What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Perfecting my flight planning skills with Navigraph. A tour of the Hawaiian Islands and a flyover of the in-laws house.

2 Likes

So if you fly that route with them, are you taking a wizz all the way from Krakow to Bergen?

How do you get the HUD to be scaled correctly? In VR the HUD graphics are always far too large and are cut off by the edges of the HUD panel. It’s actually to the point where I just don’t use the HUD because it gets in the way of the view.

IRL some Boeing Business Jets I think have enhanced vision systems (20-201 below I think has it), but I don’t know how those are shown inside the plane:

I have its sister plane in FS2020 but it’s not exactly identical.

1 Like

Forgot to take off my thermal goggles:

(I dont know what caused this other then over the weekend my sims gone nuts again…this was re-shade filter that all of a sudden became broken.

And then a few more:

2 Likes

I’m sorry, I don’t use VR so I don’t know how scaling works for those who do. You might consider asking in the PMDG 737 thread in the Third Party Aircraft section, or over on the PMDG forums.

Night flight from Tel Aviv (LLBG) to Mallorca (LEPA). Got my new rig and have spent weeks getting it set up and benchmarked and ready. This is our first full flight with my new PC! Running a i7-12700 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 now and tonight’s 3h44m, 1645nm flight from Israel to Mallorca went GREAT! Need to reset my viewpoints (they didn’t make it in the transfer to the new rig) but other than that the sim was stable and things went great. Welcome to Mallorca!

2 Likes

Did some sightseeing yesterday afternoon. This is S.P. Crater (known locally as “S__t Pot Crater” - not kidding), a volcanic cinder cone located roughly 40nm due north of Flagstaff. S P Crater - Wikipedia

Then, around sunrise this morning, I decided to take N188GC (one of Grand Canyon Airlines’ actual C208s) on one of her typical sightseeing routes, from Boulder City Municipal (KBVU) over the Grand Canyon and up to Page Municipal (KPGA). I was not disappointed.

10 Likes

Nice pics, is it XBox?

Thanks! Yup, even somehow managed to do the entire flight without the avionics going black or a CTD.

1 Like

Waw, i just asked because the details in your pictures are much better than on my 2500 bucks system. :+1:

1 Like

Departed from a small airport in the remote Faroe islands in the North Atlantic.

3 Likes

Logged in selected departure airport eglin AFB, hit fly now aaaannnnddd CTD :neutral_face:

I did the same thing almost, flying across the USA.
I was at 16,000ft, I stepped away for about an hour, came back and my C-208 was in a lake.

Pitts… Landing practice returning to the Pico Archipelago, Atlantic Ocean

Tried two airports, both small LPPI Pico and a strip LPSJ Sao Jorge

Further west in the Azores there’s a small island called Flores, airstrip is LPFL, this one is a real challenge, I haven’t had a good landing with Pitts yet… it feels a bit like Saba, very short runway (1100 m or so).

9 Likes

​​
Lock up
​​​
​​​​
​​​​
Started up MSFS for the first time in a week or so. It starts downloading a USA update. OK. NBD.

The blue progress bar makes it all the way across. . It has been about 30 minutes now. The fans on the PC are screaming. Locked up? OK. It happens. Shut down MSFS. Reboot computer. Restart MSFS. USA update starts again. Same results.

How do I get out of this lockup loop?
Started up MSFS for the first time in a week or so. It starts downloading a USA update. OK. NBD.

The blue progress bar makes it all the way across. . It has been about 30 minutes now. The fans on the PC are screaming. Locked up? OK. It happens. Shut down MSFS. Reboot computer. Restart MSFS. USA update starts again. Same results.

How do I get out of this lockup loop?

1 Like

Did a flight from JFK to Miami Intl. this morning. In the afternoon I tried to start MSFS multiple times only to get stuck on the loading screen, since I’ve started playing, I’ve had so many issues it’s been a huge hassle. Hopefully it gets fixed by tommorow

1 Like

Yep, stuck on loading screen as well :unamused:

Latest legs of my cross Canada and around the US trip.

Regina SK (CYQR) to Kindersley SK (CYKY) to Edmonton (CYEG) to Hinton-Jasper (CEC4).

Leaving Regina SK (CYQR)

Summer prairie colours

3rd party airport scenery in Edmonton (CYEG)

Great weather all trip. Nice to see other avsimmers in the same airspace!

On final at Hinton-Jasper (CEC4). The flatlands are behind me and now it’s the mountains, islands and coastlineof British Columbia

Also, building instrument bezels in Blender to 3D print for my home cockpit. Printed out some bezels that I’ve downloaded online - some are great, some are less so. Turns out I can get exactly what I want if I create them myself…

Next legs on the trip are Prince George BC (CYXS), Terrace BC (CYXT), Masset BC (CZMT) and Sandspit BC (CYZP). Masset and Sandspit are on Haida Gwaii so I may do some float plane touring while I’m visiting :airplane: :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Try the Hype H135. It’s free. That’s what I did and I got hooked on choppers. I’s the only way to sightsee.

3 Likes

I spent three hours trying to get MSFS to load. I have done all the suggested checklists to no avail. Time to leave it for a while. I really hate the idea of debugging this program. I have yet to find a post on this community to fix whatever problem comes up. My one interaction with MSFS support was useless. More of the same. YOU, that being me, needs to fix YOUR, that being me again, installation. The great MS can’t seem to write anything that works cleanly.

2 Likes