What do you expect in SU6

All my favorite add-ons are going to broken and hours of checking to find which one crashes the sim and which ones don’t crash the sim but are broken as heck…

This is to be expected whenever a base sim change is made though. I removed all my add-ons, mods, and Navigraph plugins - including marketplace purchases, anything that’s not base sim until an update is published or it’s confirmed compatible. Just like that sim that starts with X. Since devs have had the beta I expect a day or two for everyone to catch up. Except marketplace :frowning: they really need to streamline patches to existing content - that should be an automatic push. But that’s a different thread.

it shouldn’t be too hard to guess what we the simmers will be feeling like tomorrow (again) : fixed bugs from the backlog, new surprising glitches, broken add-ons, despite it all nail-biting joy, yet the best sim ever. i’m serious.

3 Likes

be optimist one time in your life

Geez. Bit negative aren’t you?

Your issues feel like they may be controller related and that you have some duplicate bindings or spurious bindings for the mixture control and/ or throttle control. It would be worth checking your bindings and perhaps resetting all to default? You don’t mention what controllers you are using, but perhaps disconnect them all and see if the issues continue. You can then add back controllers one at a time to see if you can identify where the issue lies.

I am hoping for the entire flight planner and everything surrounding it to be fixed. As it stands now it is really bad.

2 Likes

Usually released around 1700Z here in UK which I think relates to about 1000EST.

I’m expecting a nice smooth problem-free update although I’ll spend a while checking none of my settings get altered.

Then tomorrow sit and read all the complaints about how it’s impossible to download the update, this or that is missing yadayadayada.

Don’t forget to empty your Community Folder and disconnect all your peripherals :rofl:

Well to be fair…
I didn’t mention what it might break.

Hopefully it dosn’t break anything that can’t be fixed with a ‘rapid’ hotfix.

I hope they improve VR visuals

I hope they add co-operative multiplayer / crews (like the DCS huey)

1 Like

weird they fix lights on real traffic but not nosewheels or having spawned aircraft taxi? I am not even bothering to download this update. Perhaps next SU?

The default flight planner definitely needs to be re-done, but that will not happen in SU6. The WT developers have already said that their roadmap is to first complete the new G-1000 NXi to the point that it becomes the default G-1000 for all aircraft, then upgrade the G-3000, and then (after that) tackle the default flight planner and navigation system of the core sim.

This will probably happen sometime in 2022.

I expect for instance that Asobo manages to implement an update for a scenery for which I paid them Money, and that the developer sendet them on 21 of July!!!

2 Likes

No update able Xbox series s and x :sob::sob:

If we lucky the update comes perhaps 1-2 hours from now on…

I expect a hotfix, because there would be new bugs from the past experiences. :grinning:

We need stability, nothing more. It is quite a disaster after 3 hours of flight and CTD on the final fix before landing. I have more CTD after SU5 than before SU5 combined.

Hi @Gordongreig
Thanks for your suggestions, you are the first to list these concepts. I see you know what you’re talking about, please: could you be a bit more explicit and extensive in your description of these controls?.
Anyway, I’m going to wait to see what happens after today’s update, before I start the investigations you have suggested, and that I don’t quite know where to start.

New anomalies in the Extra 300LT (in addition to the one already described in the previous post):
Today I discovered this:
1º) In flight and when pressing the Esc key, the engine does not stop (as it did before).
2º) with the aircraft just presented on the runway for takeoff, it appears at idle and immediately stops. With an impulse on Ctrl+E, it does not start, I have to keep the key pressed for about 10 seconds. Once it starts, I accelerate for takeoff, it takes off with normal rpm (2,700 full power); about half a minute later, and in mid-flight, there is a reduction in the sound of the engine, with the consequent reduction of power, it is approximately 60%, the sound is also reduced, the curious thing (again) is that the percentage of power in % indicated in the engine icon, continues to indicate 100%. However, now it indicates=1.500 r.p.m. which I suppose coincides with the 60% of available power that I mentioned.

3º) In this airplane, all these so frequent engine stops, and all these other so strange behaviors, only occur in this Extra 300. In the others, generally only the engine stops, but less frequently.

4º) None of the 3 addons that I have obtained, (E.Typhoon, F-22 A Raptor, and Vertigo) present these strange anomalies, nor ever engine stalls. Initially they occurred very rarely in the E.Typhoon, but they stopped.
5º) I always fly in “ready to fly”, therefore nothing I have ,anipulated on fuel mixtures and richness, etc.
Thank you very much for your contribution in solving this strange problem.
Kind regards: Delfin

Yeah, not sure why people keep blaming Xbox for graphics. I would love a graphics bump on Xbox too. I can run everything on full with full 4K 120hz on my Xbox Series X and my FPS is between 90-105 .
So it’s not the Xbox that is the issue, in fact the specs on my Xbox are probably better than 90% of the PC users out there.

But people always need to blame something…

3 Likes

Hopefully remove that annoying whiteline/arrow that accesses the drop down menu. We all know now that the drop down menu is at the top of the screen