What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

so your pushing the waypoint button and it doesnt do anything? or are you pressing the waypoint button?

That didn’t do anything there. I got it to go to a new destination eventually, still don’t know how, but after a lot of going back and forth, the new destination showed up on the left and I could click on it, then insert showed up at the bottom right.

This was after I landed and was sitting at the gate after muzzling the co-pilot (took him off ATC duties). So it plotted a direct route from CYHZ (where I flew to manually) to CYQI. However ATC broke down (no more options), I couldn’t file a plan and ended up flying it manually anyway.

Maybe one day I’ll figure it out. Apparently landing without a flight plan doesn’t count. I landed 3 times, the logbook only logged one landing. (and 2 take offs, figure that one out)

The Cessna 152 Great Lakes loop continues I flew from Beaver Island to 8MI7 Bass Lake which turned out to be a grass strip in the middle of nowhere upper Michigan in Stueben definitely middle of nowhere (probably great ufo hunting up there thought) was pushing for Houghton but we ran out of gas it was still a great grass airfield though

2 Likes

approach to jerusalem

4 Likes

Decided to see how things performed after today’s update. As soon as I removed the Bijan software, again, that gummed up the sim after the last update - and ■■■■, I’ve really enjoyed that mod - everything has worked fine. So, I flew from Van Nuys down to Palos Verdes. I notice that I can run at ultra at KVNY and KBUR and have better performance. I tested the sim’s weather against Rex and the sim showed the coastal clouds (a regular feature at this time year down by the Santa Monica), while Rex failed to.

Actually visited the old coastal battery/Nike missile station at White Point, now a nature preserve, but the revetments and cleaned up structures safe to the public. Finally, the peekaboo naval gun facilities at Fort MacArthur.

Then, off to the freeware oil platforms to see if their helipads work and had much joy. Finishing off the flight at the freeware helipads near the Queen Mary.

4 Likes

Flew in New York in the Spitfire, both in VR and pancake mode…lots of people there having fun. Went well, especially when I rattled somebody’s cage by flying under their blind spot and zooming up in front of them about 200mph faster than they were doing. :joy:

3 Likes

tried out the new Frankfurt add-on by Thalixte…

4 Likes

It should count, I land in the middle of now where on a road or grassy field with no flight plan, and if I click on avionics when I land 99.5% of the time it will write the log book entry.

The issue with the flight computer could be the servers are just busy and the moment. It really erks me when I push the button for the vfr map, and then wait 30 secs for the thing to pop up, and then theres no useful info until I close it and reopen it.

Try again today and see if its any better.

2 Likes

I had success last night. I flew to Kuwait, then at the gates I managed to get a flight to Amsterdam programmed in. Maybe it is indeed just a question of waiting. I entered the code, then at the srceen with choices for new destination I clicked on the top left where it says waypoint []. At first nothing, yet after half a minute or so it turned into [EHAM], clicking on set that as my destination, direct flight.

I only had the option to ask for take off with a direction, then in the air request Airspace transition and after that the option to get IFR clearance. My co-pilot refused to do radio communications so when I came back just now to check no progress my IFR was of course. But I could refile, got a runway approach assigned, managed to get the computer to program it in (ILS 18R Y) and now the plane is doing the approach over Noord-Holland.

Actually while typing this the plane already got too close to the runway to capture ILS marker. Declared missed approach, got a new runway assigned (ILS 18C). So I prgrammed in ILS 18 and now the plane is doubling back to make that approach. Not sure why it goes back out this far first but things are working!

Things that do not work is managed speed mode (A/Thr). It wouldn’t go over 200 knots anymore, probably still stuck in landing configuration some where so I set the cruise speed on the dashboard. And fps tanked over night, it’s running at 15 fps atm, left at 30 to 40 fps (The ground does look better after the hotfix)

Anyway going to pay attention now so I don’t miss another approach :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have things turned way up here and the game is still running really good. Im thinking about dragging the 55 uhd tv in here and hooking it up and seeing how thats going to look. Sad part of doing this is the TV is actually bigger then my desk. We’ll see so anywhere I turned on hdr and raytracing (on a non hdr monitor) tweaked a few more things and this is what Ive got on this dumbed down game for Xbox ROFL!!! :

I think the blue st. elmos fire effect is related more to the non-hdr monitor but we’ll see when I switch to the Big TV…

2 Likes

What did I do today in MSFS, well I tried to get it to load after it CDT all the time after update 5 and hotfix.

