What do we still want to see as Historic planes?

What do we still want to see as Historic planes
They now have the Junker, Antonov An-2 already… B747 is already in the historic aircraft

Will be nice if Asobo will also include the makers of the Concorde in their group is also a historic aircraft
Then the
-DC 3,
-Lockheed Constellation,
-Havilland Comet (first jet airliner),
-Lockheed L-1011 TriStar
-AN-225

then you have some nice ones

3 Likes

I’d say my top ten historical aircraft

DC9 any variant (passenger and cargo model) if they have a north west airlines livery with it)
F117A Nighthawk
Lockheed constellation
DC3
F4 Phantom
Harrier
CRJ 200
Metroliner
Boeing 737 700 it came out in 1993 (one year before I was born) plus this jet was a very revolutionary jet to me
A6 Intruder

5 Likes

AN-2? I think it is still a WIP.

Dc-3 will be great to have. So will Fokker F28. And they are on they way.

I would be happy to have a DC-9 and -8 (as a cargo plane).

Avro Lancaster.

My all time favourite.

9 Likes

de-Havilland Mosquito
Avro Vulcan

14 Likes

A Fokker plane
Concorde

4 Likes

any and all on the xbox

1 Like

add P47, ME109, Fw190 and tempest.
then jets hunter, lightning, crusader, demon, and sea venom. victor, B47,TU134, decent A4 and MIG 21

1 Like

I always liked the Boeing 727 and I’m looking forward to JustFlight’s Fokker F28 Fellowship

then I would like to second the Messerschmitt Bf 109. I also would love to have a Mitsubishi A6M Zero. In my eyes it’s the most beautiful fighter of WW2.

and then add the Bf 108 Taifun. In the 1930s the Bf 108 was an extremely comfortable and sporty 4-seater with retractable conventional landing gear. It took part in many competitions and record flights and even over 85 years later it is still a very good performer by today’s standards:
Engine: Argus 10C (240hp) (some with Argus 10E with 270 hp)
Cruising speed: 140 kts
Top speed: 165 kts
Rate of Climb: 1100 fps
Ceiling: 20.000 ft
Range: 540 nm

3 Likes

Spirit of St. Louis.
Undeniably a historic aircraft.

F-111 (maybe not so “historic” but I see folks voting Avro Vulcan so…)

4 Likes

DHC2 Beaver-Float,Ski & Turbo
Boing: 737-xxx & PT17 Stearman
Bell 206x

2 Likes

The A380 would soon be a Historic Aircraft… Then yes, I want this. But we know the FlyByWire team is working on the A380X aircraft, so it’s just a matter of time.

As for the others, I’m not really a fan of historic aircrafts. I prefer airliners that are the latest generation of in-production models. Even I don’t feel like flying A320ceo since we have the A320neo already. Or the A330-300 since we also have the A330-900neo as well.

But if I had to pick a historic aircraft, I would have to pick the Concorde. AN-225 Mriya is nice too, but I’m not sure why this is considered to be a historic aircraft, since it’s still being used in-service.

I would like to see some really good sea planes. PBY Catalina, Boeing Clipper, ect.

2 Likes

Well the A380 is going to be historic pretty soon if not already given the way it’s being dropped by airlines and sent to the scrappers! :rofl:

1 Like

I know right… and here I was hoping to see the new A380plus with the new winglets take to the skies… (And probably flyable in MSFS too) But alas… it’ll never happen…

2 Likes

Travelair Mystery Ship

Wedell Williams 44

4 Likes

Most aircraft we have flying around the world (other than airliners) are historic hehe. We already have lots in this sim, like the Robins, the C152, etc etc :sweat_smile:

There’s so many that could be listed here. I like the idea of them releasing an aircraft with an area. Perhaps some flights or challenges should also come with them too though.

Any aircraft from the 30’s era would be very welcome in my opinion. Love those classic lines.

Just for the fun : Wright Flyer :wink:

5 Likes

F111 been retired so very historic

1 Like

Alberto Santos-Dumont’s Type 20 Demoiselle (damselfly). The world’s first successful ultralight, designed and flown in Paris by one of the greatest pioneers of controlled flight. I first saw a replica one as a kid in, “Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines” and was entranced. It looked so modern, despite being first flown in 1907.

7 Likes