What does mean an exclamation point next to a POI or Airport in the world map ingame?

It popped in for the first time today after the upgrade???

lololo it means new. if you go to it itll go away. i called you a dingus :wink: not really in insult just alot of these questions are funny to alot of people

I wondered myself. All of Japan is doing that for me.

As said above, exclamation indicates it’s new and not visited yet.

Seems to me an exclamation point usually implies there is a problem. An asterisk would have been better to indicate new.

4 Likes

I checked and all my content shows up to date. Any idea why it is doing this or how to fix?

it’s an exclamation mark, not a question mark :wink:

Anyways, the exclamation marks just indicate that these are newly added POI’s from the latest World update (50 of them if I’m not incorrect), so it’s easier for you to go see the new additions, instead of having to manually look them up.

3 Likes

You’re right! Senior moment.

There is a ‘Legend’ button at the bottom (L key), that helped me by displaying an explanation of all symbols.

3 Likes

I was reading yesterday unvisited places carry an exclamation mark. I went to explore some and noticed they’d gone. I’m confident I’ve not seen half of these, is there a way to get them back?

I wonder whether they should stay highlighted until you e flown within a radius of them, five miles or something?

I think those are limited time events. The places are still there, but probably not showing as exclamation marks to be explored as part of an achievement.

As soon as you ‘visit’ the POI, the exclamation mark disappears so you can easily distinguish wich places you still have to visit. As there are, because of an update, new POI are added, new marks will appear.

Hello,
I updated my MSFS today with the last available updates (Version 1.27.21.0) WorldUpdate XI…
What I have noticed since today is that almost all airports on the world map have an exclamation mark. However, I cannot explain why. (see attached screenshots)
I’m looking forward of your feedbacks
Oilinga

The exclamation marks indcate New Content. The marks should go away after visiting that spot.
I believe it requires a take off & landing from the airfield/airport or in the case of a POI/Fauna, a 3-4 second viewing(from about 1500 ft away or less) using POI view. It’s not perfect yet, sometimes the exclamtion marks don’t go away after.

Select " Show Legend " to see a list of icons.

Great Thank. I will observe this. Nice weekend!

1 Like

You can just click on them in the map to remove them, what annoys me is after every update (i guess the POI gets updated too) is that they come back again even if you have visited them. So when you think you’ve nearly seen every POI in a region, an update happens and then you don’t know where you’ve not been and what is just updated.

And that’s been another launch-day bug that was never fixed though reported many times.