What did you learn from MSFS2020?

What are somethings that you learnt from MSFS? I learned how to use the fmc, how to create a route using fmc, how to takeoff & land properly, and what all buttons in the cockpit do. So thank you MSFS for teaching me this stuff!!

4 Likes

I like to see how the geography and topography of an area looks from the air, and how things are connected.

Being a helicopter pilot irl (past life), I like the different perspectives from different altitudes.

I like to see the real world weather that is actually in an area.

I like to jump in a variety of types and categories of craft, take them for a spin, and keep myself sorta’ connected to my professional passion I had for 22 years, and rekindle the joy from flying like I had when i first got my PPL in high-school in 1992.

2 Likes

Past Life ? Your re-incarnated ?

1 Like

Past working life, chief.

4 Likes

I learned that landing a plane in real life is a whole hell of a lot easier than using a tflight hotas lol.

1 Like

That sounds like me now I’m about 33 hours IRL. I enjoy flying stuff I can’t afford to pay for fuel, planning trips, and such. I think the only issue I’ve had is some effects are a bit over-intensified. I live in CO last week, went to flight school in the morning t41c. Got home decided to fly from Colorado Springs to Pueblo, the cessna couldn’t get off the ground. It iced up everything. I was like I literally just flew this, Icing was reported at way higher but nothing in the first 2k AGL.

Are u real pilot?

1 Like

Yes low hour though. Me in the plane in my profile picture, the plane I fly next to it. Best thing ever man. I don’t know how old you are, or your finances, but I highly recommend you do a discovery flight at your local FBO. The instructor take the plane up then for 30 to an hour you get to fly.

1 Like

oh ok i’ll try that.

How to program and auto-fly an Airbus and a Boeing. And maybe some day VOR navigation too (for nostalgic reasons.)

1 Like

That I probably wouldn’t be a very good pilot in real life.

1 Like

Why is that??

I learned I have had more fun flying smaller airliners and regional jets because there are some airports you completely miss out on while flying the large aircraft, plus I have a history documentary about the area of where I’m flying going in the background because I love studying History and that also dose included flying older regional aircraft :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is recommended to deploy the landing gear before touchdown to reduce friction upon landing.

3 Likes

That take off is optional but landing is compulsory.

1 Like

To check that the destination runway has lights BEFORE setting off and arriving there after dark

3 Likes

Bad habits? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’ve learned more about planes, aviation, and all associated things than I ever thought even existed. If I tried to make a list of all I’ve learned, it would be an epic wall of text that would give people aneurysms and cause their eyes to bleed.

And I still feel like I’ve just scratched the surface.

1 Like

:rofl: Or, in my case once, checking to make sure there is a runway in existence at all when on VATSIM and instructed to taxi to a runway at KBWI that was missing from default scenery :rofl:

I went for it anyway and ended up destroying a perfectly good PMDG 737-800 (and have since turned crash damage off)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.