenix already looks absolut PERFECT like it is.

2 Likes

Stormy day over the Caribbean - reposition flight St. Barts (TFFJ) to San Juan P.R. (TJSJ)

7 Likes

Clear skies… Carenado YMF-5 under Delaware memorial bridge near Wilmington International Airport

Nearby on the other side of the river there’s a nice airfield for Kitfox, it is called Rainbow’s end

Landing logged 1, but a little bit off track (vicinity)

3 Likes

Night flight from Barcelona (LEBL) to Gibraltar (LXGB).

4 Likes

I, uh, forgot to lower my landing gear.

12 Likes

I love offshore sailing and I “climbed the sailors’ Mt Everest” by rounding Cape Horn… in the TBM

2 Likes

Flew from KBFL Bakersfield to KBUR Burbank, via VORs with Flight Following on PilotEdge, in a full-motion rig, in VR.

As real as it gets.

Edit: Using ForeFlight :wink::+1:

5 Likes