What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Late afternoon patrol around Malta. Good to see our RN chaps formed up and ready…

5 Likes

A great 5h40m flight from Tahiti (NTAA) to Auckland, NZ (NZAA), fighting monster headwinds all the way across the Pacific. Everything was going great, but on short final we moved to STUTTER CITY. Not sure what happened, as I’ve not encountered this problem in forever. Luckily, we pulled ourselves together and still managed a pretty butter landing, whereupon the stuttering stopped instantly. Also, more ATC goofiness to deal with. Still, safe in New Zealand! Welcome to Auckland!

4 Likes

Have you ever tried taking place on the first officer´s seat? It´s so unusual that even an already well-known cockpit has to be familiarized with because every switch and know is either mirrored or placed in different spots…

Even the best add-on developer like PMDG has to enhance some lower polygon lower detail “weak spots” in their cockpit to compete with the new DLC god Fenix.
By the way what is this thing in the window?

What is “girlfriend 2020”?

1 Like

clap clap clap … Deep in the heart of Texas:

1 Like

Reinstalling… because it just does not launch anymore for no reason…
Maybe I know the reason I have tempered too much with deep internet system settings and more, removal of the Comodo firewall also did not let any VPN or the GOG launcher for Witcher 3 connect on my PC - but I don´t have enough deep system knowledge to fix this, and I will never know how this is related to the Flight Sim and I will never be able to find out…
So let´s do it the easy way and try a FS20 reinstall before doing a Windows10 reinstall.

el ejido? :grinning: :grinning:

A couple of selects from my Deconstructed Bush Trip - Sicily.

5 Likes

1 Like

I did a long flight to watch my performance from OMDB which ended after 6h and 45min in a stormy, rainy EDDK. Performance was well the whole flight basically, landing also went rath
er smooth:

PS: Salty Mod :wink:

7 Likes

Flew the Junkers JU52 from VIPX to VIDP today

2 Likes

I made a perfect flight from OTHH-EDDM. Approach was a bit heavy rainy with cumulus around but was able to land the A330-900 with -97 :slight_smile:
A330-900 now have the MCDU update which makes it easy to update the waypoints. I’ll be doing more long haul flights with this aircraft.

1 Like

Took a flight in the A320 from KATL to KCVG. Nice cloud cover.

1 Like

Today felt very satisfying…after watching many tutorial videos on the PMDG 737 was able to finally have a complete flight where everything seemed to come together finally…Took the WestJet livery from CYOW to CYYZ (both payware upgrades)…was able to import and setup the flight plan removing the discontinuities without any issue - even imported the destination weather from simbrief flight plan…smooth takeoff…soon after vnav kicked in and worked flawlessly from start to finish…got into a stable approach position with the vnav giving time to get setup versus in past having to ovveride with v/s and descend at a high rate of speed and coming in way too hot lol…clicked on the appr mode and everything worked great there after picking up the glidescope…used the auto throttle and it worked as well holding vref speed and had a very smooth autolanding…without autopilot disconnecting on me as it has in the past!.(still amazes me how the 737 gets you to the ground and in center of runway…thanks to Youtuber and real life 737 pilot 737NG Driver for the great videos!)…with such satisfaction i even celebrated by continuing on and exiting runway (with 2 young kids i normally shutdown right away haha) parked up in vacant gate and then realized it had been so long - forgotten how to request the jetway ! Well maybe that can be tomorrows research ! given the satisfaction i experienced today will fly some different aircraft than the 737 for a bit to leave that positive taste!

3 Likes

Last nights’s flight was from ENBN to ENVA Trondheim. I noticed the traffic landing at ENVA, as shown on the NXi, was using 09 and I had flight planned to use 27. ATC would not let me alter my approach to 09 except by circling to land. In the time while I was trying to get clearance for 09, ATC cancelled my IFR. I contacted the tower for a VFR approach and had to accept 27. Continuing an ILS approach to 27, I was buzzed by an airliner that was cleared to approach and land on 27 ahead of me. I slowed down to give it time to get off the runway and in the process lost the glide slope and localiser (which did come back). Landed safely as there was good visibility. No sign of the other aircraft on the ground which did match a real flight. BTW using live traffic.

1 Like

I was wondering if I should go on from Dodoma (HTDO) towards Victoria lake or Mt Kilimanjaro, but as mounains look better ingame than lakes I decided to fly to Kilimanjaro International (HTKJ)

When I got there I flew over the airport to check the mountin itself, which is sadly as bereft of snow as in the news. Wonder what Hemingway would say about it

The mountain still loks pretty even from the airport parking

3 Likes

Just exploring Dubai…

Cheers,
Nish

6 Likes

just counting ctd’s :disappointed_relieved:

Yes, correct. LEEE

Great screenshot. Looks like a real photo.

You should try DCS if you want to fly a real Hornet sim.