What do I do after landing?

I’ve gotten to the point where I can land at an airport without much problem - for example, I can fly from Paine Field to Seatac airport and land. I then follow the blue arrows, which guide me to the parking area, and I set the parking brake.

But I have no idea what else it expects me to do! All I can do is exit to the main menu - but it doesn’t seem to count it as a successful landing (my log book shows a takeoff, but no landing for that flight).

What am I missing?

1 Like

Have you shutdown the engine(s)?

Yes, I should have mentioned that. I have figured out how to turn the key - which turns off the engines. And then it just sits there. Is there a ‘checklist’ or something that I should be following?

After engine shutdown, turning off both master avionics switches seems to be what triggers the logbook entry.

2 Likes

Which aircraft?

I mainly fly GA/prop planes, but should be the same for jets.

Most jets don’t have avionic master switches.

I’m still in the Cessna 152 - I actually took some flight lessons about 5 years ago and flew this aircraft - so it’s familiar to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t know if this is a factor, but in most piston engined aircraft, and definitely the 152, you shut down the engine by pulling the mixture lever fully aft.

1 Like

Ha thanks for that info…shows you how much I fly the jets.

I do not know for sure if that is a factor but that is how I always shutoff the engine on a Cessna.

The logbook is so unpredictable that I don’t know if this is applicable or not. But make sure you’re also in a valid parking space too.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice. I’ll try a few more things. When I do a ‘landing challenge’ it shows up in my logbook as a successful landing (in all different aircraft, that doesn’t seem to matter) but when I do a ‘free flight’ from the World Map, none of them show up! I think I’ve navigated to a valid parking spot, right at the end of where the blue arrows lead me to.

Avionics + Battery Master = OFF
CTRL-SHIFT-E to conduct an automated engine shutdown.

Guaranteed 90 percent of the time, you will get a logbook entry appearing before being given the option to return to Main Menu.

1 Like

I find the log book is 50/50 at best… Does it want you to park a particular place? Are all airports properly mapped out with the parking areas? I turn off engines, etc. but I just keep my own log book anyway. Maybe I’ll try the CTRL-SHIFT-E suggestion. On the jets I don’t know what I’m missing to turn off.

I’m getting a logbook entry without shutting the engine down. The (vic) airport location seems to have improved with the last update too.

When I fly the 787 (which is most of the time, lately), even when I shut down the engines, the APU, any ground power connections and the master battery switch to totally power down the plane, I just sit there in the dark with a flashlight until I press ESC to go to the main menu and manually end the flight. The Logbook has been counting the flights and landings, at least.

1 Like

It doesn’t seem like the logbook entries are being uniformly reported from what I’ve seen. I’ve had the logbook report a complete fight by just getting a touchdown and bringing an aircraft to a complete stop all the way to having to do a complete shutdown. Still then I have cases where the logbook will not report a complete flight. I think it is anyone’s guess as to how the logbook is supposed to log flights and if it is even working as intended in the first place.

1 Like

Thanks @LameLefty - I get the same thing, just sit there till I manually exit. I guess I was expecting some kind of notification saying “flight completed”. But so far, none of my flights have logged the landing, only the takeoff.

1 Like

Have you ask to ground service the auth to park or gate? For me, this always make logbook appears after engine shutdown, avionics master and battery swtich to off. In the “non ATC served” airports it seems to declare “runway exit” is enaught to have your logbook appears after complete shutdown.

1 Like

The replies are all good. For me I’ve found that turning off the electronics seems to be the main guarantee of the flight being noted in the logbook.

1 Like

Yeah that’s how I always seem to make the flight end correctly.