Second approach to Schiphol Airport, beautiful but ended in a go around

Amsterdam behind me, about to turn onto the approach path over Noord-Holland

Looking good, caught the glideslope

Landing clearance, yay

And then I screwed up or rather forgot I was in drone cam view. 100ft off the ground I tried to turn AP off to get ready to flare. No response. Tried again, nothing. My plane won’t respond to any inputs. AP keeps going, pushes the nose done onto the runway and bounces back up, A/THR keeping the speed at 140 knots. I realize I’m locked out because of drone cam. I switch to inside view and increase throttle to power out over the runway, declaring a second missed approach. Autoland failure, operator error.

1 Like

I went waterskiing. :sunglasses:

Trying out the Bush League Legends tundra tyres XCub mod on the Skagit River, Washington State.

This was with all the damage settings on. I crashed eventually, not entirely sure why. Maybe one too many hard bounce, though I think I just got too slow - there is a minimum speed at which you can ‘waterski’ safely. Other MSFS aircraft seem not to work so well, though it needs more experimentation to figure out what the issues are.

2 Likes

Third approach, back over Flevoland

I guess my fps is tanking as Schiphol is getting more and more populated with live traffic

It is packed down there

Here we go again

Almost there, a little break in the rain to see the runway

I land smoothly this time, slow down and turn off the runway, wondering why I don’t hear anything from ATC. Then I realize I forgot to tune to the tower after acknowledging Approach hand off, and landed without clearance. I didn’t see any other plane on the way to the runway luckily.

I tune to the tower while stopped just off the runway and get approach clearance. I was too embarrassed to tell them I already landed (don’t have the option). So I tuned ground and requested taxi to the gates. Now the taxi ribbon doesn’t work. No problem, I know Schiphol and little navmap does as well. I find D-apron then gate D2 on the map and plot my own route.

Beware on taxiway A over Buitenveldert tunnel, there is an autogen building to close too the runway which snagged my left wing (luckily damage off). It turned my plane a bit off the taxi way, steered back on and resumed taxi.

No further mishaps successful arrival at gate D2

I know this view from real life

That was pretty awesome, getting there in the end. AP certainly is creative while following the approach path. I was maintaining 180 knots, maybe too fast for AP to make turns.

The game is very much due for a restart, left from Dubai last evening with a stop in Kuwait. Well over 90 minutes approach this morning haha. I wonder how many fines I racked up on that arrival :slight_smile:

Oddly, no logbook after shutting off the plane, and no log of the flight. It logged a 19 minute flight from OMDB (Dubai) to OIBC vicinity with 1 take off. Snafu.

3 Likes

Flew around New York in the Cessna 172 just to check out the game performance.

Was very impressed, game load time seems to have been cut in half.

Smooth running. 35-40 FPS 6 ultra settings wide screen

My Settings

Window 10 pro 64
Thrustmaster Airbus SideStick & 2 Lever Quadrant
Ryzen 7 3700X
GIGABYTE RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB GAMING OC Pro
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (DDR4-3200)
Gigabyte 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe
Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE
MSI Optix 3440 x 1440

2 Likes

Got ambitious and move the 55" 4k into the office hooked it up and flew around a bit in true 3840x2160 mode. Wow even the washed out scenery is alot less pronounced. Just a touch of ‘micro stutters’ but Im going to guess its more the Tv then the game:

Landed in a field and then took some for sale pictures of the 152 I need a faster ride!

5 Likes

Flying over the Aokigahara with the Mooney M20, where brave heroes honorable become one wih the earth and the trees forever.

This turbo-charged machine looks absolutely sharp, like some muscle-car from the seventies for the skies or some Porsche-for-the-skies.
It also comes with a livery with awesome gold-stripes:

4 Likes

Flight from Dubai to Louisville with the Salty mod. Another two hours to go. I’ve been comparing performance to my first flight which had a ton of issues. This one has been going considerably better!

2 Likes

Have a nice 5h flight from SBFN brazil to GFLL sierra leone. Around 30 knots headwind all the route so I have to do some fuel calculations instead of my usually full throttle. But everything worked well and I arrived in Freetown with a 45min reserve.

Awesome fact, right? I still remember how amazed I was when I read it for the first time.

1 Like

Delivered the Royal Mail around the Shetlands. Finally some “decent” weather and that summertime late Sun made it possible to enjoy. Got to check out ORBX’ Sumburgh, again, static helos, but no pads to start/park a helo. P2A worked fine. Cheers.

EGPW N0176A075 FEA EG78 EGEH EGPM EGZT EGZR EGET EGEF EGPB
livery and Shetland small airports courtesy of the talented designers sharing their goods on flightsim.to

2 Likes